• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone even explain what the negative impact on Bernie of all this so-called rigging by the DNC would be?

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Everyone just condescending people who are annoyed at the complete incompetence of the DNC... you hate to see it. This is how you win an election, I'm sure.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Ordering a recanvass is dumb because it'll do nothing but sow more distrust in the process, but what the fuck, why do so many people in this thread continue to miss that *the DNC is not responsible for managing the Iowa caucus*! Caucuses and primaries are the responsibilities of state parties!

Because people are goofy

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
Perez is a moron. Just let the Iowa results come out, flawed or not, forget about them forever, and penalize Iowa. Doing this recanvass crap just as Bernie might pull ahead is possibly the dumbest move so far.

I dunno, this can keep people fired up in the Berniesphere since they only seem happy when they feel slighted. Feels like a win-win since you also can keep making fun of caucuses in the process while enjoying some perplexing conspiracy theories about the difference in one delegate for a bump that already would be baked in or not by now.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Katie Benner @ktbenner

Clarifying earlier wording: Any investigations into Senate and House candidates (and/or their campaigns) and investigations into potential campaign finance violations now require DOJ leadership OK. https://twitter.com/ktbenner/status/1225405826891907072 …

9:16 AM - Feb 6, 2020

Katie Benner @ktbenner

AG Barr has said all investigations of 2020 presidential candidates need his sign off. Yesterday he issued guidance that Senate, House & campaign finance inquiries would require DoJ leadership approval too. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/us/politics/barr-2020-investigations.html …

8:08 AM - Feb 6, 2020

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
the weaponization of the courts will be a nasty tool for generations to come

McConnells legacy and lasting curse long after he is gone

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
If you believe in the anti-christ and don't see Trump as the living embodiment of such you are a fucking idiot.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I am so overly annoyed that he is playing up Scalise getting fucking shot yet doesn't do fucking shit about the rest of Americans.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd really like to know who are the people sitting around saying, "yeah, that Iowa caucus went off without a hitch."

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone even explain what the negative impact on Bernie of all this so-called rigging by the DNC would be?

Momentum! That nebulous thing you definitely have when you win by a couple votes against a small town mayor, in a confusing election.

Honestly, this is better for him. It gives his fans something to rail against.

Oct 27, 2017
The DNC made that app malfunction just to kill Bernie's momentum and now they're going in after the results have already come out, given him a polling boost and everyone's moved on to NH just to really put the final nail in his campaign's coffin.

It's one caucus. The rewards for every Democratic primary are proportional. Sanders will get his delegates. His caucus changes benefited him to the point that he has the most supporters counted in the caucus, and will at least have as many delegates for the national race as the "winner" of the state.

Further, he has also already won both the platform-change game and the establishment freak-out game. The polls show he has momentum, and has the fundraising that will provide a lot more momentum that can't knock him out of the race this early.

LiquidSword

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is just making fun of these people on national tv and they are jumping up to say "Thank you so much sir!" I can't get over how they clap when he goes on a tangent and doesn't make any sense.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
User Banned (1 week): hostility
Everyone just condescending people who are annoyed at the complete incompetence of the DNC... you hate to see it. This is how you win an election, I'm sure.
No, it's because people like you don't want to fucking win. People like you want to whine on the Internet about this bullshit. I don't give a fuck about your stupid ass principles or whatever, any time ANY FUCKING THING happens that's slightly negative to God Emperor Sanders you people go into overdrive to protect him. Guess what? The delegate counts are going to be virtually identical to what they are now. So just deal with it instead of fucking whining about it, Jesus Christ man. Like, the glee that you're getting from shitting on the party THAT'S TRYING TO BEAT A GODDAMN NAZI really betrays your fucking priorities, and that's the last I'll say about any of this shit. Y'all ruin my whole fucking day with your garbage.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Biden's gotta massively course correct here. Pulling into a close second in New Hampshire would help a lot but I don't know if he can, to say nothing of winning Nevada outright which may be necessary.

I've always felt Biden's black support is his firewall, but lately my thoughts about his inevitability as the nominee have turned it into something of a crutch. For one thing, his margins have never been as impressive as Obama's or Clinton's. And writing off Iowa in advance because "oh well we'd never win there anyway" was foolish. Margins matter. They mattered in 2016 when Sanders let himself get blown out in South Carolina by fifty points and then gave up on the rest of the South, which made any road to victory impossible. They also mattered when Clinton lost rural counties by 50 when Obama lost them by 20. It adds up. You still have to give a shit.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I think everyone is pretty fucking annoyed over the incompetence that went into Monday night, but it has far more to do with the Iowa Democratic Party (the people who are actually in charge of organizing, managing, and reporting results from the caucuses every four years) than the DNC or Tom Perez.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie earned a decent chunk of delegates and he will continue to do better than Butti. Butti has no path

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017

Katie Benner @ktbenner

Clarifying earlier wording: Any investigations into Senate and House candidates (and/or their campaigns) and investigations into potential campaign finance violations now require DOJ leadership OK. https://twitter.com/ktbenner/status/1225405826891907072 …

Katie Benner @ktbenner

AG Barr has said all investigations of 2020 presidential candidates need his sign off. Yesterday he issued guidance that Senate, House & campaign finance inquiries would require DoJ leadership approval too. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/us/politics/barr-2020-investigations.html …

So Barr to weaponize investigations into democratic candidates and quash any investigation into republicans.

Sounds about right.

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's gotta massively course correct here. Pulling into a close second in New Hampshire would help a lot but I don't know if he can, to say nothing of winning Nevada outright which may be necessary.

I've always felt Biden's black support is his firewall, but lately my thoughts about his inevitability as the nominee have turned it into something of a crutch. For one thing, his margins have never been as impressive as Obama's or Clinton's. And writing off Iowa in advance because "oh well we'd never win there anyway" was foolish. Margins matter. They mattered in 2016 when Sanders let himself get blown out in South Carolina by fifty points and then gave up on the rest of the South, which made any road to victory impossible. They also mattered when Clinton lost rural counties by 50 when Obama lost them by 20. It adds up. You still have to give a shit.
Monmouth had Biden leading in Iowa so maybe they're not as good this primary cycle. But we'll have to see!

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Katie Benner @ktbenner

Katie Benner @ktbenner

This is so painfully transparent.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Saying that they deleted things is rich given recent stories the Trump admin is doing just that.

More projection.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I think everyone is pretty fucking annoyed over the incompetence that went into Monday night, but it has far more to do with the Iowa Democratic Party (the people who are actually in charge of organizing, managing, and reporting results from the caucuses every four years) than the DNC or Tom Perez.

Absolutely, and then Perez came in and dumped gasoline on the fire.

This was previously a crisis management failure by Iowa Dems, and now it's become a crisis management failure by the DNC.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck mob bosses, this is dictator strong man bullshit.

Having just watched Last King of Scotland, Idid Amin comes to mind.

Katie Benner @ktbenner

Katie Benner @ktbenner

Ah yes, the political appointee should make the call

Status
Not open for further replies.