• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
You folks are the closest thing I've got to friends on this site, and I realize that's a stretch since I alternate between lurking and drunkenly ranting about Sanders when he makes me mad. I'm sitting here in the parking lot of this bar. My brother died last week, and there's a big party for him today. Yesterday was the funeral. I have no idea how to walk through that door. I don't recognize a single car in this parking lot. I'm kinda losing my shit.

I guess I'm hoping for some company while I get my nerve up. What ended up happening with Lev Parnas saying he had dirt on Lindsay Graham? Were there any receipts on that? I've been having a hard time keeping up.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god dude, I'm sorry for your loss man. I'm sorry I don't have word on Lindsay Graham and Lev Parnas, but at the very least no one should be expecting you to know the people through the door and no one should give you shit for just walking in there and sitting on the couch browsing your phone.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
You folks are the closest thing I've got to friends on this site, and I realize that's a stretch since I alternate between lurking and drunkenly ranting about Sanders when he makes me mad. I'm sitting here in the parking lot of this bar. My brother died last week, and there's a big party for him today. Yesterday was the funeral. I have no idea how to walk through that door. I don't recognize a single car in this parking lot. I'm kinda losing my shit.

I guess I'm hoping for some company while I get my nerve up. What ended up happening with Lev Parnas saying he had dirt on Lindsay Graham? Were there any receipts on that? I've been having a hard time keeping up.

I'm sorry for your loss. Were you close?

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Oh shit, I didn't mean for my post to be at the top of the page like that. I don't want to fully derail the thread. I'm having such a hard time. I found him dead in his apartment laying naked on his bedroom floor and those moments keep replaying in my head. It's kind of all I want to talk about, but I also don't want to make anyone else listen to it. I know that some friends and family of mine are on their way. It's going to be fine. Just a really shitty week.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
but she is dividing the party by lying...

I try to be realistic about the primary and avoid getting into any team sports mentality over it. Not going all-in to the point where I feel the need to let every jab or snide remark or accusation by another candidate's supporters affect how I feel about that candidate. Tensions are high, the first caucus is here, we're all this big mix of excited and worried and furious about the state of our country. And part of me trying to be realistic about the primary is: while I prefer Warren, I see she's behind in the polls, nationally and in the early states. The momentum's with Bernie. And if everything's still trending this way, it maybe makes more sense to vote for Bernie, because he's got the better shot. And I may end up doing just that. He's been my 2nd choice for a long time, far ahead of the other candidates who are still in the race.

But I still can't help feeling like Warren kind of got a raw deal here. Does everyone seriously think that she or the decision makers in her campaign thought putting the "a woman can't win in 2020" story out there would help her campaign? That she thought "Yes, this is how I'll get progressives to turn from Bernie"? It sounds so much like an attempt to get supporters of both Bernie and Warren mad at each other, to really stick a knife in that divide that had, mostly, been cordial during this campaign. Legitimate differences between candidates, strong feelings for each, but not so heavy on animosity. Now it's all "She's a liar, a snake, was waiting all this time to stab Bernie in the back and make him look sexist. She was never a progressive, she's the same as hillary, biden, she's a centrist, etc." Yet again, I have to couch this in "not all Bernie supporters," because of course it's not all of them. But it's tiring the hatred she gets for something that's a he-said-she-said discussion, and most everyone's just believing the candidate they support already anyway.

That said, I'm not letting this affect my primary vote. I'm just tired.

Last edited:

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I didn't mean for my post to be at the top of the page like that. I don't want to fully derail the thread. I'm having such a hard time. I found him dead in his apartment laying naked on his bedroom floor and those moments keep replaying in my head. It's kind of all I want to talk about, but I also don't want to make anyone else listen to it. I know that some friends and family of mine are on their way. It's going to be fine. Just a really shitty week.
I'm so sorry you're going through that, Rag. I hope you get some peace soon.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I try to be realistic about the primary and avoid getting into any team sports mentality over it. Not going all-in to the point where I feel the need to let every jab or snide remark or accusation by another candidate's supporters affect how I feel about that candidate. Tensions are high, the first caucus is here, we're all this big mix of excited and worried and furious about the state of our country. And part of me trying to be realistic about the primary is: while I prefer Warren, I see she's behind in the polls, nationally and in the early states. The momentum's with Bernie. And if everything's still trending this way, it maybe makes more sense to vote for Bernie, because he's got the better shot. And I may end up doing just that. He's been my 2nd choice for along time, far ahead of the other candidates who are still in the race.

But I still can't help feeling like Warren kind of got a raw deal here. Does everyone seriously think that she or the decision makers in her campaign thought putting out the "a woman can't win in 2020" story out there would help her campaign? That she thought "Yes, this is how I'll get progressives to turn from Bernie"? It sounds so much like an attempt to get supporters of both Bernie and Warren mad at each other, to really stick a knife in that divide that had, mostly, been cordial during this campaign. Legitimate differences between candidates, strong feelings for each, but not so heavy on animosity. Now it's all "She's a liar, a snake, was waiting all this time to stab Bernie in the back and make him look sexist. She was never a progressive, she's the same as hillary, biden, she's a centrist, etc." Yet again, I have to couch this in "not all Bernie supporters," because of course it's not all of them. But it's tiring the hatred she gets for something that's a he-said-she-said discussion, and most everyone's just believing the candidate they support already anyway.

