• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Mitt is going to go back to Utah and cry into all of his money that the GOP doesn't like him anymore.

Mitt is garbage and doesn't deserve praise, but I see someone let him borrow half vertebrae for a bit.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I mean, I might be completely misrembering the 2012 election, but didn't a large amount of it boil down to comparison's between Obamacare and Romney's health insurance plan he enacted while Governor of Massachusetts (Romneycare)? He would never go for single payer, but hardly anyone is arguing for that. Yes, he would be significantly more conservative than basically any Democrat (and he'd definitely prefer a Scalia to an RBG), but I could see him hopping on that train for healthcare, depending on how it ultimately gets structured. Kind of a meaningless thought exercise regardless because he's not going to stop calling himself a Republican barring complete excommunication on behalf of party officials and I don't see them taking that drastic a step.
Well, an important thing to remember with "Romneycare" is it was passed by the Massachusetts legislature which was overwhelmingly Democratic. So much so that Romney actually vetoed parts of the program that the legislature had to override to implement. The idea that the ACA was a bog standard Republican idea before Obama took it up is a pretty skewed reading of the history behind it.

Romney disassociated himself from Romneycare in 2012 anyway to draw a contrast between himself and Obama.

I don't think Romney is a gettable vote on much of anything outside of immigration, but if he shed the party label that would certainly change things.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

✔@kylegriffin1
Manchin will vote to convict. Republicans get no Democratic votes. https://twitter.com/sen_joemanchin/status/1225159956636340225 …

Senator Joe Manchin

✔@Sen_JoeManchin

Voting whether or not to remove a sitting President has been a truly difficult decision, and after listening to the arguments presented by both sides, I have reached my conclusion reluctantly. My full statement:

EQCkTiiXsAAzw2B

15:55 - 5 Feb 2020

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Reports claim that the ground suddenly opened wide and swallowed Senator Mitt Romney whole as he attempted to walk into the senate chamber. Reports state Hannity was sighted at the bottom of said hole.

Oct 27, 2017
Mcconnell went from "they're upset they lost the 2016 election" to getting confused by his own speech: "Heads: I win. Tails: you cheated." and "you're so worried about the bull in the china shop that you would bulldoze the china shop to chase it out" and "the institutions must break the fever, not the other way around." were the choice analogies used.

"Today is the day the fever began to break, not the beginning." was the closing sentence. He didn't really need to make a speech, even.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
I really can't believe Manchin is actually voting yes

Also, I'm surprised this has never happened before

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
West Virgina absolutely doing its best to radiate chaotic neutral energy that is killing us daily.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The vote doesn't even matter anymore, the headline is set for the day and it won't be "TRUMP TOTALLY EXONERATED".

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The formerly reasonably intelligent and center-right (that's gone more to the right) elections site I visit every so often, to see what the other side is thinking, is very upset Romney voted to convict.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
It's absurd how open the GOP is about being a deranged and completely evil cult, they don't even hide it anymore, but the press just ignores it, or fails to notice. They just act like it's all normal politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.