• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being Buttiegeg and spending all your cash on Iowa.

617485451116281858.png
617485451116281858.png
617485451116281858.png
I laughed

Oct 28, 2017
How the hell does Robby Mook still have a job after fucking up Clinton's campaign so hard that he's basically fucked the entire world politically.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Then what does it say about the other candidates? Do we get a "final vote" in November?
But....the other candidates aren't running on bringing millions of new people into the process. That's Bernie's whole thing. he's going to bring in millions of new voters, folks who have never taken part...and there is literally no evidence of that. In fact, first time caucus goers was down pretty heavily from 2016. If your entire thing is "I can win over rural whites, and I will bring in new people" and then you do neither of those things.....that's not good for your argument as to why someone should uspport you over someone else.

Tiger Priest

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
New York, NY
Well, what a shitshow is all I can say.

National Primary or Bust with an instant runoff for less than 50% winners. All this dragging it out is just ridiculous and keeps us focused on fighting each other instead of fighting the actual enemy!

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Joy on MSNBC just made a really good point. Assuming that turnout is level or down from 2016, this is really a repudiation of the idea that Bernie can leverage some white rural surge and win the White House. It's not reality based on what the numbers might be showing.
Or maybe Iowa is just becoming a more entrenched red state and there are less Dems there?

edit - I saw your follow up and mostly agree with that. Cable pundits portending doom for Dems in November over turnout in Iowa of all places is some dumb shit still.

Last edited:

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus this is gonna be the worst. Sour grapes everywhere after this shitshow. We need results first thing tomorrow to fix this.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Puerto Rico has roughly the same population as Iowa. Make Puerto Rico a state, strip Iowa of their statehood, and give PR the 6 electoral college votes Iowa has.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
But....the other candidates aren't running on bringing millions of new people into the process. That's Bernie's whole thing. he's going to bring in millions of new voters, folks who have never taken part...and there is literally no evidence of that. In fact, first time caucus goers was down pretty heavily from 2016. If your entire thing is "I can win over rural whites, and I will bring in new people" and then you do neither of those things.....that's not good for your argument as to why someone should uspport you over someone else.

Yes, but all of the candidates should be running with that message. How else are we going to beat trump?

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
My question is, is there anything specific to caucuses in this results shitshow, or could it happen during primary results reporting? By all accounts, the caucuses themselves took place orderly and without issue. Iowa needs to be penalized extremely heavily for this screwup, but it's not clear to me the blame lies with the caucus process.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Yes, but all of the candidates should be running with that message. How else are we going to beat trump?
By turning out our voters, not chasing after imaginary ones that don't exist. By running up margins among voters of color, by making states like Arizona and Georgia in play. The issue is building an entire strategy around young voters and new voters. It's a bad strategy. It literally never works. And, Bernie may win, that's cool if he does. But there is nothing indicating he is anywhere close to do what he and his supporters claim he can/will do.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My question is, is there anything specific to caucuses in this results shitshow, or could it happen during primary results reporting? By all accounts, the caucuses themselves took place orderly and without issue. Iowa needs to be penalized extremely heavily for this screwup, but it's not clear to me the blame lies with the caucus process.
Oh it's definitely a caucus shitshow. All the first vote then realignment shit caused this confusion. Voting machines with paper ballots should be all thats needed.

Oct 25, 2017

No, a primary you drop your ballot in the box or push a button or whatever and then count the ballots

You don't have to record the first choice, 2nd choice, who went where etc...

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I'm just gonna assume
1- Pete
2- Bernie
3- Warren
4- Klob
5- Yang
6- Steyer
7-Bennet
8-Biden
And go to bed.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I feel like one of the bigger things people should take away from the entrance poll:

Only 18% of people use Twitter to get political news.
Twitter is not reality. Shit that plays on Twitter does not always play with the electorate. People are not incredibly online.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So a company called "Shadow" created this new app that is supposed to be doing the counting...

This is reaching "Fraud Guaranteed" levels of parody right now.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017

With the same playbook we used to Klobber the GOP in 2018.

Bernie's compact for nomination was that he could get a new coalition to come out and vote to make up for the huge number of people that he'll turn off. If that isn't happening, he's completely unelectable.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like one of the bigger things people should take away from the entrance poll:

Twitter is not reality. Shit that plays on Twitter does not always play with the electorate. People are not incredibly online.
Should have asked about Facebook tbh. Especially judging the average of the people at the caucus.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CNN saying Warren's team noticed the 2nd vote was completely fucked up on some sites and the hotline was backed up with complaints. Nothing to do with the app. Just rule breaking.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

Yep. Bernie/Warren support drops off precipitously once you leave the Twitter bubble.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
With the same playbook we used to Klobber the GOP in 2018.

Bernie's compact for nomination was that he could get a new coalition to come out and vote to make up for the huge number of people that he'll turn off. If that isn't happening, he's completely unelectable.
My friend who is a ride or die Bernie Stan tells me about this untapped voter turnout wave Bernie will have. I keep telling him "that's great! Bernie should consider using some of this magic voter turnout dust to win the primary" 🤷🏻‍♂️

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked there hasn't been a Trump tweet saying, "Democrats want to run the country, yet they can't even run a caucus"

Status
Not open for further replies.