• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Does it even matter anymore? Pete already got his momentum boost, and he and Bernie have an equal split on delegates. A week later correction that puts Bernie 1% ahead on SDEs isn't gonna change anything in the race.
I suppose it matters in the sense that if this God-forsaken system survives into 2024, whoever is writing shit down will have carte blanche to irrevocably "fudge" SDEs because math is hard.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
NH is hard to poll because Independents can vote (unless im wrong). Going into NH last time, Bernie was thought to win, but he ended up winning by 23%. This time around it is hard to know what will happen. The independents might go more for a centrist person like Pete, Klob, or Warren. Or they could go for Bernie again. Also, with the GOP primary not being contested, more right leaning Independents might involve themselves in the Democratic primary?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Perez try to convince Iowa to switch from the voodoo caucus model to something less esoteric? I'd imagine this result was something he would have liked to avoid.
Yes, Perez got I thnk seven other states to switch from caucuses to primaries, but Iowa wouldn't. Because of their grand tradition they take very seriously!

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Perez got I thnk seven other states to switch from caucuses to primaries, but Iowa wouldn't. Because of their grand tradition they take very seriously!
And because NH has a law that says they must be the first primary which contributed to the 2008 fuckery

they will push their primary up as far as necessary and we are stuck with this shit until the party is willing to write off their delegates like they did to MI and FL but with the difference being that NH and IA actually care enough that it could have GE implications

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does it even matter anymore? Pete already got his momentum boost, and he and Bernie have an equal split on delegates. A week later correction that puts Bernie 1% ahead on SDEs isn't gonna change anything in the race.
There's still one delegate waiting on the final tally. It goes to whoever wins the SDE count. If Sanders gets it, it'd be 13-13, if he doesn't it'll be 14-12 in Buttigieg's favor.

Oct 26, 2017

You can't stop your King anymore, fools.

Hilarious and completely predictable.

Senate Republicans now have absolutely zero leverage over him. There's no legislation Trump wants to push and he knows they'll confirm judges regardless of what he does.

Also I don't know why these moderates thought it was good to put their name in the NYT report. It just makes them look completely weak and feckless. I'm sure swing voters are thinking, "Yes, let's have more Republicans in Congress that Trump will ignore".

Anti-abortion and ~~~economic anxiety~~~ in the same day. We can also remember the anti-immigrant language on the website from eons ago.

You might very well conclude he's a conservative dudebro douche.

I think Tulsi was the original Trojan Horse but she released the Spartans way too soon when Hilary exposed her. Yang definitely seems like he was the conservative dudebro's Plan B with his comments the past 24 hours.

Oct 28, 2017
I know campaign merch is often pretty tacky but this is really something.
Product-Black-America-Shirt_900x.jpg

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
Pete's merch sucks. What is the message of this shirt supposed to even be:

The_Values_Tee_720x.jpg

It looks like a powerpoint slide from an office motivational training seminar.

Internal+vs.+Instrumental+Motivation.jpeg

Oct 25, 2017
Making Chris Morroco's Spicy Sweet Sambal Pork noodle recipe and watching backflips and bioforge tonight

(holy shit this recipe is so good)

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
God it's sad that 4th for Biden in NH would be not the worst imaginable thing. Really, this is highlighting how awful IA and NH are for starter states. Add in one being a caucus? You've got a process that's not even democratic and the campaigning is pandering to people who don't remotely represent the diversity of the party. It's not all the same set of issues. On the flip side, they're absolutely perfect for GOP starter states.

Biden's obviously in a heap of trouble, but if he can still pull a 1st/2nd in NV and win SC this'll largely get shrugged off and he's betting on going into automatic mode from super tuesday on, which is forced since he can't have much money right now.

Booty seemingly taking moderate votes from Biden is the unexpected twist in the last couple weeks coming into Iowa, but we have no idea if it'll hold. He'll still polling garbage nationally. Warren is stuck in the same spot she's been in for months in that she's seemingly everyone's 2nd pick on everything but don't win any particular demographic. She'll have to hope for a brokered convention. Sanders absolutely must win NH and be 1st/2nd in NV. Klobb is here for no goddamn reason anymore other than to fish for a Sanders VP slot. It's miserable she's still here when so many more interesting candidates have been out for ages.

Oct 25, 2017
4th -> 5th -> 2nd is completely awful for Biden. I don't see how three weeks of wall to wall negative coverage doesn't completely kill the campaign and dry up funds.

also signs of a desperate campaign:

0fRs3jO.jpg

iUPyx63.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Biden's problem isn't Iowa or NH. It's that he's far past his prime and literally the only thing he has is not even really him but Obama

His insipid campaigning in Iowa showed this. Him being really weak on the debate stage showed this. If it wasn't for Pete getting banished to the shadow realm after getting called out for his "them blacks were doing gang crime anyways" response, he probably would have had the weakest performance.

Like the CNN black focus group was pretty telling. Everyone supported Biden because of "electability" but only a single person was going to vote for him in the primary. That makes you super vulnerable if you're getting your lunch eaten by other moderates.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Interestingly, Biden's seemingly backed away from the Noun, Verb, Obama formula over time. Maybe he should have stayed with it? I don't know. It's been beaten like a dead horse but it appeals to the voters he needs.
4th -> 5th -> 2nd is completely awful for Biden. I don't see how three weeks of wall to wall negative coverage doesn't completely kill the campaign and dry up funds.
Oh yeah it'd be awful, but he's not actually out of it until we see how SC goes. NV should be tight vs Sanders, but I'd slightly favor Bernie currently. Assuming Biden manages SC soundly, it'd be a titanic Sanders vs Biden Super Tuesday to see who can take the claim of frontrunner. Hey, at least I like seeing Biden actually campaign now and engage the other candidates. He should have started it ages ago but he'd been playing the frontrunner/inevitability thing for months. Sanders will be rolling in cash if he does well on Super Tuesday and will better be able to keep running a sustained campaign the rest of the way. Biden really really really needs money.

