• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
GOP are scathing at Romney because it forces them to face their own delusional reality they've built around Trump. Without 100% undying loyalty to him and their belief that Trump is beyond reproach, they are faced with the true reality in which they are stanning and covering-up for a straight up criminal. It's easier when that delusion isn't disrupted by pesky truth tellers.

It's kinda like when a racist lashes out because they were called racist.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
Who would win in this hypothetical four way race of 70 year old men:
Donald Trump
Mitt Romney
Joe Biden
Bernie Sander

Today?

I think Mitt probably. He'd get the disaffected republican vote back, which would bring the suburbs in line with him. Trump would have his base, Sanders would have his base. I think Biden would be a distant 4th

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting SOTU followed by acquittal day to be a bummer, but between RIPGATE sucking up all the air from last night and Romney eating impeachment news, it's been a relatively painless experience.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Susan: I hope the guy that has been committing crimes his entire life has learned his lesson after I dont hold him accountable. 🥴

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
It is amazing how the GOP is treating their last presidential candidate before Trump. A few years ago he was their top guy to run the country, now he is the bad guy? If you would go back in time and tell someone a fucking moron reality TV show host, womanizer, accused rapist, mobster, money launderer, and Russian asset was the GOP's golden god and Mitt Romney was dogmeat to them you would be laughed at. We are truly living in an Onion article, and it just shows how far down into the cesspool the Republicans have fallen.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You reap what you sow.

161129212927-trump-romney-super-tease.jpg
It's amazing how this is the perfect visual representation of the metaphor "making a deal with the devil". There will never be a picture as perfect as this one.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Another hilarious side effect is Romney has preemptively destroyed the "TOTALLY EXONERATED" tour. Now it's all going to be about Romney, not Trump being "acquitted". He won't even get that news cycle.

Oct 26, 2017
Romney is voting to convict 🤣 The Chosen One

I had a feeling this was going to happen, but I'm still stunned.

In a normal world, Lamar Alexander, Murkowski, and Collins would be voting to convict along with him. But they twisted themselves in knots to defy reality and even their own logic in order to avoid excommunication from Trump World. So I was ready for Romney to play the same game of Twister even if it defied his own logic.

But I'm glad Mittens actually came through and reminded us we're not all crazy for thinking Abuse of Power from a President is unacceptable and deserving of removal. Also props to him for knowing the vicious incoming he's going to receive from Trump World but still standing by his principles with the eye on history while every other Republican in Congress (House & Senate) can't see beyond their own reelection or lobbying career.

And as a side benefit, Mittens probably just insured Collins doesn't get reelected.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Romney is not turning independent and even if he did he would functionally still be a Republican. Changing the party label doesn't mean he'll join Dems on healthcare legislation or judges.
I mean, I might be completely misrembering the 2012 election, but didn't a large amount of it boil down to comparison's between Obamacare and Romney's health insurance plan he enacted while Governor of Massachusetts (Romneycare)? He would never go for single payer, but hardly anyone is arguing for that. Yes, he would be significantly more conservative than basically any Democrat (and he'd definitely prefer a Scalia to an RBG), but I could see him hopping on that train for healthcare, depending on how it ultimately gets structured. Kind of a meaningless thought exercise regardless because he's not going to stop calling himself a Republican barring complete excommunication on behalf of party officials and I don't see them taking that drastic a step.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It is amazing how the GOP is treating their last presidential candidate before Trump. A few years ago he was their top guy to run the country, now he is the bad guy? If you would go back in time and tell someone a fucking moron reality TV show host, womanizer, accused rapist, mobster, money launderer, and Russian asset was the GOP's golden god and Mitt Romney was dogmeat to them you would be laughed at. We are truly living in an Onion article, and it just shows how far down into the cesspool the Republicans have fallen.
Yup, the Onion knew.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

You know it's funny because this can easily describe a ton of posters here regarding Clinton/Obama lol

Status
Not open for further replies.