• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, I think this is interesting.

From Des Moines 47

First round:
Sanders 107
Warren 104
Buttigieg 71

On the second round, Warren gained 27 additional people.
Pete gained 36 additional people.
Bernie gained....6.

That's not great. Warren ended up winning the caucus because no one reallocated to Bernie.

2nd round is gonna be bad for Bernie.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. This explains it.

unknown.png

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Literally no one cares about this except political junkies like us, people who actually went to the caucus, and TV pundits furious they have nothing to report. Trash takes about how this is somehow good for Trump are just that: trash.

Trash takes about how this is being rigged for Biden will also be revealed as trash when Biden gets fifth place.

Finally, the Iowa Democratic Party is also trash. I bet seriously bad things are happening and they don't want to acknowledge it publicly.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This thread wouldn't be the same if shitty hot takes weren't prevalent.
I'm not saying that as an endorsement.
I'm not sure why I always refresh this thread during election nights, the echo chamber here is always so miserable... I remember people calling 2018 a failure for Dems!

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Literally no one cares about this except political junkies like us, people who actually went to the caucus, and TV pundits furious they have nothing to report. Trash takes about how this is somehow good for Trump are just that: trash.

Trash takes about how this is being rigged for Biden will also be revealed as trash when Biden gets fifth place.

Finally, the Iowa Democratic Party is also trash. I bet seriously bad things are happening and they don't want to acknowledge it publicly.
All of this.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Biden some how becomes the nom, I shudder at the amount of excitement he would give in November. It would be horrible.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If people didn't want to listen as to why caucuses are trash and should not be a thing anymore in these primaries, we have reason number one right here.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure why I always refresh this thread during election nights, the echo chamber here is always so miserable... I remember people calling 2018 a failure for Dems!
I credit that entire experience with my uptick in smoking, because I just got so damn angry at this place and a large segment of the posters in OT.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

All of this.

Because they wanted to be miserable and drag others down to their level.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
How can people particularly those who said in 2016 especially Trumpers say "rigged" if Biden is in 5th place? I know, I know early whatever

If anything, it'll the death of the caucus as we know of it.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
If this caucus doesn't turn things around i might as well not vote in November. I believed in caucus, caucus or bust.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
I credit that entire experience with my uptick in smoking, because I just got so damn angry at this place and a large segment of the posters in OT.

Was PoliERA that bad that night? I'm sure OT was, but I don't remember it being too bad in here. Then again, the needle did scare some peeps early in the night so I guess it's possible.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Such a sad sight, Blitzer in front of the delegate counter screen that sadly has remained unused the entire night.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Dude finally gets off hold after an hour to report his precinct results and they hang up on him because he's talking to CNN lmfao.

Status
Not open for further replies.