• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
biden was trying to get the engine going again... he had some good moments that he needed

amy and styer had some of their better moments ever

yang didn't need to be there at all

pete and bernie seemed like the clear front runners... its going to be an adventure!

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Thought Pete had a bunch of really good moments tonight COMPLETELY overshadowed by his race stumble.

Really like Amy as somebody's VP

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I think Amy had the best showing of the night. Really strong throughout, I was impressed. Bernie was also very good, can't think of any real faults. I kinda feel like a Bernie/Amy ticket could be formidable?

Pete was pretty strong for most of the night but plainly got blasted on the race question and had no real way to respond to it. Steyer is playing this strange moderator role but it's good to have someone who will remind the audience of the big picture when the candidates start over getting in the weeds on issues where there's relatively little daylight between them. Great answers on race too, and thank you thank you thank you for getting us out of another fucking morass of a healthcare debate. Warren also had some great answers but just felt like she never really owned the stage in ways that many of the others did.

Biden I thought was fine and it was probably his best overall debate so far, but for someone who prides himself on having more African American support than others he can't really talk to issues about race nearly as well as Steyer of all people. And the fact that he always defers to his poll numbers in South Carolina as an answer is telling.

The only one who I thought was outright terrible was Yang. When he said the next Dem president should just forget about Trump's criminality and move on, I basically tuned him out from that point on.

Oct 27, 2017
Chris hayes friday night stand up crowd in NH giving props to klob so far, a few undeclared and undecided folks impressed with her. Completely anecdotal, of course.

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
The race answer by Pete was atrocious.

Didn't seem like he was prepared for it. I've seen worse 'oh shit how do I answer this' scrambles but you can't really stumble on answers regarding race.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the amount of shit I throw at and will continue to throw at Bernie Sanders, I don't really dislike the man himself or what he stands for on a broad level. I mean I also wouldn't say I like him particularly.

But I do think he surrounds himself with terrible people. And I generally cannot stand a cultish segment of his supporters.

If it can't be Warren, then I guess he'll do.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the amount of shit I throw at and will continue to throw at Bernie Sanders, I don't really dislike the man himself or what he stands for on a broad level. I mean I also wouldn't say I like him particularly.

But I do think he surrounds himself with terrible people. And I generally cannot stand a cultish segment of his supporters.

That's pretty much my viewpoint as well.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

If it can't be Warren, then I guess he'll do.
This is where I'm at. I was a huge fan of him before he ran for President. And I voted for him in the 2016 primary. But then I became aware of all the shitty people he surrounds himself with, the harassment issues on his campaign, etc. That's when I turned around on him and became a playa hata. I still like his stance on most issues but Forma does it all better.

I think he did on almost every question, except when pressed about racism in South Bend, where he just had nothing to say.
How the fuck was he not prepared for a question on that

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think if you're Bernie you're happy tonight. He performed well, wasn't attacked too terribly (even defended by some of his colleagues!), and
Amy might pull some Biden/Pete supporters and give him a more clear win on Tuesday.

Steyer might be the most likeable Billionaire I've ever seen. So he's got that. Glad he's on our side and he learned to stop staring deep into my eyes while debating.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
This is where I'm at. I was a huge fan of him before he ran for President. And I voted for him in the 2016 primary. But then I became aware of all the shitty people he surrounds himself with, the harassment issues on his campaign, etc. That's when I turned around on him and became a playa hata. I still like his stance on most issues but Forma does it all better.

How the fuck was he not prepared for a question on that

It's indicative of how he's been unable to garner minority support across the board. It's a huge blind spot and his campaign probably (naively) thinks it'll come for free if he swings the early stuff.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
So it seems the debate did absolutely nothing to move the needle in any direction, and we're stuck in exactly the same place as before, with no clear frontrunner, the most viable candidate slipping badly, and a bunch of trolls and rich old people all clamoring for attention.

Bingo. Every woman knows this situation. They've busted their ass and some mediocre [white] man feels entitled to jump from nowhere and take charge.
Amy Klobuchar is credibly accused of physically and psychologically abusing her staffers.

The ass she's busted to get where she is is not hers alone.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how you can look at Pete and go "yes, him, he'll beat Trump". He's a parody of a liberal elite.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I tuned in just in time to see Warren destroying Pete on race. Maybe he did better before that, but he seemed awful in every bit I saw. He got cornered so hard on his own record and had absolutely nothing of value to say in his defense.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how you can look at Pete and go "yes, him, he'll beat Trump". He's a parody of a liberal elite.

Anyone who's been paying attention can see it for what it is. Just someone trying to say the right milquetoast, middle of the road shit to appeal to as many people as possible. I like to think people would be smart enough to discern that... but also look where we are.

Dec 31, 2017
A couple of things:

1) Best debate of the season so far
2) I agree with Chris Christie on pete. He handled that question terribly and was a deer in headlights. It was so noticeable. When he's out of his rehearsed comfort zone, he flounders and loses that eloquent edge of his. He will get destroyed as trump throws lie after lie his way.
3) Steyer is hype as shit.
4) Yang with terrible answers about not prosecuting previous administrations and MLK.

As for Bernie he had a great debate overall. It's frustrating to see the punditry treat Pete as the clear Iowa winner and the frontrunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.