Not sure about how news cycles will actually look. Never underestimate Trump's compulsive need to try to be the top story every day and take up maximum TV pundit roundtable time, and we know he's itching to do some dramatic crap soon.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Why does Bernie pack his campaign and surrogates with such conniving assholes? I believe he's a genuine guy. Their pot-stirring and conspiracies only corrode his authenticity. I really don't get it. edit: talking about Brihanna and Sirota mainly.

Populism only works if you're painting the existing power structure as always working against you/"the enemy of the people" etc

At least in 2020 we'll get a fascinating look at left vs right in a way we haven't really seen in Europe since the 20s and 30s, and that turned out swell for us

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Megan Messerly @meganmesserly

NEW: Nevada Democrats are developing a new "tool" to be preloaded onto iPads and distributed to precinct chairs. The tool — which volunteers who attended a training today were told is not an "app" — will fold in early vote results on Caucus Day. Story coming soon on @TheNVIndy.

8:53 PM - Feb 8, 2020

thenevadaindependent.com

Nevada Democrats debut to volunteers new iPad-based ‘tool’ to calculate math on Caucus Day in the wake of Iowa fiasco - The Nevada Independent

Nevada Democrats are planning to use a new caucus tool that will be preloaded onto iPads and distributed to precinct chairs to help facilitate the Caucus Day process, according to multiple volunteers and a video recording of a volunteer training session on Saturday.
Nevada Democrats are planning to use a new caucus tool that will be preloaded onto iPads and distributed to precinct chairs to help facilitate the Caucus Day process, according to multiple volunteers and a video recording of a volunteer training session on Saturday.
The new tool will help precinct chairs fold in the results from people in their precinct who chose to caucus early with the preferences of in-person attendees on Caucus Day by calculating the viability threshold and carrying out the two alignments in the caucus process, according to the volunteers and the video recording. Details about the tool come two days after Nevada Democrats said that they would not use any apps for their Feb. 22 caucus after a coding error in a similar program used by Iowa Democrats delayed the release of results from that state's nominating contest earlier this week.
In the video, a party staffer tells volunteers that the new mechanism "is not an app" but should be thought of as "a tool."
"What we've done after Iowa is consult with a group of tech and security folks who are helping us through this process and making sure that we're doing this in a way that is simple and efficient and secure for all of you so that we're giving you the best tools we can possible on Caucus Day," the staffer said. The new tool will "flow your precinct early vote data, so that you can have the information for your precinct caucus, so that when you do your viability calculations, you're able to get the number of people who voted early and then when you see the results of your first alignment, you're able to key in that early vote information so that you have every piece of information you need to run your precinct caucus."
Asked by a volunteer whether results would be transmitted from one place to another, the staffer demurred.
"Those are all excellent questions, and we're still working out some of the details around those so I'll make sure that everyone has more information as we're able to share it," she said.

Last edited:

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to FTP it, lol

Also, it's in two weeks and you don't have the details? There's like no time to run tests.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone could see from a mile away that using an untested phone app would be a disaster. That's why we at the Nevada caucus are using iPad.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm going to vote for whoever at this point.
God it's sad that 4th for Biden in NH would be not the worst imaginable thing. Really, this is highlighting how awful IA and NH are for starter states. Add in one being a caucus? You've got a process that's not even democratic and the campaigning is pandering to people who don't remotely represent the diversity of the party. It's not all the same set of issues. On the flip side, they're absolutely perfect for GOP starter states.

Biden's obviously in a heap of trouble, but if he can still pull a 1st/2nd in NV and win SC this'll largely get shrugged off and he's betting on going into automatic mode from super tuesday on, which is forced since he can't have much money right now.

Booty seemingly taking moderate votes from Biden is the unexpected twist in the last couple weeks coming into Iowa, but we have no idea if it'll hold. He'll still polling garbage nationally. Warren is stuck in the same spot she's been in for months in that she's seemingly everyone's 2nd pick on everything but don't win any particular demographic. She'll have to hope for a brokered convention. Sanders absolutely must win NH and be 1st/2nd in NV. Klobb is here for no goddamn reason anymore other than to fish for a Sanders VP slot. It's miserable she's still here when so many more interesting candidates have been out for ages.
This is why I always felt bidens targeting by Trump was a blessing I'm disguise. No one likes Biden. It was a weird choice to go after. If I was a tyrant I'd go after Sanders warren or buttigeig.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
apparently, ripping up a copy of a speech is a crime now according to Kevin McCarthy

also

This is why no Republicans are going to do anything of valor until Trump is gone. It's not worth it to them to do the right thing and face the cult. I don't feel bad for them at all for creating this but it is so foreboding for the future of this country and example 9000000 why social media has been a huge step back.

Oct 28, 2017
What is with the obsession with apps. Did someone in Nevada's Democratic Party have a fresh out of community college nephew ask for IT work experience or something?

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
What can even be "preloaded" onto an iPad that's not an app?
theyre just putting a bookmark in Safari, aren't they?

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to vote for whoever at this point.

This is why I always felt bidens targeting by Trump was a blessing I'm disguise. No one likes Biden. It was a weird choice to go after. If I was a tyrant I'd go after Sanders warren or buttigeig.
Don't worry, Jane Sanders will be under federal investigation by the summer. That's why they gave the Toensing boy a job at Justice.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so confused as to what the Biden campaign was doing in New Hampshire. Everything I'm reading shows he had a legitimate chance there but he completely ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.