That said, I'm not letting this affect my primary vote. I'm just tired.
Oh, I totally agree that that dust up got Warren blamed far more than Bernie.

And your thoughts totally line up with my own. I was just shitposting, though, because I am also so incredibly exhausted by all the back and forth.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sorry for your loss. Were you close?
Yeah, it was a real love hate relationship, but we were super close. We ran a business together for 13 years. He was an insane libertarian, truly insane, like 'blow up the government' insane, but he was my brother and he had a huge heart. He just got a little crazy in his politics over time. We'd fight every time we got together outside work, but it always ended with me rage crying and us hugging it out.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017

You're okay, buddy. Also it's perfectly valid for you to just stay in your car until the people you know get there. Take it easy, man.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Warren signs "Unite the Party" on the campaign trail.

DhG5TLt.jpg

Trending Topics: The Campaign.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
wow Bernie and Biden are so far apart philosophically, I wonder what they have in common. probably nothing to do with Hillary

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow Bernie and Biden are so far apart philosophically, I wonder what they have in common. probably nothing to do with Hillary
Biden being able to get Hillary voters and peel off conservative anti-Hillary voters is why Bernie vs Biden is worse for Bernie headsup than 2016.

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for what you are going through, Rag. And having to receive respect-payers that you don't know, isn't always easy and takes quite a bit of energy.

As for Parnas, I only heard last night Parnas mention Graham but for some reason he and his lawyer didn't provide any media to back up the claim, he just said Bolton's claims corroborate his. We'll see, I guess. I haven't been watching or reading any news today but my wife just showed me the story about Trump blocking more emails about Ukraine, there's new revelations every day with this and they manage to be both surprising and somehow not a surprise at the same time.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017

The shade. And of course certain Sanders surrogates are Streisanding this by not letting it die. Instead they're thinking this somehow helps them 2 days before the caucus. Sometimes just let a story die instead of trying to double and triple down how the silly useless thing is actually useful. Message discipline matters.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, it's Sanders surrogates egging it on. Not your queens spokesman enflaming the situation further after Tlaib apologized. Hillary would rather let the country die than Bernie win. She's a narcissistic egomaniac.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017

I'm really sorry, man. I wish I had something more meaningful to say.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, it's Sanders surrogates egging it on. Not your queens spokesman enflaming the situation further after Tlaib apologized. Hillary would rather let the country die than Bernie win. She's a narcissistic egomaniac.
Well, if she's indeed what you say, the best option seems to be to ignore her since people like that can't really be stopped.

Following your logic, you're giving her exactly what she wants by talking about her.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one will care about this by Monday. I'd be tremendously surprised if this had any impact outside of the endless twitter drama on both sides (lol) of the end.

But yeah the Berners need to move on. The overblown persecution complex does not look good on a winning campaign.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry to hear about that, man.

No one will care about this by Monday. I'd be tremendously surprised if this had any impact outside of the endless twitter drama on both sides (lol) of the end.

But yeah the Berners need move on. The overblown persecution complex does not look good on a winning campaign.

I guess hell froze over because I agree.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty disappointed in Hillary's shens recently. Like the line on her was always Clintonworld this, clintonworld that, but she's doing a pretty good job of demonstrating that her fierce loyalty and inability to move on from the past is like...you know, actually her achilles heel.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I mean I was hoping after Monday night we could stop relitigating 2016 and finally move on to litigating 2020, but I'm becoming more pessimistic by the day.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Not really! It's a full campaign messaging push.

I mean, maybe it works. I feel Warren is being underestimated. Her numbers in Iowa haven't dropped as drastically.

She has been winning the mock caucuses pretty cleanly so far. But those are just mocks, so 🤷‍♂️

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You guys think this is bad. Wait until Biden wins Iowa next week.
There was a story that the Sanders campaign has allegedly been hyping up his voters and base for an apparent victory in Iowa, in contrast to everyone else downplaying expectations due to how close everything is. Could be bad if he ends up not in first place on Wednesday morning.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Then you're too goofy for words, because the choice was imperfect Hillary who would champion progressive policy or a Nazi.

Obviously, I'm talking out my ass and would still vote for her if the choice was put before me.

But it's things like this that cause people to become disillusioned with the party. Apparently you're not a real Democrat unless you pledge fealty to Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sorry. I found my dad's body, too, had to give him CPR. It'll be slow, but it does get better over time. It won't be quite as vivid, it won't be like you're there, if you can just hang in there. Don't be like me and assume that PTSD requires literal hallucinations to count as a flashback. You'll get through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.