• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Even just yesterday media was confusing obstruction of justice with the actual article here of obstruction of Congress. While they can get by an acquittal of that in slippery fashion, obstruction of federal and state investigations is still in play once he leaves office.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Mitt is positioning himself to be a leader in the next conservative party after the Republican party collapses.
I just don't see that working out for him. The Republican Party has chased out its moderates and liberals in the last decades. If you could skip the primaries you could rebuild the party, but there's no way someone like him wouldn't be destroyed in said primaries.

The only moderate Republicans left are basically in statehouses.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Member of the resistance? LMFAO MAGA losers acting like villains from a Star Wars movie.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

pbyrtu4hezbz.png

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Now the narrative is Republicans have always hated Romney just like they always hated McCain

🤠

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
They can't stand even the slightest hint of resistance. Submission must be absolute or they crumble into sobbing lumps.
You can't have dissent. Because if one person is allowed to dissent for one extreme thing, others have to be allowed to dissent for other extreme things leading to an avalanche. It has to be wholly unified considering the extremities to which Trump exposed the party to.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Mitt is positioning himself to be a leader in the next conservative party after the Republican party collapses.

That's got to be it. He's banking on the post-Trump days and having a record of sanity/decency during this time to point back to. It's... not a bad plan. I don't know if the Republicans can un-ring that bell, though.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You can't have dissent. Because if one person is allowed to dissent for one extreme thing, others have to be allowed to dissent for other extreme things leading to an avalanche. It has to be wholly unified considering the extremities to which Trump exposed the party to.
Pretty much. They can't be shown to have cracks in the armor.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This is so great honestly lmao, I can't believe it. The fellating that Romney is gonna get is annoying but what a way to ruin Trump's big day and completely twist the narrative.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Absolutely. The market has artificially decided to prop itself up for as long as it can under Trump and it will absolutely deliberately shit itself under Sanders. (This is not a reason not to elect Sanders.)
I think the market and the economy shits itself after the election regardless of who is in there including Trump. You can only kick the can down the road for so long.

Utah doesn't like Trump, Romney should be commended, but he has significant anti-Trump support within his state.
Salt lake is very liberal, but rural Utah really loves Trump. (they didn't so much in 2016 but that has changed)

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried to cotact Romney to thank him, voicemail box full and the website is down... must be catching a shit ton of flack.

Status
Not open for further replies.