• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Good one.

Like there's no evidence of the media's disdain for Bernie and his prospects. Come on.
I remember when the below was treated as proof of the media's disdain for Bernie. Citing the more liberal news network in the US to really drive it home. But then when you look at it...it's not as if Biden is not getting an equal amount of negative coverage. The only difference is that nobody keeps going "woe is the plight of Joe Biden in the face of the devilish mainstream media."

WaPo: Why Democrats who oppose abortion rights are finding it harder to remain in the party
With access to abortion under threat in red states and, potentially, from a more conservative Supreme Court, candidates for the Democratic presidential nomination have been going out of their way to reaffirm their abortion rights stances. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) tweeted "Abortion is healthcare" last week as President Trump was speaking to abortion opponents at the March for Life. In December, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) said she would wear a Planned Parenthood scarf to her inauguration.
On Sunday, during a Fox News town hall, Democrats for Life president Kristen Day asked former South Bend, Ind., mayor Pete Buttigieg whether he wanted the support of voters who oppose abortion rights. He didn't respond directly, instead reiterating his support for Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion nationwide.
"There's a crisis within our own party," Day said later in an interview, describing antiabortion Democrats as experiencing "homelessness" in the political arena.
Day said she made several efforts to meet with Buttigieg's campaign to discuss abortion, with no success. She said it was disappointing because Indiana has been a home to several Democrats who oppose abortion rights, including former U.S. senator Joe Donnelly, who served from 2013 to 2019, and former congressman Brad Ellsworth, who served from 2007 to 2011. She also pointed to how Democratic leaders are supporting Marie Newman, who is mounting a primary challenge against Rep. Daniel Lipinski (Ill.), one of the last anti-abortion rights Democrats in the House, as further proof that abortion has become a party-wide litmus test.

It's a difficult issue for sure. The positive thing is that all candidates support and will defend Roe v Wade.

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing to worry about re the coronavirus, Donald is on it. He's hard at work, scratch that nonsense, his schedule shows him leaving for Mar-a-lago by 4pm for the usual weekend of grifting.

He's saying this because the Dow is down a little bit. He doesn't really give a shit, but gives these reassuring tweets whenever the Dow falls.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Idk there's some pretty heavy evidence corroborating the Bernie Blackout thing (like him being redacted out of poll images on TV and him not getting a lot of mentions)

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018

@maggieNYT
POTUS statement: "I never instructed John Bolton to set up a meeting for Rudy Giuliani, one of the greatest corruption fighters in America and by far the greatest mayor in the history of N.Y.C., to meet with President Zelensky. That meeting never happened" https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/us/politics/trump-bolton-ukraine.html

He's lied about this at every single step. And since everyone else in the room is firmly on Team Trump, nobody else will counter his lie. So Senate Republicans will simply shrug and say "Oh well, nothing to see here."

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
lol Bolton, fuck off already.

Murkowski making it 50-50 to frustrate McConnell would be nice for a laugh, but I don't see it happening.

Stock market is tanking, whats the deal? Is it the virus and flight cancellations?
The market has been on an incredible streak the last month+, it needed some down days eventually. I wouldn't read much into it.

Oct 27, 2017
According to McCaskill, talk in Republican caucus of delaying the vote to acquit until Wednesday, which is unlike McConnell's MO but he may be facing pressure of not being able to secure all the acquittal votes without the delay.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@kaitlancollins
· 7m
FBI spokesman James Marshall tells CNN they're aware of an incident at Mar-A-Lago and have agents responding to the scene.

Kaitlan Collins

@kaitlancollins
According to the Palm Beach Sheriffs Office: A black SUV was headed towards two security check points at Mar-A-Logo...the SUV breached both security checkpoints heading toward the main entrance. Officials (still trying to determine) discharged their firearms at the vehicle.
12:52 - 31 Jan 2020

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Stock market is tanking, whats the deal? Is it the virus and flight cancellations?
Market is stuck at a resistance, plus it's been non stop up for awhile now. Right now s&p is at a support, if that breaks another 30 or so points could happen. Currently tho....monthly close is today, and well it looks nasty, gave up all gains for the month.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what the point is with Bolton leaks as it pertains to the trial. Gop has already said they don't think trump did anything worse than "inappropriate".

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That puts the vote after the State of the Union. I can only assume somebody doesn't want to acquit before that, although I have no idea why.

Romney is probably one of them. This is an easy dig into Trump for him, since Trump losses his chance to gloat.

From a more pragmatic point of view, maybe someone/people don't want him to gloat about the blatant coverup because its just horrendous optics and he's a total moron so who knows what he'd say in his victory lap.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Maybe they think if they acquit before then Trump will use the sotu to brag and insult and be more gross than usual and make them all look worse.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
That puts the vote after the State of the Union. I can only assume somebody doesn't want to acquit before that, although I have no idea why.
I mean, in a normal environment it might be considered a shot across the bow, but with the witnesses being voted down that's completely toothless.

Maybe they think if they acquit before then Trump will use the sotu to brag and insult and be more gross than usual and make them all look worse.
That's better logic, though I don't know if they're that smart.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018

Murkowski spokeswoman confirms she will vote "NO" on witnesses, statement coming shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.