• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Guys I know this is a discussion forum, but we literally know nothing. It's impossible to make any sort of judgement about how any of this will play because nothing like this has ever happened.

The only thing I feel confident in is that Iowa is going to have a hard time going first next time.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really get why someone wouldn't get a bounce or a dip just because the results are released a little later. I guess the overlap with SotU?
Media will move on or talk about the Chaos so much that no one will trust the results much (save supporters of the winner I'm sure...). New Hampshire is a week away so eyes will be on that.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
damn the IA Democratic Party for this monumental fuck up. I wanted the whole country to see Biden get his ass handed to him.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
NATHANIEL RAKICH
12:27 AM
But I don't think it will help him in the end. People will watch this speech (which, again, is happening after midnight on the East Coast) through the filter of the media. And the media will be incredulous that he claimed victory.

agreed.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
The crowd is just making this sound really choppy to me. Am I the only one who feels this way? Sounds like I'm listening to a Bethesda conference right now.

Oct 27, 2017
So the responses could be summed up as:

Klob: we're still in this thing!
Sanders: The millionaires and the billionaires...
Warren: Join us!
Pete: we won!?
Booker: we got one!
Yang: 'sup.
Biden: Folks, you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Not bad considering no one was voted off the island tonight. Pete's right. He's one step closer to being President. They all are. Also, most of them are one step closer to not being the President, though they don't know it yet.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Pete's speech was actually totally fine.

And I won't lie:
Seeing an openly gay man standing on stage with his equally gay husband who just became the first openly gay person to (at the very least) win a delegate in a Presidential nominating contest is kind of a big deal. It's something 2004 me, knocking on doors for a candidate who didn't think I had the right to get married never would have thought possible less than 20 years later.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Can you imagine having the fucking balls to hang up on Amy?

I'm totally a Karen, but even I am not that brave.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
Even if we get the Iowa results, I wonder if this will essentially nullify them in the eyes of primary voters due to the fuckery.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
The Iowa Democratic party literally just hung up on the conference call with the campaigns.

QyeqDa8.gif

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
lol the only thing that this is disastrous for is the IDP, every campaign gets a mulligan.
I actually think this only helps Biden, everyone else gets no "story" out of this to change from his "front runner" status, and a TON of candidates put everything they had into this to start a momentum swing...

Curious what Bloomberg's camp thinks of this at this hour, but don't think it helps him either since Biden isn't in 5th place result like they may have been hoping for.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO @ Klob doing better than Biden.

Buttiegeg, Sanders, Warren, Klob, Biden.

Wow what a shit show.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Chris Matthews: "Democracy is our special thing" like we're the only country that does democracy and that we do it best.

Fucking idiot.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You can't make this up....

They were releasing the APK to people less than 24 hours ago, and they were doing it possibly via email. But when you try to install the APK it gives you the warning that it could harm your device (the standard thing for anything not downloaded from the store obviously.) So people literally were too scared to install it.

This is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.