• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
part of me loves that Iowa is saying "fuck you" to our on-demand society. This is the most convoluted process ever for an already convoluted process.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
Got any good podcasts you're gonna listen to

I love listening to Knowledge Fight, I Don't Speak German, and Q-Anon Anonymous.

Knowledge Fight is a show about Alex Jones. These two comedians do these really awesome and intense deep dives into almost every episode that Alex does.The host, Dan researches every narrative, fact, and story that Alex makes up and breaks them down to their original source. Spoiler alert, most of Alex's narratives go back to Nazi propaganda, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

The other two are basically similar to Knowledge Fight, with I Don't Speak German being a much more academic but also a little more shallow information wise; and Q-Anon Anonymous being a more bite sized and funnier version. Having said all of that Knowledge Fight is the pinnacle when it comes down to journalists breaking down the narratives of the right; they've uncovered a lot of stuff that even Right Wing Watch's Jared Holt hasn't even reported about.

It turna out learning about Nazis is fun AND depressing.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
As cool as it would be personally if Illinois were first, I have to imagine the state's ahem reputation might be an issue.

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's definitely making several calls to Amy's campaign to ask for an endorsement & drop out tonight.

You thinking it's a yawn fest has absolutely nothing to do with it being a major news story that will soak up all the news media attention.
Even the hyped SOTU that came after the shutdown was moved on from after a day lmao.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Also, these talking heads complaining that it's after 10 EST; mother fucker let Iowa do Iowa. When I was out there in 08 it was so irritating how everything had to conform to east coast time sensibilities.

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa should be given an ultimatum: change to a primary system or another state will replace you. Enough is enough with this petty shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Msnbc confirming a "shady backroom deal" for real: caucusgoers making handshake deals to split delegate votes to stay viable. In this instance, Warren and Yang benefit with viability and one delegate each.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
As cool as it would be personally if Illinois were first, I have to imagine the state's ahem reputation might be an issue.
RTR2X6FD.jpg

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden finishing a close 3rd behind Sanders with Butti winning would be a devastating result for Bernie. Yeah it's not great for Biden but he can make up for it elsewhere. Sanders being dumped by a newcomer in a state he got 80k votes in '16 should be a major red flag to the viability of his candidacy.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
EVERYTHING these days is moved on after a day or two. The point is the SOTU and then the acquittal will help push Iowa out of the news and into irrelevancy
Thing is though the primary season started, and they will always go back to this. Will die out for a couple of days and ramp back up for NH. Then, they will pull out all their narratives rinse and repeat.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Biden finishing a close 3rd behind Sanders with Butti winning would be a devastating result for Bernie. Yeah it's not great for Biden but he can make up for it elsewhere. Sanders being dumped by a newcomer in a state he got 80k votes in '16 should be a major red flag to the viability of his candidacy.
All over but the crying.

Eventually, anyway.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, this is the place where Buttiegeg is at his peak. Bernie is still viable if he finishes first even if it's close.

Nothing really changes though, he still has to win Nevada and NH somehow.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's definitely making several calls to Amy's campaign to ask for an endorsement & drop out tonight.

Even the hyped SOTU that came after the shutdown was moved on from after a day lmao.
Klobb better stay in with her quality performance tonight. 2 women doing so well is fucking great. She can drop out after Super Tuesday.

Anyone getting 0 dels needs to gtfo asap though (except Bloombito I guess since he isn't even competing in the state).

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie losing Iowa and his supporters coming to the conclusion that caucuses fucking suck would be a real nice silver lining to tonight

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This caucus thing would be pretty fun...

...if it weren't for the fact that the fate of the world was even marginally related to this.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Nick Corasaniti, NYT: Cory Booker may have dropped out, but he won a state delegate at a caucus at Drake University in a protest move by Yang, Klobuchar & Biden supporters.

HOLY SHIT CORY QUALIFIED FOR THE NEXT DEBATE?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.