• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Trump had to trot out Rush fucking Limbaugh make a statement, yet a simple tear is all Pelosi had to do to ensure the MAGAts promptly forgot every word of rubbish they'd just heard.

I'm sure Stephen Miller is crying in a corner somewhere, so that's enough for me tonight.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
God I can't wait when Pete's support collapses. Get this kid off the national spotlight. He has no fucking experience and awful policy.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
So the path I can see, and I'm not saying it's likely or whatever:

Wins Iowa, and hits that HARD on the stump in NH. Make it so he is the clear alternative to Bernie. There were reports today of voters saying they support Biden, but they would go to Pete or Amy if they thought they could win. So, he should hit "I actually won a state" pretty hard. If, somehow, Pete hits viability in NH and locks out Biden and Warren (and by extension everyone else), he could make the case he's now gone 1 and 2 in the first two contests.

NV...I have no idea what you do there, because I have no idea what's going on with Biden's support.

But, then, in SC, you could TRY to be the only other viable candidate alongside Biden. You're not going to overtake Biden, but if you can make it so the only people getting delegates are Pete and Biden and not Bernie...or even Bernie coming in 3rd, you could then try to position yourself as both the alternative to Biden and a consensus candidate.

I don't think it works, but it's a possible strategy.

He'd want to keep Warren in though no? Since her support is likely to flow to Sanders?

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017

"@ewarren is cancelling a flight in Nevada and South Carolina from 2/17-2/23. So far she's cancelled over $350k"

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Nate's saying that Pete's lead has narrowed.

His chances of winning have increased though.

Buttigieg now at 81% to win the most SDEs, according to our live forecasting model, even though his lead narrowed with 71% of precincts now reporting

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Y'all said Bernie could never win the nomination with his current black support but Pete "has a path" when he performs even worse with that demographic? He has no path.
So, I've actually been thinking about this all evening (because I'm old, have a million kids and literally can only escape the insanity that is my life by going in my own head). I don't think Bernie has a black voter problem. I think Bernie has a really, really, really big old person problem. Like, it's really, really bad. As DOA as Biden is with youth, Bernie is DOA with older voters. We have actual evidence of that now based on the Iowa results, second alignments and the entrance poll. If I had to venture a guess, I would be Bernie's current African American support is clustered in that lower age bracket by a whole bunch. Just like his white support. I think the reason he does so well with Latino voters is that it's a young voting cohort. So, I think Bernie's bigger issue is...unless he fixes his olds problem, he's not going to fix his poor African American support. I think these things are linked way too much to fix one without the other.

Now, Pete has very little African American support, BUT he has no problems with the olds. In fact, of all the candidates, his support is the most equal across age groups. He did 2nd best with young voters yesterday. He did 2nd best with old voters yesterday. So, I think Pete's support problem is literally just getting older African Americans to support him. The issue is, I don't know that he has enough time to do that. He'd need to be doing what he did in Iowa for months in the south and he hasn't. That's the issue with being a nobody.

So, I guess the question becomes which is the easier issue to fix....a problem with just older African American voters or a problem with ALL old voters at large? I think it's an uphill climb for Pete. I don't think he can do it, but IF he could, at least get that support up to 14 or so percent, while Bernie stays in the same vein...it might get him a few delegates he wouldn't get otherwise.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Napkin math would put us now at 180k for the total vote, which is 10k over 2016. We'll see, but that number has gone up as more has come in. It looked like 174k with 62% reporting.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
So, I've actually been thinking about this all evening (because I'm old, have a million kids and literally can only escape the insanity that is my life by going in my own head). I don't think Bernie has a black voter problem. I think Bernie has a really, really, really big old person problem. Like, it's really, really bad. As DOA as Biden is with youth, Bernie is DOA with older voters. We have actual evidence of that now based on the Iowa results, second alignments and the entrance poll. If I had to venture a guess, I would be Bernie's current African American support is clustered in that lower age bracket by a whole bunch. Just like his white support. I think the reason he does so well with Latino voters is that it's a young voting cohort. So, I think Bernie's bigger issue is...unless he fixes his olds problem, he's not going to fix his poor African American support. I think these things are linked way too much to fix one without the other.

