• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Caucus in AZ, 162 showed up. 25 needed for viability:

Klob----53
Butt-----39
Biden---29
Warren-25
Sanders-7
Bloom-2
Steyer-2
Uncommitted-1

Oct 25, 2017
I think the overestimate on Kluthu is due to small sample bias on satellite 'stuff' nobody knew about or cared about aside from her fans.

edit: ah, there we go. Yeah, less than 200 people is basically worth fuck all as a poll of anything. Might as well have asked "For Dinner Tonight: Butter, Margarine, or Rat Poison?" with rat poison coming out on top.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Why has Iowa been predtictive of past Dems but not GOP?
Cruz, Santorum, Huckabee...

IA's GOP is a mix of rural evanglical extremists and agribusinesses best friends. Plus, when you make it a caucus, you narrow down even more to the base of the base.

Dafuq is with Klob and snowbirds?

High info moderate voters.

If you're a moderate voter who's worried about Biden's Biden-ess, but still a moderate, the Klob is a good 2nd choice.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Dafuq is with Klob and snowbirds?
jQ8s8YI.png

???? no idea

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I think the overestimate on Kluthu is due to small sample bias on satellite 'stuff' nobody knew about or cared about aside from her fans.

edit: ah, there we go. Yeah, less than 200 people is basically worth fuck all as a poll of anything. Might as well have asked "For Dinner Tonight: Butter, Margarine, or Rat Poison?" with rat poison coming out on top.
Well, okay, but it's not a poll. It's how people are actually caucusing. I agree it doesn't mean a whole lot, except that we have 3 satellite caucus sites with an older voter demographic, and Bernie ain't getting anywhere close to decent numbers in any of them. in the one FL caucus, he managed 1 vote out of 135. The Klob/Biden/Butti block is currently killing it with the 50+, ie, about 60% of the Iowa electorate.

Obviously, it's a handful of votes, you can't make any definitive statements, but it's an interesting trend that, if it holds up, could give us a weird ass night.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Bolton winding up in jail after playing stupid games with the subpoena process is honestly something I'd be fine with.

His book better come out tho

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Let me reiterate that we can't draw any conclusions from anything, but I have a legitimate question:

If you're a Sanders supporter, him having so much trouble in caucus sites located in AZ and FL doesn't give you any pause at all? Like, we're talking 400ish people, and ya, they're old....but does that concern you at all? (Legitimate question, not a leading question.)

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Me when Amy wins and Steyer comes second.
tenor.gif

Adam is Alyssa.
Just to be clear, I AM NOT LAUGHING AT YOU AMY DO NOT HURT ME.

Also:

Western Iowa (the more conservative part) makes up 10% of the popular vote, but 13% of the delegates.
The 4 college counties make up 20% of the vote, but only 14% of the delegates.

That's gonna lead to a bunch of rigged claims.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Let me reiterate that we can't draw any conclusions from anything, but I have a legitimate question:

If you're a Sanders supporter, him having so much trouble in caucus sites located in AZ and FL doesn't give you any pause at all? Like, we're talking 400ish people, and ya, they're old....but does that concern you at all? (Legitimate question, not a leading question.)

I voted for Bernie in the 2016 primary, probably will do the same this year. It scares the hell out of me that everyone I know over sixty, Democrat and Republican alike, thinks that he's a crazy person. They vote. Boy, do they vote.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I'm not a Sanders supporter as you know, and honestly, it doesn't bother me at all, when it comes whether Sanders will win or not tonight. These folks aren't even representative of old people in Iowa, let alone Iowans in general. I'm sure there were wacky results like this in all kinds of caucuses - they just weren't combed over because people in the past had better things to do with their lives. :)

Sanders general problem with old voters may be a problem, but this is a different thing.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
So why is Klob doing so great with the oldies?
I thought it would be: Biden - Pete - Klob in that order
Because Biden has run an absolutely horrible campaign and it's been non stop nonsense from him, generally looking completely unprepared to actually do the job and go against Trump

Old people like Pete too but he's young and Gay so older people probably don't want to go there because electability

so by process of elimination Amy surging makes sense

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling over a series of posts, long history of similar infractions

Lol pigeon where are you??

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Take my energy, Warren. Or pretty much anyone but Bernie. He's probably gonna pull it out though.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Because Biden has run an absolutely horrible campaign and it's been non stop nonsense from him, generally looking completely unprepared to actually do the job and go against Trump

Old people like Pete too but he's young and Gay so older people probably don't want to go there because electability

so by process of elimination Amy surging makes sense
Damn guess NYT was ahead of its time lol

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I voted for Bernie in the 2016 primary, probably will do the same this year. It scares the hell out of me that everyone I know over sixty, Democrat and Republican alike, thinks that he's a crazy person. They vote. Boy, do they vote.
Thanks for the response. Like that's my fear as well. Old people just fucking vote all the time.If we're totally shitboned in AZ and FL, that means we're basically praying to god WI is fine. And maaaaaan that's scary.
I'm not a Sanders supporter as you know, and honestly, it doesn't bother me at all, when it comes whether Sanders will win or not tonight. These folks aren't even representative of old people in Iowa, let alone Iowans in general. I'm sure there were wacky results like this in all kinds of caucuses - they just weren't combed over because people in the past had better things to do with their lives. :)

Sanders general problem with old voters may be a problem, but this is a different thing.
Sure, like I said, any conclusions would be stupid. I just was kinda thinking outloud.

Final AZ result. Apparently the Bernie supporters a lot of them left.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

I mean yes it does

But lets go through the other options

Biden has run an absolutely horrible campaign. Putting as much work as a i did in last time I know how much it's going to take to actually do the and regardless of the polling, he just seems like such a drain that Trump or not I've been worried people will actually go for him like well need to

Warren gives me similar concerns as Bernie in regards to toxicity with the olds but I feel she'd do worse with younger people and basically every other group. She seems more like a worst of both worlds rather than someone who would effectively bridge both

Older people like Pete but again he's like the only one that actually regularly loses to Trump in the popular vote

No options really seem good.

I'd consider switching to Amy if she did really well and won Iowa and seemed to really do well among the demos that flipped the house And Sanders underperforms in IA/NH

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I mean yes it does

But lets go through the other options

Biden has run an absolutely horrible campaign. Putting as much work as a i did in last time I know how much it's going to take to actually do the and regardless of the polling, he just seems like such a drain that Trump or not I've been worried people will actually go for him like well need to

Warren gives me similar concerns as Bernie in regards to toxicity with the olds but I feel she'd do worse with younger people and basically every other group. She seems more like a worst of both worlds rather than someone who would effectively bridge both

Older people like Pete but again he's like the only one that actually regularly loses to Trump in the popular vote

No options really seem good.

I'd consider switching to Amy if she did really well and won Iowa and seemed to really do well among the demos that flipped the house And Sanders underperforms in IA/NH
Like I said, i appreciate you taking the time to respond to me. I agree, we're kinda boned with each of the major candidates having demographic issues. Like i said, I don't really know who is the smart money in the race. It's just going to be our best guess. I guess I'm just a neo-liberal moron because I worry about turning off the olds more than I probably should.

This is at a Satellite Caucus in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Warren is going to win it. It's currently 5 Warren, 3 Bernie and 1 Pete. The Pete guy has to reallocate but he doesn't want Bernie or Warren so who knows what he's going to do.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
With Yang importing his caucus captains from outside of Iowa, it was the next obvious step to import his voters too...

Status
Not open for further replies.