• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for calling. As a former Floridian* I know the pain that is calling Rubio over and over again.

What a spineless jerk. He stands for literally nothing. He called it like it was during the 2016 primary then got scared, receded into his shell, and hasn't held a cogent opinion on anything ever since. Even his long Medium post manages to never take any stance on whether Trump did anything or whether it would be wrong if he did. It's just hemming and hawing dressed up in pseudo-academic language and pot shots at Democrats. He's too weak to actually stand for anything.

*I still consider myself a Floridian even though I don't live there any more. It's my home. What a weird and fucked up place.

I read his excuse making post and almost threw my phone.

How does he propose holding Trump accountable to voters when it took extraordinary measures to uncover the plot he has spent months covering up?

Republicans no longer believe in democracy, which was my position on them since at least the 80's.

I love Florida, even though it's a hot mess. I feel disgusted that my son will grow up here under the leadership of these mewling fascists.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Warlocks for Warnock
VaguePowerlessBluebottle-size_restricted.gif

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

John Kelly, describing Bolton as a "copious note taker," weighs in again. He says if there are no witnesses in the impeachment trial, "they kind of leave themselves open to a lot of criticism" and "it seems it was half a trial."

They know. That's the risk they have to take.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a warning from the local commuter rail service that service may be disrupted due to potential demonstrations at grand central station.
Anyone know if there's anything going on in DC? I would love to meet up with some people in the city to demonstrate about this, but I never know where to look for these sorts of things.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Bloomberg is purposely avoiding debates knowing that they have a chance of sinking him. If his current strategy of just spending money actually gets him a chance of the nom, I'll be disappointed in this broken-ass country more than I already am.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Are there any more remarks after the witness vote? I hope there is and I hope Schiff takes the gloves off and just straight up calls all voting to acquit traitorous cowards. No more reason to try and be respectful and professional once the Senate proves they can't function that way. The joy it would bring me watching the GOP lose their minds clutching their pearls would be amazing. Murkowski might pretend to faint from the shock.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any more remarks after the witness vote? I hope there is and I hope Schiff takes the gloves off and just straight up calls all voting to acquit traitorous cowards. No more reason to try and be respectful and professional once the Senate proves they can't function that way. The joy it would bring me watching the GOP lose their minds clutching their pearls would be amazing. Murkowski might pretend to faint from the shock.

He basically is doing it now.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
In non-impeachment news:
Consumer-advocacy group Public Knowledge said the late addition to the order "may ban grants for millions of unconnected Americans." Public Knowledge Senior VP Harold Feld said:
Read broadly, this surprise last-minute change impacts almost every state in the Union. Nearly every state either has its own broadband subsidy program, receives funds under the Department of Agriculture ReConnect program, or receives other federal funding for broadband.
Even read narrowly, this would appear to cut off millions of unconnected rural Americans from a program designed explicitly to help them. According to a Pew Report published in December 2019, 35 states have funds that directly subsidize broadband. Numerous other states have funds that might qualify as a 'subsidy' or 'enforceable broadband deployment obligations,' depending on how the FCC order defines these terms.
Plus:
Specifically, Phase 1 will exclude any census block where a home Internet provider offers service with at least 25Mbps download and 3Mbps upload speeds—even if only some homes in the census block have access to that network.

Pai acknowledged in his statement at yesterday's meeting that some "partially served" areas will be ineligible for funding in Phase 1. "There are Americans living in areas where some but not all homes have service," and those areas will not get funding in Phase 1," Pai said.

Partially served areas will be eligible for funding in Phase 2, which Pai says won't happen until after the FCC fixes its broadband-mapping data.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Honestly when this all started I expected there to at least be the pretense of an actual trial with witnesses and stuff. This is beyond the pale.
People were theorizing that Mitch would immediately dismiss the impeachment entirely so we're getting more than that lol

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The level of unfettered evil from the Republicans should once and for all convince EVERYONE here to vote for the Dem nominee no matter who they are. I don't care if you're in a blue state. I don't care if you hate Biden, I don't care if you hate Sanders. Just fucking do it.

Let's destroy the Republican party.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The level of unfettered evil from the Republicans should once and for all convince EVERYONE here to vote for the Dem nominee no matter who they are. I don't care if you're in a blue state. I don't care if you hate Biden, I don't care if you hate Sanders. Just fucking do it.

I don't disagree but this would be a much better rallying call if the frontrunner wasn't buddy buddy with a bunch of these same senators

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

all truth. I will never in my life vote for a republican after this. I was way more moderate and never voted until 2016. Voted in the 2016 election and every one (we also have off year elections) in VA since along with my wife. Their behavior pushed me much further left and I'll never forget the shit they've pulled. VA alone and the LGBTQ bills and marijuana decriminalization bills they're floating amongst other changes should be a prime example of why we need to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.