• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
In a news release on Tuesday, the Maine Republican Party said that move gave it "a major window" to attempt to repeal the law. It will likely have until July to submit more than 63,000 signatures from registered voters to get a question repealing the law on the November ballot.

If Republicans get it to the ballot, the law would be on hold for the 2020 election in which the state party is aiming to protect President Donald Trump as he is expected to push hard to win one elector from the conservative-leaning 2nd District for the second straight election.

Well that's fucked up on two counts

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
can't believe The Media is trying to ratfuck bernie by putting bernie supporters in this image
I don't know why I'm starting something, but is this a real post? Who should be in that picture? I don't think it implies that Bernie people are behind it. Also a website called Iowa Starting Line is "The Media"?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I'm starting something, but is this a real post? Who should be in that picture? I don't think it implies that Bernie people are behind it. Also a website called Iowa Starting Line is "The Media"?

i love that my post was indistinguishable from actual bernie twitter posts

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I don't get it, the Judge was a woman too and the rape and assault were as clear as empirical evidence can be
I think the argument was that there was not imminent danger to her. Or she was not reasonable in believing so. No one disputed that assault occurred, but the shooting was not during her assault but days later I believe.

Oct 27, 2017
How do people who don't stand for the incarcerated being able to vote, get a high grade on justice? The website is down so I can't check the results.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
In other voting news, here's something good:

Virginia state Senate Democrats have passed a bill to repeal the GOP's photo voter ID law & allow non-photo forms of ID such as a utility bill

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Who would be the bigger "hold your nose and vote" candidate for PoliEra, Biden or Bloomberg?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, surprised by these responses. Biden is almost universally disliked on this forum.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
Who would be the bigger "hold your nose and vote" candidate for PoliEra, Biden or Bloomberg?

Bloomberg is genuinely scary.

I know a lot of people are rightly making fun of the media for calling him the winner of last night, but I think there's a very good chance that a good amount of the electability minded voters started shifting to him very quickly

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Pete's shallow candidacy and rhetoric makes me wanna hurl but I have to say he comes in 3rd after sanders and warren if I had to rank the current options.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bloomberg for me.

Sets such a bad precedence for elections.

Do fuck all the entire year, then come in at the last minute with a large sum of money and blanket the airwaves. Basically "fuck you I got money" the candidate.

Billionaires already got so much damn power, they don't need to be POTUS on top of that.

And also his policies as NY mayor have been pretty awful as well on top of his opinions on China/Israel etc.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Bloomberg is genuinely scary.

I know a lot of people are rightly making fun of the media for calling him the winner of last night, but I think there's a very good chance that a good amount of the electability minded voters started shifting to him very quickly
Other than the terrible stop and frisk stuff, what other controversy surrounds him? I'm not that familiar. Why would he be so scary?

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I think Biden would be an ok President, and that he wouldn't be as left as we want, but he wouldn't be a disaster. We'd get some good Supreme Court justices out of the deal. I also firmly believe in my heart that there have to be people out there that can level credible sexual assault allegations at him, and it scares me that it isn't happening in the primary. I don't like Bloomberg, I can't imagine anyone getting fired up to knock doors for him, and I don't think he'd govern as liberally as any of us want. He'd be better than Trump, but I don't see the country moving left in any meaningful way under a Bloomberg Presidency.

At the end of the day, I'd rather vote for Biden. I think the country would be better on under a Biden Presidency, but I don't want to have to choose between an ass grabber and a pussy grabber.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I think Biden would be an okay president, way better than Bloomberg.

gonna delete this if my application gets accepted, I need that free MacBook

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Blooomberg is doubling(!) his ad buys after the disaster in the heartland. At this point you have to ask yourself if he's more or less running a shadow national Democratic operation as much as he is running a campaign, which lets him fight back against bernie's loser brigade in a way that the DNC can't.

I feel like we moved on from Pierre Delecto too quickly.

It's the best online character name ever, I have three PierreDelecto chars in my Path of Exile account now.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Blooomberg is doubling(!) his ad buys after the disaster in the heartland. At this point you have to ask yourself if he's more or less running a shadow national Democratic operation as much as he is running a campaign, which lets him fight back against bernie's loser brigade in a way that the DNC can't.
I think he's realizing that ads can get his message across and keep him in the running long enough to start picking up slack from those who drop out and ensure he's in the top handful of candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.