• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
Other than the terrible stop and frisk stuff, what other controversy surrounds him? I'm not that familiar. Why would he be so scary?

He basically gave the entirety of NYC over to rich people and corporations through subsidies and tax breaks. He's basically a trickle down, socially liberal, gun-hating, moderate Republican.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's like last years SOTU where there was loads of hype leading up to it and then everyone forgot about it within like 2 days. Only the Pelosi clapping meme had any staying power.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone fighting to retain caucuses is an enemy of democracy. This shit is embarrassing.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Instead of not showing, they should all go to the SOTU, and scream in unison "YOU LIE", just like that one shithead did at Obama.
Only difference is that trump actually WILL lie.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017

this is worth taking into consideration

By the way they actually scored on a numerical system. Trump was also on there:

Screen-Shot-2020-02-03-at-3.24.39-PM.png

Seems about right for Trump.

So, I can't actually access the website that Essence sources. Can anyone else?

Oct 27, 2017
? Bloomberg has always been a Democrat. He was a Republican for about twelve minutes because it was easier to win their primary in 2001 (against another former Democrat, oddly enough)
While I didn't realize he was a Democrat before 2001, 18 years out of the party—and for his entire political career—is significant.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Burgess Everett @burgessev

Collins says Trump call with Zelensky was "improper and demonstrated poor judgement"

4:08 PM - Feb 4, 2020

Sen. Collins: "I do not believe the House has met its burden of showing that the president's conduct, however, flawed, warrants the extreme step of immediate removal from office"

4:10 PM - Feb 4, 2020

Frank Thorp V @frankthorp

NEW: @SenatorCollins says "I will vote to acquit on article 1"

She is discussing article 2 now.

AND @SenatorCollins says "I will vote to acquit on article 2"​

4:13 PM - Feb 4, 2020

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Collins pretty much pissed off both Dems for Brett/tax cuts/vote to acquit/concerned behavior and Trumpers with ACA vote/voting for witnesses so basically she pissed off everyone.

She might as well just give up her seat at this point.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Collins says Trump call with Zelensky was "improper and demonstrated poor judgement"

Sen. Collins: "I do not believe the House has met its burden of showing that the president's conduct, however, flawed, warrants the extreme step of immediate removal from office"

AND @SenatorCollins says "I will vote to acquit on article 2"

fine, lose

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand its valuation..
even if it ends up being the top US manufacturer, its overualued.

tech industry people who Fucking Love Science love teslas despite the comically bad build quality because it gives them both a status symbol and a feeling that they're really doing something to fight climate change without actually doing anything about climate change

Oct 25, 2017
looks like he flips the coin multiple times though.

I think he only flipped it once, it's just awkward as hell. To me it looks like he pulls it through his fingers and then does a flip, which I think is why it looks fiddly as hell.

Also, he's surrounded by people for other candidates, I would go by their judgement there in person.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I don't understand its valuation..
even if it ends up being the top US manufacturer, its overualued.
Short squeeze is probably a big factor. We've seen it before with plenty of other bubbles that go parabolic. Even the renowned Sir Isaac Newton lost his shirt in one such bubble. I don't know if it's true, but I saw one article mention Musk had pulled his own shares from being able to be borrowed by brokers, which limits the short supply, which limits price discovery. It wouldn't surprise me, he has always been vocal about them.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017

AND @SenatorCollins says "I will vote to acquit on article 2"

Na na na na

Na na na na

Hey Hey Hey

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017

Grace Segers @Grace_Segers

NEW: Susan Collins told @NorahODonnell she believes the president has learned a "pretty big lesson" from impeachment and will be "much more cautious" about seeking foreign assistance in the future.https://www.cbsnews.com/news/susan-collins-will-vote-to-acquit-trump-saying-hes-learned-from-impeachment/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab8a&linkId=81760957 …

4:16 PM - Feb 4, 2020

This would be as annoying as Democrats naivety over "working with Republicans" if it wasn't obvious that she's just straight up lying at this point.

Oct 25, 2017

NEW: Susan Collins told @NorahODonnell she believes the president has learned a "pretty big lesson" from impeachment and will be "much more cautious" about seeking foreign assistance in the future.https://www.cbsnews.com/news/susan-collins-will-vote-to-acquit-trump-saying-hes-learned-from-impeachment/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab8a&linkId=81760957 …

I asked Trump to not ask foreign governments for favors and he said Yes.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018

LMAO she stopped pretending at this point

her legacy will be fcking garbage

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL

Oh yes much more cautious.. Not that he wouldn't do it, but hey he will be more careful.

Simply Susan ladies and gents.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Yeah, a 73 year old man who has been rewarded for a life of crime is suddenly going to stop. Uh huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.