• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
whats funny is that expanding AmeriCorps from 750000-> 250000 is lifted straight out of the Obama 2008 campaign and he already got a law passed to do it in 2009. congress just never followed through with the money. Then Hillary campaigned on doing the same thing and now Pete. It's almost a meme at this point

Exactly.

Lots of people like the idea; no one cares enough to follow through with it. Politically-speaking, that's a win-win. Sounds nice, and you'll never have to commit to it so you can't piss anyone off with the implementation.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I still can't believe Chris Matthews went on an on-air rant about how Bernie will execute him and people like him in Time's Square and nothing happened

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Chris Mathews is basically the guy who started this whole "how you gonna pay for M4A" thing in the media basically was acting very belligerent against Warren over it.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe Chris Matthews went on an on-air rant about how Bernie will execute him and people like him in Time's Square and nothing happened

The existential dread is NOT the undermining of ethics, constitutional, law, and blatant misleading marketing and lies brought upon by a cult-like governmental body.

No, its the threat of altering for-profit incentives from industries that are abusing the demand and desperate needs of our citizens for personal gain. That is the change that will destroy us all!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Whoa seriously Yang. You just lost all the good will I ever gave you. Your choice, no one else's fucking business. And likely the moral choice in an increasingly over populated world.
You've never had abortion celebration parties before?

I really don't like Yang and never have. Glad he brought up UBI even if his implementation is fucking horrid and regressive but I hope he drops out soon.
Biden's ad pissed off a lot of Mayors, there's a couple more but Era has a limit on tweets lol
The ad was so dumb honestly, should have just listed Pete's fuckups. Accomplishments like the pet ID thing are good things, someone has to be in local level government 🤷‍♂️

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is like the peak embodiment of every thing that is wrong with this country.

Moral and ethical erosion
Demise of truth reporting, fact finding and science
Pure pizzazz over substance, everything built for TV ratings
Cult behavior
Nearly global scale level of fraudulent actions
White nationalism, bigotry, xenophobia
Hyper partisanship of putting party before country
Peak capitalism of valuing money over human lives, corporations over customers
Mass disinformation propaganda
Fascism taking over as checks/balances + constitution completely ignored
Absolute corruption both domestic and international
Cheating in elections and causing further decay in Democracy
Complete disregard for the environment and the incoming global crisis
Unfettered nepotism and quid pro quos in all parts of the government
All the radical and fringe judges he has appointed that have no sense of moral justice nor are even all that qualified to begin with

And on and on.

It's actually quite shocking how much he has worsened various components of US in just 3 years in office. Imagine the long term damage this guy is going to do to the country in 8 years.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also no one brought it up from last night...

but Klobachar completely meme'd on Pete by saying that he felt exhausted by the impeachment and would rather watch cartoons.

Imagine running for office and not caring for impeachment as a Democrat... saying you would rather watch cartoons.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He should have been shitcanned ages ago. Dude is out of touch and his bloviating, fear mongering bs makes more sense on CNN.

but Klobachar completely meme'd on Pete by saying that he felt exhausted by the impeachment and would rather watch cartoons.

Imagine running for office and not caring for impeachment as a Democrat... saying you would rather watch cartoons.
That was one of my fave moments. I liked the subtle shade of how infantilizing that dig was.

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017

I mean sure, if your good with her just making up what he actually said

FYI that is a slate reporter. Nobody will care but there you go

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
To be fair to Biden, he did destroy Ryan stylistically in their debate. But with Palin all he had to do was just let her speak, he didn't win that because of how great he was but because Palin lost by default lmao

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair to Biden, he did destroy Ryan stylistically in their debate. But with Palin all he had to do was just let her speak, he didn't win that because of how great he was but because Palin lost by default lmao
I thought in one of the '08 books it was revealed that they were nervous about Biden kind of wiping the floor with Palin and he had to reign it in as a result.

Erpy

May 31, 2018

Actually, since Palin was a woman, Biden had to take care rebutting her without sounding overly condescending since it'd be viewed as sexist, rather than as the natural reaction to a talking point machine masquerading as a human. He did that rather well.

So disgusting Paul Ryan deserves a name mention but not disgusting Sarah Palin? Minor point but a hint of misogyny there. Minor but it's there. That woman....

Paul Ryan, as disgustingly Randian as his politics were, was a serious politician who was a believable pick for VP. Palin never had any business being in that spot and I see no issues in not honoring her by dropping her name.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
User warned: hostility, generalizations
Yo did this site get an influx of die hard bernie people?

I feel like shit didn't be so cultish around bernie some months back.

In their eyes he is THE ONLY good politician or the ONLY person with good ideas. It's getting tiring.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Yo did this site get an influx of die hard bernie people?

I feel like shit didn't be so cultish around bernie some months back.

In their eyes he is THE ONLY good politician or the ONLY person with good ideas. It's getting tiring.

The lack of a dem primary thread for so long, and the speed in which all other threads get locked, probably skews the perception of support for Sanders on this website.

Edited for clarity

Last edited:

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
The lack of a dem primary thread, and the speed in which all other threads get locked, probably skews the perception of support for Sanders.
There's a primary thread now but it's basically used to shit on anyone who isn't Bernie.

Even warren.

Literally the most progressive candidate after Bernie gets shit on there.

How do these folk expect anything to get done in this country when there is only one politician they trust or support?

Status
Not open for further replies.