• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, remember Reverend Wright? How the hell did President Obama survive that? Might go down as the best political maneuvering of all time.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, remember Reverend Wright? How the hell did President Obama survive that? Might go down as the best political maneuvering of all time.

I remember seeing how the media were stroking themselves into a frenzy when that happened. Obama had to nip it in the bud more than once just fr them to stop talking about it.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Biden losing NH isn't a big deal (Sanders is generally leading comfortably), he just needs to not lose badly and get better than 3rd place.

Right now the eyes are on Nevada and if Bernie picks that up to in 3 straight wins... that's a narrative that we can start talking about. Then when it comes to SC, Bernie just has to be viable and not lose hard against Biden which then makes things interesting. Not to mention Bloomberg and Steyer playing spoilers in SC and then Bloomberg on Tuesday.

Basically it's not an easy path to the nomination for Biden if he loses Nevada.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

pKR0nkp.jpg
Good and I hope there isn't a screwup here

Really disappointing, and maybe not entirely surprising, to see Omar spreading conspiracy theory shit about Iowa on Twitter too.
Seriously, she's RTing Walker Bragman for fuck sakes

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Biden losing NH isn't a big deal (Sanders is generally leading comfortably), he just needs to not lose badly and get better than 3rd place.

Right now the eyes are on Nevada and if Bernie picks that up to in 3 straight wins... that's a narrative that we can start talking about. Then when it comes to SC, Bernie just has to be viable and not lose hard against Biden which then makes things interesting. Not to mention Bloomberg and Steyer playing spoilers in SC and then Bloomberg on Tuesday.

Basically it's not an easy path to the nomination for Biden if he loses Nevada.
Is Bloomberg even on the ballot in SC?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The 50% results are going to be very similar to Bernie's numbers because that's about what he posted as well so I expect Bernie to be on top in that and then Buttiegeg close behind followed by Warren.

LOL @ Biden filing an injunction though.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
My fantasy right now is that enough Republican Senators will go against what they have said and surprisingly vote to remove trump from office tomorrow - they've just kept it close to their vest so as to not antagonize Mitch and the rest of the GOP....
And since I'm dreaming, I'd like a couple hundred million dollars, which would be enough to live off the interest.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On an unrelated note, Bloomberg seems to be a catalyst for my Trump supporting father to realize that maybe Trump really isn't as rich as he claims. Talking to my Dad during the super bowl, he pointed out that Bloomberg is trying to buy his way into the race, spending $200 million so far. I brought up all the things he's buying for his staff (iPhone 11pros, catering, etc), because he's a real billionaire. This is nothing to him. That seemed to outline a real contrast with Trump, when all the other evidence he's not as wealthy as he claims, has not done so.

He's more reluctant to admit he's a supporter as well.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Every candidate has liabilities. All of them. If you don't think people were concerned about Obama's electability in the run-up to 08, you must not have been there for it. Even obvious results carry a lot of uncertainty in the run-up.

Case in point: this place, right before the 2018 elections, a relatively easy forty-seat pickup. If any of us could have chosen the result, I'm sure a lot of us would have settled for worse.
People shouldn't take elections for granted and should be working hard to improve odds of winning. That's all that anyone should get out of it.

We do our best on mobilization, education and out reach to improve voter registration and turn out. If we lose then we lose but we should be doing everything in our power and act on the things we can control.

Every candidate has pitfalls but it's better that we focus on the strengths rather than always focusing on the weaknesses. We have a lot of qualified candidates, we just need to narrow down to a single one that we can all get behind and unite the party.

Fair enough. Point taken.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
On an unrelated note, Bloomberg seems to be a catalyst for my Trump supporting father to realize that maybe Trump really isn't as rich as he claims. Talking to my Dad during the super bowl, he pointed out that Bloomberg is trying to buy his way into the race, spending $200 million so far. I brought up all the things he's buying for his staff (iPhone 11pros, catering, etc), because he's a real billionaire. This is nothing to him. That seemed to outline a real contrast with Trump, when all the other evidence he's not as wealthy as he claims, has not done so.

