• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I see it differently, this kills Biden and makes it a 3 person race, Warren v Bernie v Biden
Nah. Biden does very well with black voters, and can run up the delegate score in southern states. It's similar to what Clinton did. If you win by enormous margins in the southern states, and keep everything else close plus get some wins like Nevada you've got the nomination.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
The best part about the Iowa caucus happening is that tomorrow we can quit pretending to act like 90% white Iowa represents the will of the Democratic electorate.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
The best part about the Iowa caucus happening is that tomorrow we can quit pretending to act like 90% white Iowa represents the will of the Democratic electorate.

Weirdly it clearly doesn't represent the Republican electorate either, despite how white it is.

Theres a GOP sham caucus to vote in Trump just because iowa hasn't picked the GOP nominee since 2000.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Nate Cohn: The lack of results from Iowa is not normal. By this time in 2016, nearly 80% of the total vote was counted, based on the data we have from last time.
NYT's Nick Corasaniti: Wondering why there's no results? Party officials tell me they're doing "quality control," making sure preference cards and turnout align with results.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
What I will say, is Kerry was also at 1% among black voters when he won Iowa.

I'm not QUITE sure why folks are so willing to say Pete is 100% dead when his black support is abysmal, but Bernie is 100% viable when he polls in the same range among older voters.

To be clear, I think a Pete win means Biden is the nominee, I just don't think he's any more DOA than some of the other candidates.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Biden needs to get at least 3rd tonight.

I dont think Bernie getting 2nd in iowa is going to suddenly make the south start to favor him over biden especially when he got 2nd 4 years ago as well

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Pete isn't really a viable candidate given how poorly he does with black voters. A Pete win slows down Sanders and Warren. Essentially Pete is playing the spoiler role.

Absolutely not. Sanders voters are not gonna switch over just because he ended up 2nd in Iowa. What this will do is hurt Biden's electability narrative and pull over some Biden voters to Buttigieg. Pete winning is much better for Bernie than Biden winning.
Biden with the momentum out of Iowa would probably run away with the nomination.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Pete winning Iowa warrants a new state taking it's place. Shit like this just can't happen. He's polling at fucking 0% with African-Americans.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nate Cohn: The lack of results from Iowa is not normal. By this time in 2016, nearly 80% of the total vote was counted, based on the data we have from last time.
NYT's Nick Corasaniti: Wondering why there's no results? Party officials tell me they're doing "quality control," making sure preference cards and turnout align with results.
Sounds like rigging to me

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
IA > NH > NV (more diverse but a caucus) is just the worst damn opening sequence that's not reflective of, like, any actual piece of reality for this party.
Yeah I just noticed today looking at a wikipedia chart that even my state, MA, gets way more delegates than any of the first four and yet no one gives a shit about us because reasons.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
So if preliminary results hold, basically we are likely to learn nothing of substance and everyone is going to make of this what they want?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
What I will say, is Kerry was also at 1% among black voters when he won Iowa.

I'm not QUITE sure why folks are so willing to say Pete is 100% dead when his black support is abysmal, but Bernie is 100% viable when he polls in the same range among older voters.

To be clear, I think a Pete win means Biden is the nominee, I just don't think he's any more DOA than some of the other candidates.

Because numerous polls have had Pete having higher unfavorable ratings with black voters than Warren or Bernie, even though he's far less known.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Lol Kornacki just said there's no ETA on any Iowa results. Absolute shitshow, please put Iowa at the back end of the primary calendar next time

Status
Not open for further replies.