Now, Pete has very little African American support, BUT he has no problems with the olds. In fact, of all the candidates, his support is the most equal across age groups. He did 2nd best with young voters yesterday. He did 2nd best with old voters yesterday. So, I think Pete's support problem is literally just getting older African Americans to support him. The issue is, I don't know that he has enough time to do that. He'd need to be doing what he did in Iowa for months in the south and he hasn't. That's the issue with being a nobody.

So, I guess the question becomes which is the easier issue to fix....a problem with just older African American voters or a problem with ALL old voters at large? I think it's an uphill climb for Pete. I don't think he can do it, but IF he could, at least get that support up to 14 or so percent, while Bernie stays in the same vein...it might get him a few delegates he wouldn't get otherwise.
I don't see older African Americans ever swinging to Pete's camp but I will agree that Bernie's performance among older voters is extremely concerning.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Biden down to zero (0) delegates on NYT.

k5adFAM.jpg
That doesn't really make sense though, he's at 15% statewide that's something at least (plus, there's 41 delegates and only 24 are allocated here).

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA

But what will the olds support be for booty when they find out about the gay?

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Insensitive Commentary Around Race
I don't see older African Americans ever swinging to Pete's camp but I will agree that Bernie's performance among older voters is extremely concerning.
Oh, I agree it's very unlikely. It's just the only argument they could possibly make that it would work. It's like me suddenly being straight though. Very unlikely for a ton of reasons.
But what will the olds support be for booty when they find out about the gay?
That's the thing, right. Older black voters are going to have more issues about the gay than some of the older white voters. That's a product of older black voters being very, very concentrated in the south, being more religious than their white Dem counter parts, etc. Pete, though actually talks about religion in a way that I think would appeal to a lot of older black voters. He is very good at talking about his faith. The problem is....the gay and also he doesn't have time to do the work he needs to. Like Bernie found out in 2016, you can't build these relationships in a handful of weeks.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't really make sense though, he's at 15% statewide that's something at least (plus, there's 41 delegates and only 24 are allocated here).
Those numbers are only what the AP has officially allocated.

It'll probably end up

13 Pete
13 Bernie
10 Warren
4 Biden
1 Klob

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017

Pete's issue is harder to fix. 0% support is nuts and tell me its essentially impossible for him to fix that problem. Given his history as well I just don't see any options to make inroads with the aa community. Short of an Obama endorsement he's cooked. His history takes years to fix.

On sanders I have no clue. One thing I think hurts him a great deal is messaging. Particularly the framing of revolution. Gut feeling is that kind of messaging hurts him but I don't think I've ever seen a poll on it.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Going to guess turnout will be up over 2016 based on what's out. By how much, could be a little, could be a nice 10-20k boost.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
if Biden totally goes into free fall, I have no idea where that support goes. Honestly, Bloomberg? Amy? Maybe Pete? It's very concerning.

Also, I hope people have a better appreciation for Hillary after this shit. It's VERY hard to start a primary as the front runner, hold on to it, and keep your coalition and then win. Say what you will, but she did that in 2016.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Clicked on a trending topic and was greeted by cj pearson tweeting his respect for rush Limbaugh. What a stupid world we live in.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Pete's issue is harder to fix. 0% support is nuts and tell me its essentially impossible for him to fix that problem. Given his history as well I just don't see any options to make inroads with the aa community. Short of an Obama endorsement he's cooked. His history takes years to fix.

On sanders I have no clue. One thing I think hurts him a great deal is messaging. Particularly the framing of revolution. Gut feeling is that kind of messaging hurts him but I don't think I've ever seen a poll on it.
I believe, and I may be wrong on this so feel free to correct the record, but I think he's improved his support to like 1-2%. It's still abysmal but it's better than 0%.

