• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Warren has no incentive to drop out after Super Tuesday because 1) She has no love lost with Sanders and it'd be handing him votes, and 2) she has a strong case to make at a brokered convention.
I think while the man himself is vile and stupid, his campaign team knows exactly where to target voters. They only won by 150,000 votes in 2016.
shit if they convincejust 1-2 percent of voting Black people, that's another 150,000votes
Thankfully there are also a bunch that just outright didn't vote that we can try to reach out to. You're right, though... the election basically came down to lower black turnout in Milwaukee, Detroit, and Philadelphia. This is probably the biggest reason I don't mind Biden as the nominee. He's by far the most likely to get these people out.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Re: Bloomberg, if he actually wins the nomination it'll be amazing that we had 2 billionaires in the primary (just one is inherently bad) and we somehow picked the much worse option.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, giving that hateful son of a bitch the medal in the middle of the speech. I am just incensed.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kasie Hunt @kasie

Sen. Sinema, D-Ariz., stands and applauds when the president talks about "heroic ICE officers"

9:59 PM - Feb 4, 2020

Robert Costa @costareports

President Trump, shortly before 10 p.m., turns to a hard-line msg on immigration. Dems groan as he speaks of "sanctuary cities" & casts them as enablers of "illegal aliens." After the econ passages and other claims, now it's back to the themes of S. Miller-Trump speeches of old.​

10:02 PM - Feb 4, 2020

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Kasie Hunt @kasie

Sen. Sinema, D-Ariz., stands and applauds when the president talks about "heroic ICE officers"

9:59 PM - Feb 4, 2020

Robert Costa @costareports

President Trump, shortly before 10 p.m., turns to a hard-line msg on immigration. Dems groan as he speaks of "sanctuary cities" & casts them as enablers of "illegal aliens." After the econ passages and other claims, now it's back to the themes of S. Miller-Trump speeches of old.

10:02 PM - Feb 4, 2020

🤢

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
I just looked up how rich Bloomberg was, and wow.

I knew he was a billionaire but god damn he's loaded.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
That should be a visit to ActBlue for everyone instead of going "OMG I cant believe it!"

It's what he does. Stunts, crimes, and atrocities. So give to show humanity's good side.

Kasie Hunt @kasie

Juan Guaido, Venezuelan opposition leader, gets standing ovation from the entire chamber

9:28 PM - Feb 4, 2020

That guy...worries me. Not like he's crooked, but desperate and willing to be used.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
EPtV5HiXkAAz5Ej

You're on a roll today.

Oct 26, 2017
IAnd we all fucked it up for Beto/Kamala

I can agree with this.

The way Twitter-verse and then the media went guns blazing on Kamala was extremely short-sighted. Yeah her campaign had problems but some of those problems were amplified by Politico, NYT, and WaPo reporters constantly digging for dirt. The media will be the media, so whatever. But the establishment & moderates just let Left-Twitter devour Harris. There was no one out there defending her as Twitter, which often feeds the media narrative, tore into her in the late summer. That was definitely short-sighted because now moderates are crying that they don't have any good alternatives and now pinning their hopes on a white male billionaire jumping in at the last minute with zero grassroots. The exact opposite of what the Democratic party is trying to be.

I think Beto would have been a little more of a wild card because he has a penchant for speaking from his heart and raw emotion, which can sometimes get him in hot water. But similar to Kamala, he's one of the few very candidates who could pull the two wings of the party together. Beto has some very progressive policies, but on the whole most of his policies were more center-left. He wasn't trying to start a full revolution, but also felt wholesale incrementalism wasn't enough either.

I think both Beto and Kamala are where the majority of the party is. Left-Center-Left. Unfortunately in a primary, it seems you have to pick a lane. Either the progressive lane, to fire up the activist. Or the moderate lane to get the establishment / donor class to fill up the coffers. Kamala probably should have moved more decisively to the moderate lane and Beto should have moved to the progressive lane early before Warren beat him to it in the early summer. Beto still would have been to the right of Sanders and Harris would have been to the left of Biden/Klob/[insert white moderate].

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Manu Raju @mkraju

Protestor ejected for yelling something during Trump comments on protecting Second Amendment. We couldn't hear what he said from gallery. And from our vantage point, it was impossible to tell who he was.

10:12 PM - Feb 4, 2020

Matt Fuller @MEPFuller

A man shouts from the gallery about "victims of gun violence like my daughter."

He shouted it while Republicans were applauding, so most people didn't really hear it, but Capitol Police have removed the man from the chamber.

10:09 PM - Feb 4, 2020

Edit:

Kasie Hunt @kasie

UPDATE - this was Fred Guttenberg, the father of Jaime Guttenberg, who was killed in the Parkland shooting https://twitter.com/kasie/status/1224892835939475456 …

10:16 PM - Feb 4, 2020

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
ignore the SOTU

Also as much as I can't stand Carville, he's right about Tom Perez. Dude needs to go.

and I have to agree that the field is a clown car. Biden looks to be a dud, everyone else doesn't seem viable. Warren isn't anywhere close to being as electable as I thought. She's a horrible campaigner even if I like her as a person. Booker and Beto should be frontrunners right now.

I would not underestimate Bloomberg. Lots of low info dem leaning voters I've been talking to in western PA are intrigued by him.

frankly if the field sucks and Bloomberg is how we beat Trump then we hold our noses if necessary and vote for Bloomberg. We do not have the luxury of taking a risk with your most ideal candidate. Fuck that shit. I don't want another 4 years of a raging lunatic fascist thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.