• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THis is incredible what just happened on CNN. Vote reporter waiting on hold with tech support for a hour, talks to wolf, woman comes on phone, says HELLO?, they hang up as Wolf asks him if he can listen to the exchange.

holy crap.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Was PoliERA that bad that night? I'm sure OT was, but I don't remember it being too bad in here. Then again, the needle did scare some peeps early in the night so I guess it's possible.

People were threatening suicide when Nate Silver's model predicted a Republican House due to a bug in interpreting early results

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I'm enjoying the cable news channels being all pissy about no results yet.

I don't mind it taking extra time, just make sure it's accurate. That being said, this needs to be the last time we use caucuses and let Iowa go first.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Florida and all the red state senators coming in before MT, NV and AZ really made it look gloomy for the Senate. I only got hopeful after NV results started coming in.

Outside of Florida disappointing me because it's Florida, I had no illusions about the Senate. Not winning the House would've been terrible.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
IF turnout ends up at 2016 levels, that would be a major disappointment
As Rilakkuma said, even if it does, couldn't that just be an indication of how far right Iowa's moved and how there are just fewer Democrats/people willing to caucus Democratic there?

I wouldn't draw any broad conclusions until we see actual primaries. And we don't even have final numbers for the caucus yet!

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I would like to argue for NYS, but while the state is pretty diverse the Democratic Party is heavily loaded downstate.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
So, I think this is interesting.

From Des Moines 47

First round:
Sanders 107
Warren 104
Buttigieg 71

On the second round, Warren gained 27 additional people.
Pete gained 36 additional people.
Bernie gained....6.

That's not great. Warren ended up winning the caucus because no one reallocated to Bernie.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously.

With all that is happening, people still aren't fucking voting? Still?!
Caucuses are the worse way to get people to vote though. Even when it goes well it's still a shit show. The whole process is designed to get only a select group of people to show up and to limit that number as much as possible. The whole thing takes place in a very small window of time too. This whole thing would be very different if they just ran a damn primary like everyone wants them to.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Amy, declare victory. No one can prove you wrong and it will become an article of faith by the time we get results.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously.

With all that is happening, people still aren't fucking voting? Still?!

I mean, how would 2016 turnout be compared to any year OTHER than 2008? I mean, this is a caucus, it's not like people get there and can leave after standing in a five minute line to vote. 2008 had a very different feel from either 2016 or this year for one very obvious reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.