Bernie continually shows up as Biden voters' second choice.
I mean, people say a lot of things. If we look at last nights results, and again it's one state, Biden people did not go to Bernie. In fact, almost no one went to Bernie on the 2nd round compared to everyone else. (He gained some and maintained the lead, but Pete and Warren were the big beneficiaries of 2nd choice.) So, I am not sold on Biden supporters going to Bernie.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
if Biden totally goes into free fall, I have no idea where that support goes. Honestly, Bloomberg? Amy? Maybe Pete? It's very concerning.

Also, I hope people have a better appreciation for Hillary after this shit. It's VERY hard to start a primary as the front runner, hold on to it, and keep your coalition and then win. Say what you will, but she did that in 2016.

She was a far more disciplined candidate than Biden, that's for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying to drive to Reno and volunteer for the NV caucus but these are the volunteer options:
Precinct Captain: Manages the other volunteers, brings materials to the caucus, reports the results back to the campaign. Need one in every precinct.

Ambassador: talks with supporters of other candidates, and makes the case for why your candidate is best. Need one in most precincts

Whip: Makes sure our people stick together during the caucus, and that no one leaves early. Need one in many precincts.

Observer: Makes sure the caucus rules are being followed, and reports any issues back to our campaign. Need one in some precincts.

Are these really the only jobs you can do at a caucus? Every option sounds terrible.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
She was a far more disciplined candidate than Biden, that's for sure.
It's just me thing that pisses me off. Warren, Amy, Hillary all work harder than Biden, but the fucker just sits at the top of the poll.
One thing I give Bernie he campaigns the fuck out of it....as long as it's not in the south.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017

I honestly feel his support would move to Bloomberg

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If I hear one damn person in here say that what Pelosi did was a "bad look" I'm going to lose my shit.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
So I'm trying to drive to Reno and volunteer for the NV caucus but these are the volunteer options:

Are these really the only jobs you can do at a caucus? Every option sounds terrible.

Maybe you could develop an app to report results? They're hiring, and desperate.

I actually want to see if minority turnout is up this year vs 2016. That's something hard to determine from lily-white Iowa (at least with the data we have now). I don't remember if it was an issue in the primaries last time, but it's why I'm thinking Super Tuesday is a better time to take stock of turnout.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Black voters lining up behind BLOOMBERG after Black twitter claimed they're some hyperwoke demographic who rejected Pete for his POLICY will be such a cackle. My people, their confusion.

xp2ArwN.gif

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Black voters lining up behind BLOOMBERG after Black twitter claimed they're some hyperwoke demographic who rejected Pete for his POLICY will be such a cackle. My people, their confusion.

xp2ArwN.gif

It's the Henry Louis Gates endorsement, is what it is. *edit: there was a NYT article on the beer summit in which Gates basically came out and said Bloomberg is the only person who can beat Trump and that Bloombito could get past stop-and-frisk. It was a little odd I thought.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
It's just me thing that pisses me off. Warren, Amy, Hillary all work harder than Biden, but the fucker just sits at the top of the poll.
One thing I give Bernie he campaigns the fuck out of it....as long as it's not in the south.

Yeah agreed. It particularly annoyed me on the debate stage how much of a curve he was graded on.

Oct 28, 2017
The single thing that helps Biden is our memories of him being Diamond Joe. Obama has been the single best thing to his legacy.

Unfortunately without Obama and not being VP anymore means we can see just how cooked he is. He's just too damn old and how he behaves just confirms that.

I still don't see how he wins the nomination. He's just too insipid between his belief that Republicans are still possibly good faith actors and just behaving like my grandfather. The longer the primary goes on for, the worse it's going to be. Like I said, not acknowledging how broken American society is right now is a death knell to any campaign.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.