• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I mean, how would 2016 turnout be compared to any year OTHER than 2008? I mean, this is a caucus, it's not like people get there and can leave after standing in a five minute line to vote. 2008 had a very different feel from either 2016 or this year for one very obvious reason.

But, we were told a certain candidate's grassroot organizing was something we've never seen before, was going to turnout non-voters by the bushel, and start a revolution. Yet, here we are.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
this is actually a good speech by Amy.

She should come out and say she won, and just set a stapler on the podium with prolonged eye contact.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
I mean, how would 2016 turnout be compared to any year OTHER than 2008? I mean, this is a caucus, it's not like people get there and can leave after standing in a five minute line to vote. 2008 had a very different feel from either 2016 or this year for one very obvious reason.

I wasn't expecting 2008 levels. Just levels that were higher than 2016.

Like I said, I hope the system of a caucus is all that it is.

Oct 25, 2017
An' the next thing ya know,
Your son's caucusin' for votes
In a pinch-back suit.
And list'nin to some big out-a-town Jasper
Here to tell him all about delegate gamblin'.
Not a wholesome primary race, no!
But a race where they set down right on bleachers!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey-boy
bein' non viable? Make your blood boil?
Well, I should say.
Friends, lemme tell you what I mean.
Ya got one, two, three, four, five, six delegates in a precinct.
delegates that mark the diff'rence
Between a gentlemen and a bum,
With a capital "B,"
And that rhymes with "c" and that stands for caucus!

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I don't see the need to compare 2008 to 2016 or any other year. 2008 was a different time and had different conditions to happen.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And there it is. "Inconsistencies" glorious.

ALso directly contradicting anyone saying the 'app wouldnt load'. Saying the app was fine.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I wasn't expecting 2008 levels. Just levels that were higher than 2016.

Like I said, I hope the system of a caucus is all that it is.
Maybe, just maaaaaaaybe Bernie isn't the draw Obama was, but we already knew that. But yeah I was hoping for more this time out of Trump anger. Though to be honest I think tons of people are just interested in voting him out and don't care who it's for.

Yes, he's got soooo much on the line!

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Iowa should call the year 2008 and ask for Obama's tech team, maybe they can fix the outsourced garbage some consultants sold them that's using, like, HPE's "cloud" infrastructure

Oct 27, 2017
That will infuriate sanders campaign, going from more than double to splitting the delegate count equally with warren and buttigieg in that one district.

Speeches that just enumerate the states itinerary are ugh.

Oct 25, 2017
Trump just tweeted that he won Iowa. And he's right. Democrats look so shit right now. I'm infuriated. How do you not prepare for this?

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Maybe, just maaaaaaaybe Bernie isn't the draw Obama was, but we already knew that. But yeah I was hoping for more this time out of Trump anger. Though to be honest I think tons of people are just interested in voting him out and don't care who it's for.

Not sure if you're suggesting I'm a Bernie supporter here, but I'm not. I'm a Warren supporter.

I just thought the turnout would be higher because of Trump anger. We've been seeing it the last 2 years.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Pete is going to get a polling bump from the Iowa caucuses when they report his win...

the final results will come in two days after Trump is sworn to his second term by Chief Justice Ted Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.