• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
van jones is proof that working for CNN severely rots your brain. not as bad as Fox brain rot, but still.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

House Sergeant-at-arms tried 2 keep the soldier whose return home was a surprise tonight from entering the gallery, saying door couldn't be opened bc of security concerns, per 2 ppl briefed- they said WH suggested First Lady would open it herself if needed

And people thought the Sergeant-at-arms would arrest people for inherent contempt. Can't even keep the damn door closed

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Pete might have been great as DNC chair. Certainly better than Perez.
2017, 18, and 19 were all good election years though?

When debates start out over two nights because there are so many people running that means unless you are in the top 5 it's really hard to find your footing when campaigning, let alone get enough people to start giving a shit about your candidacy.
I don't know what the debates being split up over two nights has to do with not being to find their footing on their messaging. Beto came into the race with more of a national profile than most of the candidates, flopped on building a campaign, sucked in most of the debates, and unsurprisingly did not catch on in the polls. What about that has to do with two-night debates? Those are all his own faults. Pete came into the race as a nobody, built a strong campaign, performed well in the polls, and now won the Iowa caucuses.

Booker and Kamala were in the race for nearly a year, Beto about 6-7 months. If you can't articulate a core reason for running for president by then then I really don't think that can be blamed on the debate format or size of the field. Hopefully they internalize the lessons from this campaign and take another crack at it someday.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Nancy's finale and her tweet with the handshake is all I need to see of the SOTU. Typically I would skim a transcript of it, but why bother when it's full of lies?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Ken Dilanian @KenDilanianNBC
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1224884713187414022
While the nation's top generals sit with their arms folded, CIA Director Gina Haspel is standing and applauding the president who once said he believed Vladimir Putin over his intelligence agencies, and whose allies seek to expose a CIA whistleblower.

9:37 PM - Feb 4, 2020

Ken Dilanian @KenDilanianNBC

Former ops officer and Republican says: "She's applauding like a trained aquarium seal at every line, just like a member of the House GOP caucus, even on domestic stuff. I could be wrong but I don't recall directors attending in the past. Maybe Tenet after 9/11? Holy crow." https://twitter.com/kendilaniannbc/status/1224884713187414022 …

9:40 PM - Feb 4, 2020

The move comes just days after current and former staffers asserted that the pair helped foster a toxic work environment. A group of senior women staffers recently wrote an unsigned letter complaining of being "bullied and intimidated" by Alonso — something they said Gilbert did nothing to stop.

Reading the rest of the article seems like these two were terrible an need to stay the hell away from any position of power.

Also not surprised they came from New Jersey.

Oct 27, 2017
Honey, some of us aren't watching it, so... Do you really think a one-word post devoid of context adds anything or conveys an idea? Your posts don't transmit a live feed of all the TV you watch.

Oh, and a word about these types of comments about me recently, they haven't gone unnoticed. Sure, I bring into this thread things I see on cable news here and there, because I think they may be of interest to people. If they are not of interest to some because it comes from a cable news broadcast, that's fine, no big deal.

What I don't post are all the times I am not watching or turn it off or I am doing something else, because that would be too many posts and that shit is hardly of interest to anyone. I post just a bit of criticism of cable news when I think it's notable, because their weaknesses and turnoffs are legion and well-known here, so generally posting such obvious things would be a waste of people's time. As is how much TV people think I watch, because who really gives a shit about that?

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Pete doesn't have to overtake Bernie. He just needs to keep Amy and Warren out of the picture and be the clear Bernie alternative before Super Tuesday. He's reliant on Biden not figuring out wtf to do, but his path is clear.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and a word about these types of comments about me recently, they haven't gone unnoticed.
I hope they haven't. I wanted you to see them.

Sure, I bring into this thread things I see on cable news here and there, because I think they may be of interest to people. If they are not of interest to some because it comes from a cable news broadcast, that's fine, no big deal.
In the post I quoted, you gave exactly one word: "Yes." Not "Yes, I agree with..." or "Yes, I like..." or any description of anything happening. Just "yes." It read as your personal, internal reaction to something you saw, not as a discussion; it gave your interlocutors - all of us - no context to know what you meant or actually discuss it with you. It's not a matter of cable news drivel being "of interest" or not to us. It's a matter of not knowing what you're talking about half the time. Do you see the difference? Your post failed to address what I actually said.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Pete doesn't have to overtake Bernie. He just needs to keep Amy and Warren out of the picture and be the clear Bernie alternative before Super Tuesday. He's reliant on Biden not figuring out wtf to do, but his path is clear.
Bernie trounces Pete head to head.

I wonder if Biden taking money out of SC for Iowa/NH is gonna hurt him.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Being a Bernie alternative is still not good enough given his support with black voters. Won't be able to win enough states.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

How is he going to establish himself as the Bernie alternative for ST when the last contest before ST is South Carolina?

His path is not clear at all.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
I hope they haven't. I wanted you to see them.

In the post I quoted, you gave exactly one word: "Yes." Not "Yes, I agree with..." or "Yes, I like..." or any description of anything happening. Just "yes." It read as your personal, internal reaction to something you saw, not as a discussion; it gave your interlocutors - all of us - no context to know what you meant or actually discuss it with you. It's not a matter of cable news drivel being "of interest" or not to us. It's a matter of not knowing what your're talking about half the time. Do you see the difference? Your post failed to address what I actually said.
I had to go into the SOTU thread to figure it out lol

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
How is he going to establish himself as the Bernie alternative for ST when the last contest before ST is South Carolina?

His path is not clear at all.
So the path I can see, and I'm not saying it's likely or whatever:

Wins Iowa, and hits that HARD on the stump in NH. Make it so he is the clear alternative to Bernie. There were reports today of voters saying they support Biden, but they would go to Pete or Amy if they thought they could win. So, he should hit "I actually won a state" pretty hard. If, somehow, Pete hits viability in NH and locks out Biden and Warren (and by extension everyone else), he could make the case he's now gone 1 and 2 in the first two contests.

NV...I have no idea what you do there, because I have no idea what's going on with Biden's support.

But, then, in SC, you could TRY to be the only other viable candidate alongside Biden. You're not going to overtake Biden, but if you can make it so the only people getting delegates are Pete and Biden and not Bernie...or even Bernie coming in 3rd, you could then try to position yourself as both the alternative to Biden and a consensus candidate.

I don't think it works, but it's a possible strategy.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Y'all said Bernie could never win the nomination with his current black support but Pete "has a path" when he performs even worse with that demographic? He has no path.

Status
Not open for further replies.