• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Just about every campaign is happy about this screwup from Warren, Biden, Klob, Yang, to Booker (lol). Iowa won't be eliminating anyone.

The only campaigns that should be upset are Buttigieg's and Sanders. Pete won't get any Booty Bounce from an Iowa top finish and while Sanders might be happy that his under performance is somewhat obscured by Iowa's screwup, his campaign should be very worried that in a state which is demographically friendly to him, Bernie couldn't boost turnout over 2016 numbers or beat a neophyte Mayor. He didn't move the needle on electability one bit.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
By turning out our voters, not chasing after imaginary ones that don't exist. By running up margins among voters of color, by making states like Arizona and Georgia in play. The issue is building an entire strategy around young voters and new voters. It's a bad strategy. It literally never works. And, Bernie may win, that's cool if he does. But there is nothing indicating he is anywhere close to do what he and his supporters claim he can/will do.

I do hope that we have a more diverse electorate in November, but also when we look at 2016, we also have to see the voters we lost from Obama. We need white people to switch back and we need more voters of color to come out again. Anyone that can do that, I hope wins.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Side note: I check in

I do hope that we have a more diverse electorate in November, but also when we look at 2016, we also have to see the voters we lost from Obama. We need white people to switch back and we need more voters of color to come out again. Anyone that can do that, I hope wins.
Reality is: only need like 150,000 people in Pennsylvania, wisconsin and Michigan

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Reality is: only need like 150,000 people in Pennsylvania, wisconsin and Michigan

I dont really know what I was typing before the quote with Adam, so I got rid of it. I got a lot of tabs open, lmfao.

But basing the election on 150k people is a really small amount in the grand scheme of things. But yeah, I agree, focus on the rust belt.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Actually, the campaigns probably know who won. They all call in and report the numbers from every single caucus site. So, they have a pretty good idea if they won or not.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I mean, the truth is, the campaigns all know who won. Each precinct captain calls back to the campaign with numbers. The only people who don't know are the people who are running the damn thing.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like one of the bigger things people should take away from the entrance poll:

Only 18% of people use Twitter to get political news.
Twitter is not reality. Shit that plays on Twitter does not always play with the electorate. People are not incredibly online.

I really hate "Twitter is not reality" as a sound bite. There are real people there with real opinions (yes I know bots are a thing but I think we can easily ignore those). Twitter is the only venue some people have to be heard at all. Things like BLM wouldn't have been a thing sans Twitter. A more accurate thing to say is that Twitter represents a minority of the Dem electorate and that they tend to be further to the left of the average Democratic voter and thus you shouldn't tailor your campaign solely/mostly to them. Just say that, you (I mean people in general, less you specifically) don't have to call them "fake", that feels needlessly dismissive.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Problem is if there were legit issues, and counts were messed up.
They would be reporting the numbers directly. Not just the number sent to the party. So, the chances of claiming victory and not actually winning is pretty low. I think it's telling that he's the only one who actually claimed victory.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When Obama won Iowa, it was such a big moment and people got excited.

Pete maybe "won" Iowa and gives some random ass half hearted "victory speech" at midnight on a weekday when hardly anyone gives a shit and we are on the eve of a SOTU and impeachment verdict. All the while marred by the shit show of a caucus.

Congrats... you are officially king of shit mountain.

Oct 26, 2017
Just bring back Howard dean before it's too late

giphy.gif

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You might as well claim victory. Like who is going to stop you? No one's going to do anything.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
When Obama won Iowa, it was such a big moment and people got excited.

Pete maybe "won" Iowa and gives some random ass half hearted "victory speech" at midnight on a weekday when hardly anyone gives a shit and we are on the eve of a SOTU and impeachment verdict. All the while marred by the shit show of a caucus.

Congrats... you are officially king of shit mountain.

It's annoying when pundits were comparing Pete to Obama and trying to make fetch happen.

Oct 28, 2017
He just tweeted and denied he has anything to do with the Iowa app or anything about it.

Someone is making a straight up lie because the Iowa app was advertised as using his brilliant campaigning experience to build resilience to problems that may happen during the campaign trail.

So either the puff piece advertising the app is lying or this tool is throwing other people under the bus.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
SNAFU Winners and Losers:

Winners - Biden (Just had to Survive)
Losers - Sanders, Klobechar, Butti (All needed momentum stories)
TBD - Warren
Rest - Happy to Be Here Group

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get why someone wouldn't get a bounce or a dip just because the results are released a little later. I guess the overlap with SotU?

Status
Not open for further replies.