• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
These stories of trading and cooperating for viability are remarkable. As are the stories about people who left after the first round.

The guy being on hold with party hq for a half hour is totally expected.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Bernie losing Iowa and his supporters coming to the conclusion that caucuses fucking suck would be a real nice silver lining to tonight
I'd be happy with that result JUST for this, I'm going to admit.
Iowa should be given an ultimatum: change to a primary system or another state will replace you. Enough is enough with this petty shit.

This here is peak caucuses, omg. It's horrible, of course, but, well, caucuses.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Prediction: these "quality control checks" are going to lead to numerous RIGGED narratives for supporters of candidates who don't do well.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Get rid of caucasus, and do all primaries on the same day, dammit.

There's a merit to having small states as "preview" markets, not forcing a candidate to have to fundraise for NYC/LA/Chicago media markets and more all in one go.

Have Iowa be the preview market for the Midwest, everything from Ohio through the Great Plains plus Kentucky, NH for the Northeast, everything from DC up to Maine, SC for the South and Gulf, basically all of the ex-confederacy plus Oklahoma, and Nevada for the West, everything Mountain, Pacific, Alaska, and Hawaii.

Every four years rotate which of those states, and which region, goes in which order. Coordinate it with the GOP to have all primaries as open and on the same day.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
There's a merit to having small states as "preview" markets, not forcing a candidate to have to fundraise for NYC/LA/Chicago media markets and more all in one go.

Have Iowa be the preview market for the Midwest, everything from Ohio through the Great Plains plus Kentucky, NH for the Northeast, everything from DC up to Maine, SC for the South and Gulf, basically all of the ex-confederacy plus Oklahoma, and Nevada for the West, everything Mountain, Pacific, Alaska, and Hawaii.

Every four years rotate which of those states, and which region, goes in which order. Coordinate it with the GOP to have all primaries as open and on the same day.
I don't want previews though. This is a mess.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This process would sound like a fun little clusterfuck if it wasn't for, you know, actually voting for something important.

Oct 25, 2017
Biden down to 4th with 13% but it's only 1.7% reporting so

it really feels like once Bernieworld turns on caucuses and Iowa this will be over come 2024/8

Oct 25, 2017
Nick Corasaniti, NYT: Cory Booker may have dropped out, but he won a state delegate at a caucus at Drake University in a protest move by Yang, Klobuchar & Biden supporters.

HOLY SHIT CORY QUALIFIED FOR THE NEXT DEBATE?!?!?!?

This is maybe my favorite thing to happen in the primary process so far.

Caucuses are dumb but this is hilarious.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is happening. Please explain like I'm a child
Cory Booker got a delegate out of spite from other candidates' supporters and now qualifies for the next debate despite dropping out weeks ago. He had previously whined about the debate criteria and now he's back in if he wants.

That's about all we know for sure so far.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is happening. Please explain like I'm a child
Caucuses are cancer.

Real talk, the reason this is taking so long is likely due to the rule changes with more data. The data from each cacus site is sent out via phone calls, so... They're sending over 4 different types of numbers for each site, leading to... Well, a clusterfuck. Imagine being the person who has to write that down and never get any of the numbers in the wrong place.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
Warren jumped like 400 votes ahead of Biden and broke 20%. Of course we still aren't even at 2% reporting so lol.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

latest

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Cory Booker got a delegate out of spite from other candidates' supporters and now qualifies for the next debate despite dropping out weeks ago. He had previously whined about the debate criteria and now he's back in if he wants.

That's about all we know for sure so far.
Getting a single delegate gets you on the debate stage?!

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
it really feels like once Bernieworld turns on caucuses and Iowa this will be over come 2024/8
I mean, if Bernie doesn't win the nomination in 2020, the Bernieworld voice is going to be diminished. Iowa should totally get rid of this mess of a thing, but it's going to take more than just pressure from the guy who came in 2nd two times in a row (possibly I'm not calling anything) to change it.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if Bernie doesn't win the nomination in 2020, the Bernieworld voice is going to be diminished. Iowa should totally get rid of this mess of a thing, but it's going to take more than just pressure from the guy who came in 2nd two times in a row (possibly I'm not calling anything) to change it.
Only way I see this happening if there is some sort of deal where Iowa remains the first state, but gives up caucuses.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Hillary came out against Iowa (probably because she didn't do great there twice lmao) and tons of party people have been calling it racist. Can't see it lasting 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.