• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Literally what about Bloomberg makes you think he can win senate seats besides his wallet

He's moderate and will attract voters in key states with Senate seats up. People are more likely to vote for a Dem downballot if they choose one at the top of the ticket. He also—despite some serious policy errors—has weirdly high support among black voters which all adds to potential wins in GA and NC which makes taking the Senate multitudes easier. A coworker of mine who has family in NYC (and is black) supports him, saying that despite the hatred of stop and frisk, apparently he aggressively balanced the budget of NYC and improved the quality of schools in communities of color in a noticeable way. Not sure how accurate these claims are but it seems as though his appeal is not as lacking as a lot of people think.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
I think you are misinterpreting my post.

Yes he stands for something.

But his campaign has been run poorly. Just look at the fundraising numbers. No one is excited about him.
Agree on that. You can see that enthusiasm gap in the first/second pick charts for sure. He's not a caucus darling candidate.

Oct 27, 2017
Our population doubles or triples in the summer/fall from Mass tourist who trash the place. As such, we hate them. Universally. Whereas we consider Vermont our upside down twin, just a little kooky. So, inherent bias.

That shit is libelous. We all know Maine is.

Nah, Maine is New Mexico with more poutine
--Poor
--Rural
--Filled with natives that don't speak English

I love both those states, tbh

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I wonder how long the newspaper sites can keep the caucus results on the front page while getting absolutely no updates.

Oct 25, 2017
We need some polling of Super Tuesday. I'm curious if Bloomberg is denting these Biden leads in the South. which would just be a disaster for them.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just realized that I have become a Single Issue voter. That issue being, "Who can deliver the most Senate seats"?

... I hate being politically active. Why can't I just be a normal idiot who doesn't care about policy and political reality.

Oct 28, 2017
What is Biden even offering seriously, I don't see him lasting even in the South.

The problem with Biden, and a lot of other candidates, is that they're pretending that society, economy and politics are more or less OK when it's been clear for a while that it is not totally OK.

To Trump's credit, he's identified that things are not totally OK. Hence shit like the trade war and heavy handed anti-immigration policies. The solutions are totally not helpful but that doesn't really matter, he's proposing something to tackle things people see as a problem. No one else is offering anything better so...

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

EP-B_J0WkAEy9lI

Change Research > Selzer

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Collins getting shit on by trump is just perfect. She's so terrible.

also, judges shouldn't be at the stage of the union. They're supposed to be apolitical.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I drove past a Bloomberg campaign office on the way home from the store tonight. I don't think I've ever seen a Presidential candidate waste their money on a Boise office before.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloomberg is at 6% in SC lmao. He probably coukdve competed up to ~15% if he spent the same money.
Don't tempt fate; apparently the man is ramping up his campaign with more staffers and money. He smells blood. I wouldn't be surprised if, with all the talk about him on the Media circuit, he throws some cash that way. Be interesting to see if his poll numbers improve due to the positive media coverage he's getting.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
if Change is suddenly a good pollster then Biden in SC ain't looking so great lmao.
I had to look this up and god damn this would be a bad look for Biden.

Joe Biden leads the Democratic primary with 25%, followed by Bernie Sanders (20%), Tom Steyer (18%), and Elizabeth Warren (11%).

Sanders leads among voters 18-34, Steyer leads among voters 35-49, and Biden leads among voters 50 years and older.

Biden (30%) and Steyer (24%) leads among black voters, and Sanders (27%) and Biden (17%) lead among white voters.

This is yet another shit show waiting to happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't tempt fate; apparently the man is ramping up his campaign with more staffers and money. He smells blood. I wouldn't be surprised if, with all the talk about him on the Media circuit, he throws some cash that way. Be interesting to see if his poll numbers improve due to the positive media coverage he's getting.
It's starting to feel like Biden's campaign is on its last legs. Not even Hillary dared to run such a feeble campaign and she had even bigger polling numbers.

Bloomberg creates so much uncertainty in the South that Biden probably won't even rack up delegates against Bernie.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
MD-07 primary 107 out of 313 precincts, 34% in
Kwisi Mfume - 9,221, 46.4%
Mary Cummings - 3,355, 16.9%
Jill Carter - 2,984, 15%
Terri Hill - 1,003, 5.1%

Wow: With 34% of precincts reporting, the #MD07 D primary is still Mfume 46%, Rockeymoore Cummings 17%. Looks like Cummings's widow will lose, and resoundingly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.