• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Chris Matthews looks like he was hoping the results would beat Trump...tonight. Calm down, dude. The crackle of election night became merely the cackle of election night. No need to write in a candidate over it.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone think there'd be a clear winner?
I feel like pollings had very the top 4 all close to each other
Even if there was a winner by 1%, the winner could have built momentum due to media coverage and declaring victory. And it's most effective when most people are tuning into. That moment is gone now and the candidates have to look towards NH for that big moment.

Oct 26, 2017
Pete's speech was actually totally fine.

And I won't lie:
Seeing an openly gay man standing on stage with his equally gay husband who just became the first openly gay person to (at the very least) win a delegate in a Presidential nominating contest is kind of a big deal. It's something 2004 me, knocking on doors for a candidate who didn't think I had the right to get married never would have thought possible less than 20 years later.

I think I mentioned this a few months ago, but if Booty won Iowa, regardless if they agreed with all of Pete's politics, I was hoping many in the gay community would have the same feeling as many of us in the black community had when Obama won Iowa in 2008,

It's just a shame this tabulation screw-up has taken away from potentially the first openly gay candidate with a husband to win delegates & a state in a Presidential primary. That said, I think even without the immediate media attention if Pete indeed does win, he still would have been successful at breaking down barriers. It's the type of thing you'll notice once all the dust settles. That barrier will remain broken long after Pete's campaign has ended.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This would be the absolute dumbest thing they could possibly do.
If their count has them winning and have the receipts then why not? That way they can claim RIGGED when the real results come in.

There is so much shit from this that a close contest means anyone can claim victory.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
MSNBC reporting that when the app went down the data had to be reported by phone, but it was complicated and took almost 20 minutes. 20 minutes per precinct is crazy.

Oct 27, 2017
This shit is really worrying with the poor turnout. What the hell?? Less youth turnout than 2008? Dont these damn kids know about Trump? I sure hope its not gonna be another csse of "Trump won't win, why bother voting." Ugh. Fucking millenials.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
If their count has them winning and have the receipts then why not? That way they can claim RIGGED when the real results come in.

There is so much shit from this that a close contest means anyone can claim victory.
Bernie's campaign knows exactly what they're doing here, and it's fucking stupid and shity. By their own admission, it's not even 100% of all precincts!

They're going to release the first round which probably does show him winning, but that has to be whittled down. No campaign should be releasing internal numbers like that. That's just begging to cause problems.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
20 minutes? They had a precinct captain on earlier who was on hold 2 hours and still waiting
They had him back on. Once he was CONNECTED it took him 20 minutes to report. If you extrapolate that out to 1,500 precincts you can see how it takes forever.

This shit is really worrying with the poor turnout. What the hell?? Less youth turnout than 2008? Dont these damn kids know about Trump? I sure hope its not gonna be another csse of "Trump won't win, why bother voting." Ugh. Fucking millenials.

Turnout is not bad. It's up over 2016, which itself wasn't bad. 2008 was a crazy year. Let's not get too concerned just yet.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie's campaign knows exactly what they're doing here, and it's fucking stupid and shity. By their own admission, it's not even 100% of all precincts!

They're going to release the first round which probably does show him winning, but that has to be whittled down. No campaign should be releasing internal numbers like that. That's just begging to cause problems.
You are acting like we aren't already in a massive shit show.

This is now a political clown fiesta and you gotta use what you have to leverage some semblance of a win out of this. What is everyone else going to say... your numbers are wrong? Then YOU show the receipts!

Chaos isn't a pit it's a ladder... or something like that.

Oct 26, 2017
You can't make this up....

They were releasing the APK to people less than 24 hours ago, and they were doing it possibly via email. But when you try to install the APK it gives you the warning that it could harm your device (the standard thing for anything not downloaded from the store obviously.) So people literally were too scared to install it.

This is hilarious.

Insane. Did they not know that the Play Store allows you to setup a private Beta release group? You don't have to send raw APKs, you can just send the election volunteers a private Google Play Sore link for them to download the app.

But of course that would require distributing the app more than 24 hours before the election... Sounds like it's amateur hour over there.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Pete already took the first shot by declaring victory based on his internals. Shit won't be resolved for weeks at this rate.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
This is now a political clown fiesta and you gotta use what you have to leverage some semblance of a win out of this. What is everyone else going to say... your numbers are wrong? Then YOU show the receipts!

This sounds exactly like how a lot of old white guys think/act - assume you won and argue with anyone who says otherwise.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats wasting time in Iowa meanwhile Trump got 97% support from GOP in Iowa and is going to easily win the state and probably carry Ernst to another Senate term as well.

This debacle isn't helping at all.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Other than him winning at the end of all this I'm having a hard time imagining a better outcome for Biden. Wherever he ends up both his finish and whoever end up winning are blunted.

Status
Not open for further replies.