• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The field is fine. The colossal divide in what different factions of the party want is a massive worry.

Too scared of the further left candidates, not "enthused" enough by the centrists. Meanwhile, this maniac in the WH just has to be as racist and terrible as possible and has 95%+ of his party's undying loyalty.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Utter shit.

All the Dems needed to do to win was run a good-looking man under 55 with some charisma. I'd rather have Warren as POTUS than anyone, but if we just wanted to make sure that we'd win, like, is there no one who fits that bill?

Schiff is 59 and obviously a great communicator. I wish he was running. I still like Warren though even though she's up there in age.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, look at it this way, come the general when Trump wins, say goodbye to the climate, laws, courts, and minority and women's rights. Makes shitting on dems a lot more fun in the lead up.

Dec 31, 2017
Oh god if moderates coalesce around Pete we are doomed. He won't beat Trump, especially not with his dismal minority support.

Oct 25, 2017
Beto and Booker both fit that bill, but well....

I wouldn't consider Booker charismatic. That dude is corny.

Beto's got weird charisma, but he works, I guess. If we just had someone who was at least Bill-Clinton-in-1992 level cool.

(Or, as Linkura points out, if we just weren't sexist weirdos who love voting for charismatic dudes and get bored with anyone else, we could have had a great candidate.)

Beto would make me feel better if he were in position.

I made that too easy for you. :D

Oct 27, 2017
Booker and Beto both busted their campaigns on day one. Booker with not knowing what's in Trump's heart, signaling a fair-mindedness-above-all approach that doesn't appeal or excite. And Beto with his "born for this" and road-trip-to-randomness national introduction. I say this as someone who likes both and wishes both were able to be in the race for longer and attempt to really emerge.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Pete's numbers with minorities are dreadful and he loses in every single head-to-head poll vs. Trump.

People here are already freaking out over Bernie+4 in GE polls, but Pete actually loses consistently to Trump.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Many public polls back up the skeptics in Mr. Trump's orbit. According to a Washington Post/Ipsos poll released last month, for instance, more than 80 percent of black respondents said that they believed Mr. Trump was racist and that he had helped to make racism a bigger problem in the country. Nine out of 10 black Americans in the poll said they disapproved of Mr. Trump's job performance.
Mr. Trump himself was a motivating factor for turning out African-American Democrats in the 2018 midterm elections. Voter participation among black people in 2018 grew from the 2014 midterms, according to data from the Pew Research Center.
Despite those numbers and the skepticism from colleagues, Mr. Kushner has been advising Mr. Trump that black voters can be converted into supporters if they are simply educated on his policies. Mr. Trump's biggest challenge, Mr. Kushner has told people, is a "knowledge gap" on many of the president's accomplishments, particularly on the issue of criminal justice reform, which Mr. Kushner has spearheaded.
Mr. Kushner has hosted black leadership summits at the White House. And two of the lone African-American West Wing staff members, Scott Turner and Ja'Ron Smith, have been traveling to black communities to make a pitch for Mr. Trump.

Oct 25, 2017
This is hopefully the low point of the year. Dems in Disarray, Trump approvals at all time highs, Republican favorability better than Dems for the first time since 2005, Trump giving a teleprompter speech on how great the economy is while five white Democrats vie for the nomination.

It can only get better.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Pete's numbers with minorities are dreadful and he loses in every single head-to-head poll vs. Trump.

People here are already freaking out over Bernie+4 in GE polls, but Pete actually loses consistently to Trump.
Not only that, trumps support jumps up to the high 40s. Means that it would require that Pete pull support from trump. If it comes down to it I rather it be Sanders although I feel like a Sanders defeat would ruin leftist candidate chances for generations as American moves further to the right.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Pete would be the worst general election candidate possible.

He has zero appeal to young voters or minorities, the two demographics where turnout is critical.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people bedwetting over Pete considering Iowa was his best state and so far hasn't made any inroads into anyother state?
Yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, I don't see a Pete win as particularly likely. I mean, he'd literally have no chance if he didn't win Iowa, but it's not like his chances now are great.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Pete would be the worst general election candidate possible.

He has zero appeal to young voters or minorities, the two demographics where turnout is critical.
You do know he literally came in 2nd with young voters yesterday, right?
I can equally say Bernie has zero appeal to older voters, which turnout is far more critical than the youth.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Many public polls back up the skeptics in Mr. Trump's orbit. According to a Washington Post/Ipsos poll released last month, for instance, more than 80 percent of black respondents said that they believed Mr. Trump was racist and that he had helped to make racism a bigger problem in the country. Nine out of 10 black Americans in the poll said they disapproved of Mr. Trump's job performance.
Mr. Trump himself was a motivating factor for turning out African-American Democrats in the 2018 midterm elections. Voter participation among black people in 2018 grew from the 2014 midterms, according to data from the Pew Research Center.
Despite those numbers and the skepticism from colleagues, Mr. Kushner has been advising Mr. Trump that black voters can be converted into supporters if they are simply educated on his policies. Mr. Trump's biggest challenge, Mr. Kushner has told people, is a "knowledge gap" on many of the president's accomplishments, particularly on the issue of criminal justice reform, which Mr. Kushner has spearheaded.
Mr. Kushner has hosted black leadership summits at the White House. And two of the lone African-American West Wing staff members, Scott Turner and Ja'Ron Smith, have been traveling to black communities to make a pitch for Mr. Trump.

God Kushner is such a fucking idiot. Definition of failing upward.

Oct 25, 2017
This is hopefully the low point of the year. Dems in Disarray, Trump approvals at all time highs, Republican favorability better than Dems for the first time since 2005, Trump giving a teleprompter speech on how great the economy is while five white Democrats vie for the nomination.

It can only get better.

That's one Gallup poll, right? Or did two or three other polls come out and support that poll today that I missed?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

It can only get better.
Are you sure? If Trump wins again there goes the Supreme Court for a generation at least, and it's also very bad for climate change efforts, time we can't afford.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Beto was supposed to be the inspiring, exciting candidate for us, but then he let his true feelings on guns slip, and whoops, out he went.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the Biden collapse is real

much of it his own fault and it's too soon to Old Yeller him but nobody should be happy about this because it's also a direct consequence of Trump and the GOP hitjob - assisted and allowed by the ChiefJustice of the Supreme Court. Even if you think that's only cost Biden a couple of points (it is probably way more than that) it should be seen as a shocking attack on the constitution and a victory for the very thing Trump was impeached for.

like, nobody should be celebrating this. It's in some ways the most disturbing thing so far. And it's just getting started. Next time it'll be Buttigieg or Sanders or Warren. While we all bicker about ridiculous undemocratic caucus farces - the fix is being enacted right in our faces.

That's one Gallup poll, right? Or did two or three other polls come out and support that poll today that I missed?

Just the Gallup one from what I've seen, Trump approvals have gone up which is to be expected but no where near Gallup numbers and the same with the republican numbers.

Aaron has talked about Gallop already but considering it been brought up lets do it again.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
The field would have been better if Biden stayed the fuck out really.

No one in this field is a Hillary level clear the decks juggernaut. But they're big enough to basically make things messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.