• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
cutting military spending is also incredibly unpopular but A Certain Candidate understands it's the morally correct thing to do.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the problem with her being messy is that she's the most likely one out of the squad to get a serious primary and stuff like this doesn't help given the makeup of her district.
Yep. Tlaib represents a majority-black district that Hillary carried in the primary. I imagine Biden will carry it this year. In 2018, Tlaib only won the primary by 1% and actually lost the special election primary, leading to Congresswoman Brenda Jones for two months.

So... whatever she wants to do, I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the problem with her being messy is that she's the most likely one out of the squad to get a serious primary and stuff like this doesn't help given the makeup of her district.
I mean, she lost the special election primary in 2018 by 2 percent, then won the general election primary by 1 percent, so it's not like it was a secured landslide.

Yep. Tlaib represents a majority-black district that Hillary carried in the primary. I imagine Biden will carry it this year. In 2018, Tlaib only won the primary by 1% and actually lost the special election primary, leading to Congresswoman Brenda Jones for two months.

Jones also had an abbreviated time in the House because she was sworn in late because of Paul Ryan.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, she lost the special election primary in 2018 by 2 percent, then won the general election primary by 1 percent, so it's not like it was a secured landslide.

It's also very unusual for a majority black district to be represented by a non black rep. So maybe her name rec will carry her but she's in no way secure compared to the other 3 members of the Squad. And my guess is Hillary won the primary in MI-13 fairly handily.

I also think her fundraising is the weakest of the 4 but I'd have to double check on that.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Who does she think she's drawing to Bernie by doing that? I mean she should do what she likes. But I don't see how that helps her or her preferred candidate.

Oct 25, 2017
It's also very unusual for a majority black district to be represented by a non black rep. So maybe her name rec will carry her but she's in no way secure compared to the other 3 members of the Squad. And my guess is Hillary won the primary in MI-13 fairly handily.

I also think her fundraising is the weakest of the 4 but I'd have to double check on that.
Clinton won that district in the 2016 Dem primary 66-44, roughly.

For what it is worth, I doubt she would lose a primary. She has enough name recognition and it's not like the party and other well known House members wouldn't support her. She's also well liked in the district, if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I always wonder if her name put her over. Didn't know she wasn't black till after the election. Could see her losing a primary if the right opponent came along.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people that voted for Clinton in 2016 (twice) will vote this Monday too, and she's still quite popular with Dems. So yeah, not the best thing Rashida should've done.

But hey, I don't think people will ultimately care as long as it is not the candidate themselves doing the trashing.

Oct 25, 2017
they voted for her. but is Clinton particularly well liked in her district?
Clinton won that district in the Dem primary in 2016 66 to 44 when Sanders narrowly won the state overall. Who knows how "liked" she is now, but it probably says something that she won it when losing the state. It probably doesn't matter in the end, but still.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
It's sickening, all of this. But I can only control what I can control. I'll donate. I'll vote. Other than that, I'll tend to my property, my dogs, cats and I'll take care of my family. I'll defend those who need the defense. But other than that, I'm just going to live day to day. And that's ok.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Some real galaxy-brain genius shit by Tlaib there; maybe she can come out against Obama next. Just burn all those bridges.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I live in a country with a multiparty preferential voting system, and grew up in one with a mixed member proportional system, and Joe Biden as he stands would not be in the major conservative party.

He and AOC may be in different parties but only by virtue of her being in a Green Party equivalent.

Lmao Biden would absolutely be in the LNP if he was in Australia.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's stopping anyone from launching a new impeachment hearing
the house could also have just regular hearings. like why are we not interested in Trump's taxes anymore? why aren't we looking at the emoluments clause? Like why isn't every week just a new hearing on his troubling behavior?

Effect

Oct 25, 2017

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
image0.jpg

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
That hasn't stopped Hillary who she is responding to from one of her latest podcasts.
Just because Hillary is being a piece of shit doesn't change that a majority of the Democratic primary voters voted for in 2016. Bernie is trying to have a unifying campaign, this just undermines his message.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we can boo Hilary god dam terf kissinger loving sexual assault pedophile king defending Weinstein protecting lying ass Clinton from trying to put her bitter ass fingers on the scale.

Yeah, it's really going to hurt Hillary next time she runs for office.

That's a pure deflection. Her not running doesn't make. This ok.

daschysta

Mar 24, 2019
Most dems that give a crap about Hillary aren't Sanders voters in a primary anyway. The net effect of Hillary trashing Bernie is likely positive in a primary like this.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
If Tlaib were to lose a primary challenge, I highly doubt a video 99% of voters will never even see will be the reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.