He's more reluctant to admit he's a supporter as well.
really sad when the entire thing ultimately boils down to a dick size contest but between *billionaires

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Reporting half the results now seems worse than just waiting an extra day to report them ALL

Also way too much conspiracy theory bullshit from both sides of the aisle are being spread about this for my tastes.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
really sad when the entire thing ultimately boils down to a dick size contest but between *billionaires

It also shines light on the fact that the US is an oligarchy. It's a big reason why Bernie has such a rabid following. People are tired of rich, connected people falling upwards and screwing up everything (see the Iowa caucus for the latest example).

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Had a simple test for Bernie this time around. If Weaver had anything to do with his campaign I wouldn't vote for him. Can't take Sanders seriously when he has guys like Weaver in serious positions helping him.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
How weird that Pete and Biden are the ones trying to claim victory/cast doubt on the results when that Politico article alleged it would be the Sanders campaign creating chaos. I'm fully expecting people to criticize Biden for his lack of #unity now.

Oct 27, 2017
It's good to see Warren, Klob, and Yang relaxed. Getting to see them "live" on the campaign trail without winner/loser distractions is good for all of them. Steyer and Sanders spending time complaining rather than campaigning, pick it up guys and get to NH.

Weaver was bad yesterday in both spreading "backroom deal" conspiracies in interviews, and releasing incomplete and context-weak numbers. Both a disservice to Sanders. Sanders just called it a bad night for democracy, I think this hyperbole should be discouraged even though he did praise the people of Iowa.

Buttigieg's victory-style speech was just fine to deliver last night, but releasing their own incomplete and context-weak numbers and taking time insisting on victory today, just isn't the way. He will learn.

Biden - wtf? Sending letters from general counsel and filing injunctions is what Trump does. Come on.

Democrats and technology - continue to infuriate. You know how votebot gives you a receipt for your goty submission when it's processed? The app should have provided a receipt to these volunteers. Plus the lack of prepared contingency should cause voters to demand change. It was bad enough with the rollout of the ACA exchanges.

Volunteers in Iowa - people out there and headlines should stop shitting on them. Individual caucuses by and large went fine.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Having Weaver come out on camera and talk about their internal results is just a bad look. Absolutely no need for that. If the initial results are good for Bernie they could just hammer Pete for declaring victory. Now they just continue to muddy the waters. In terms of strategy it makes no sense, and wouldn't surprise me if this was Weavers idea. Smells like some dumb shit he would cook up.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
If they're going to only release 50% today, don't even fucking bother releasing. Release when you have the final numbers you fucksticks. Though it seems like it's so fucked we might never have accurate, true numbers, and if that's the case, wtf do they do?

Wait Booker made it back in? Lmaoo
Probably not, he MAY have gotten ONE precinct delegate but you need an actual state delegate to qualify.

I love this too much.

Great av potential.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing to me how in the past decade we've come from Obama's tech-savvy pioneering campaign to this. What the hell happened?

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are certainly trying

Idk why admitting it and demanding accountability is so hard

I mean, the positions are 1) Caucuses suck for democracy and should go away, and 2) This caucus sucks because an app delayed results that benefit our candidate, and 3) the DNC and a Zionist hedge fund guy manipulated the results for 24 hours to give a ratman vaguely okay press.

I don't see anyone actually defending this nonsense, lol.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
It's not as though there are millions of votes to count here. What could possibly be taking this damn long?

Oct 27, 2017
We likely never had "accurate" numbers from an Iowa caucus. There were Iowa caucus problems in elections past. It's not a new or sudden thing. Really. Accuracy and integrity confirmation of the process was never really challenged until this year.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
It's amazing to me how in the past decade we've come from Obama's tech-savvy pioneering campaign to this. What the hell happened?

What passed for tech-savvy then (and in Dean's campaign) is now either table stakes for any statewide campaign or just flat-out obselete.

NC would be a killer first state. One of the best early voting infrastructures in the country and a huge range of Democrats from all backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.