• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the fact you people are still watching anything with Mark halperin in it...

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like this will be the last cycle with caucuses (and maybe with Iowa first). We shouldn't have another contested primary for 8 years so the DNC got plenty of time to come up with shit.

Maybe Nevada should just go first. The problem with Illinois and Florida is that Chicago and Miami are probably a lot more expensive for ads.

Oct 27, 2017
Problems with a poll show the divide in the Democratic party, so says a Fox News chyron. (Seems like part of their ongoing strategy to scare people with Sanders, having someone on to talk about it who was identified as a "former Sanders 2016 campaign staffer")

Out of the stuck-in-DC candidates, I think Klobuchar is the one who has made the most out of TV appearances from the halls of the capitol. Multiple networks, steadier commentary than the debates, she knows how to give a 5-minute interview without getting long-winded in explanations. It seems like part of a long game rather than trying to outright seize the first few states, but at least it got networks to finally show her on the ground in Iowa this weekend.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
We're one step closing to ending this shitshow primary season.

And Bloombito and Trump's ads were the most hated Superbowl ads.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best part about finally getting an election is that it's the one scenario where there won't be any clear winners. So, that'll be great!

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Biden interview this morning.

Biden: Impeachment hasn't 'shaken my faith' in working with Republicans

Former Vice President Joe Biden said the impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump haven't "shaken my faith" with regards to working with Republicans, adding that "no one's" found that his son Hunter Biden did anything untoward in Ukraine.

Impeachment "hasn't shaken my faith in being able to work with at least" some Republicans, Biden told "TODAY" show co-anchor Savannah Guthrie in an exclusive interview ahead of Monday's Iowa caucuses.

"I think you're going to see the world change with [President Donald] Trump gone," Biden added.

The Senate last week voted against calling witnesses in Trump's impeachment trial, with just two Republicans voting in favor of additional testimony and documents. Some Republicans who voted against calling witnesses conceded that Trump acted improperly with regard to calling on Ukraine to announce investigations of the Bidens as he withheld nearly $400 million in aid.

The Senate is now expected to acquit Trump this week.

Meanwhile, Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, told Bloomberg News Sunday that should Biden win the presidency, Republicans might "immediately" push to impeach him.
On Monday, Biden said, "It's a good thing that no one's found anything wrong with his dealing with Ukraine except they say it sets a bad image."

Asked if it was "wrong" for his son to take the board seat "knowing that it was really because that company wanted access to you," the former vice president said, "that's not true."

"You're saying things you do not know what you're talking about," he said. "No one has said that — who said that?"

Hes in for a rude awakening if he wins the nom.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Joni Ernst saying Trump has "learned his lesson" on soliciting foreign interference was the Monday morning ulcer I was looking for.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
If Bernie wins tonight how red will Chris Matthew's face get?
His hate-boner for Bernie and apparently new found respect and admiration for Trump is awful and super obvious. All last week he was spewing "nobody but Biden can beat Trump and even then Trump is surging in popularity" bullshit during the impeachment coverage. The other hosts just look at him like he's crazy and senile.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Holy Shit. I continue to hate myself being right

The world is fucked if he wins.
His climate bill can pass by reconciliation.

That's all I truly need from him. Not to dismiss the immediate needs of healthcare, education or immigration but addressing climate change is literally existential for the human race to a degree that those other issues are not.

Oct 25, 2017
His climate bill can pass by reconciliation.

That's all I truly need from him. Not to dismiss the immediate needs of healthcare, education or immigration but addressing climate change is literally existential for the human race to a degree that those other issues are not.
Will Manchin vote for his climate bill though? Seems like the area he'd be annoying on.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here is the thing about Biden

The people (centrists/swing voters) who want him in know that he's

1: White old man who you can have a beer with
2: Not insane and won't make you constantly remember he's POTUS every waking moment of your life
3: Feigns bipartisanship even though I actually believe he's fully aware that he will face obstructionism if he doesn't receive a majority Senate. This is for the centrists and moderates who really think the parties can "come together" or some shit.

A lot of folks just want to bring someone back into the office to run the country and bring back normalcy, Biden is inherently the candidate that does that.

And for people who really want shit done, Biden is currently the best chance to achieve a trifecta, which does have some major sway to people who are politically active.

Will Manchin vote for his climate bill though? Seems like the area he'd be annoying on.

Manchin isn't up for election till 2024, he's going to be a good little soldier and vote for anything that needs his vote.

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Manchin isn't up for election till 2024, he's going to be a good little soldier and vote for anything that needs his vote.
I think Manchin would be genuinely opposed enough to Biden's climate proposal that he'd vote against it, even though I usually give him the benefit of the doubt that he'd come through for us on other big Dem priorities.

That just makes it all the more important that Biden (or, as always, whoever the nominee is) carries enough states and Senate seats that legislation doesn't live or die by Manchin's support. Get to 51 seats? You can lose Manchin's vote. 52? Tester's. 53? Sinema's, and so on and so forth. Margins are important.

Oct 25, 2017
We go live to Iowa

giphy.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if we're worrying about Manchin's vote for a Biden agenda, why are we even entertaining the thought of a Sanders or Warren agenda being remotely possible?

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017

2: Not insane and won't make you constantly remember he's POTUS every waking moment of your life
3: Feigns bipartisanship even though I actually believe he's fully aware that he will face obstructionism if he doesn't receive a majority Senate. This is for the centrists and moderates who really think the parties can "come together" or some shit.

A lot of folks just want to bring someone back into the office to run the country and bring back normalcy, Biden is inherently the candidate that does that.

And for people who really want shit done, Biden is currently the best chance to achieve a trifecta, which does have some major sway to people who are politically active.

Normalcy as in, trying to get a Neo Liberal elected, get a Republican and then get a enthusiastic Democrat and continue to stupid cycle until the world burns

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Idk why you think he would feign bipartisanship now, when we've seen him as VP for 8 years not feigning it.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I hope Bernie wins tonight, or that he loses decisively.

Because I do not want to start the first day of the primaries with bullshit conspiracy theories about him being robbed.

I mean, granted, I've already been hearing that nonsense, but it still digs up shit for me from 2016, because that really felt like the start of everything going wrong. I guess after last Friday, I'm not really ready for this to be finally happening.

Ah well. Ready or not, here it comes.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope Bernie wins tonight, or that he loses decisively.

Because I do not want to start the first day of the primaries with bullshit conspiracy theories about him being robbed.

I mean, granted, I've already been hearing that nonsense, but it still digs up shit for me from 2016, because that really felt like the start of everything going wrong. I guess after last Friday, I'm not really ready for this to be finally happening.

Ah well. Ready or not, here it comes.

That's going to happen no matter what and you know it

If he wins he defeated the attempts at sabotage

If he loses its rigged.

Status
Not open for further replies.