• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Trolling and Hostility; Prior Ban for Hostility; Account in Junior Phase
The biggest thing you could do to the US senate in the next term would be making DC a state and letting Puerto Rico vote on statehood though.

Have fun accomplishing that with a president who supports keeping the filibuster with such passion.

Voting for Bernie is nothing else than expressing your view that you are liberal but preferring that rural white people still remain a check on those uppity colored people from urban regions. Why else would you prefer a candidate who talks a big game, but doesn't want to address any fundamental problems of the political system? Come on, just be proud of yourself that you support a president who governs the same way as Trump - by executive order - I guess that style of government bernie picked up during his honeymoon and never wanted to divert from it.

Remember though, a vote for Bernie is an expression that you yourself deeply believe that people from North Dakota are worth more than people from California. And after you've done that please think about what in your mind could be the difference between people in North Dakota and California. And one additional request afterwards, do you really think people with your opinion on minority rights is well suited to the Democratic party or is not the Republican party fundamentally better aligned on the most pressing issues today?

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Have fun accomplishing that with a president who supports keeping the filibuster with such passion.

Voting for Bernie is nothing else than expressing your view that you are liberal but preferring that rural white people still remain a check on those uppity colored people from urban regions. Why else would you prefer a candidate who talks a big game, but doesn't want to address any fundamental problems of the political system? Come on, just be proud of yourself that you support a president who governs the same way as Trump - by executive order - I guess that style of government bernie picked up during his honeymoon and never wanted to divert from it.

Remember though, a vote for Bernie is an expression that you yourself deeply believe that people from North Dakota are worth more than people from California. And after you've done that please think about what in your mind could be the difference between people in North Dakota and California. And one additional request afterwards, do you really think people with your opinion on minority rights is well suited to the Democratic party or is not the Republican party fundamentally better aligned on the most pressing issues today?

Damn!

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017

Bernie doesn't actually support keeping the filibuster

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Graham sending a Q on behalf of murko and Alexander. It's doomed.
Edit: Yup, it was a leading question saying that witnesses are not necessary.

Aug 12, 2019

How in the ever living fuck did you arrive at this conclusion or come up with any idea that any of the other candidates have proposed anything remotely far reaching enough to address the problems you're citing in the first place?

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018

Does supporting bypassing the filibuster through reconciliation over formally abolishing the filibuster really warrant such inflammatory accusations of racism?

Oct 25, 2017

So much histrionics in this post.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
If we do a poll, could we make it multi-selectable? Like, select your top 3?

Gives more flexibility to folks who are undecided or voting in later states.

Also hide usernames so folks don't get harassed ...

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017

Fascinating.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
time to wrap this shit up already.
Learned the lesson of Kavanaugh. If you're gonna take shit for pursuing a limited investigation, just skip the investigation altogether and take shit for not having one.

I gotta say, I'm still shocked. Democrats better hammer them on this on the campaign trail incessantly.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017

LOL

Oct 28, 2017
Does supporting bypassing the filibuster through reconciliation over formally abolishing the filibuster really warrant such inflammatory accusations of racism?

Does preferring a very limited range of policy passing options by supporting using reconciliation instead of abolishing the filibuster altogether (which would a allow a much broader and ambitious policy program) while at the same time for everything else screaming for maximalist, revolutionary political change warrant questions as to whose welfare the candidate appears to be most concerned?

Look I would really prefer an alternative explanation to racism of why Bernie prefers keeping the status quo intact for this single matter only! It just happens to be the one which keeps the political power of white people intact:(

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

Bless you for your courage.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

So... what does that mean if I'm a Californian voting for Bernie?

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil

This makes zero sense. I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on assumptions.

please no poll in this thread

Why not?

Results alone would be a good 10-20 page discussion. We need something to talk about before Monday night. I mean, impeachment is just meh.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Does preferring a very limited range of policy passing options by supporting using reconciliation instead of abolishing the filibuster altogether (which would a allow a much broader and ambitious policy program) while at the same time for everything else screaming for maximalist, revolutionary political change warrant questions as to whose welfare the candidate appears to be most concerned?

Look I would really prefer an alternative explanation to racism of why Bernie prefers keeping the status quo intact for this single matter only! It just happens to be the one which keeps the political power of white people intact:(

Since you can have an unlimited number of budget resolutions per year, using reconciliation does not actually limit your policy agenda beyond those limits imposed by a non-filibustering Senate.

It does seem like a dumb plan compared to not eliminating the filibuster, but nobody ever said Bernie was smart about parliamentary procedure.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Why not? As far as I can remember, there hasn't been a recent poll in which people choose who they'd currently vote for, and the results would be interesting. I'd like to see if they're comparable to the primary OT thread or not.

Polls are bad for democracy

I personally don't want to know who people will vote for

This makes zero sense. I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on assumptions.

Why not?

Results alone would be a good 10-20 page discussion. We need something to talk about before Monday night. I mean, impeachment is just meh.

The idea of ten pages of discussion of the results of the poll is exactly why it would be absolutely horrendous to have a poll

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since you can have an unlimited number of budget resolutions per year, using reconciliation does not actually limit your policy agenda beyond those limits imposed by a non-filibustering Senate.

It does seem like a dumb plan compared to not eliminating the filibuster, but nobody ever said Bernie was smart about parliamentary procedure.
Yeah, I don't see the Senate being more open to abusing reconciliation to the limit than they would be nuking the filibuster.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

13-wojak_00.w1200.h630.jpg

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "Bernie Sanders is a racist because he thinks North Dakota should have two senators" attack adds would be brutal.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Polls are bad for democracy

I personally don't want to know who people will vote for

The idea of ten pages of discussion of the results of the poll is exactly why it would be absolutely horrendous to have a poll
We could protect voters by hiding names in results, could be interesting, especially so close to Monday.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
How about every single time someone has the urge to get into a stupid useless argument about nuking the filibuster everyone stops posting and donates to someone who's running in Maine, Georgia, Colorado, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona and Alaska.

This constant nonsense is stupid and actually puts the people who we need to even have control of the body in the first place in a terrible spot. A Democratic nominee who is arguing killing the buster all the time is exactly what Republican senators playing defense want.

so how about we all shut the fuck up, win the senate and figure out what to do with it when we actually have control of it.

do you people even know how little bargaining room we have here. We are potentially one seat away from a dem president who won't even be able to fill cabinet positions, let alone judges

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
How about every single time someone has the urge to get into a stupid useless argument about nuking the filibuster everyone stops posting and donates to someone who's running in Maine, Georgia, Colorado, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona and Alaska.

This constant nonsense is stupid and actually puts the people who we need to even have control of the body in the first place in a terrible spot. A Democratic nominee who is arguing killing the buster all the time is exactly what Republican senators playing defense want.

so how about we all shut the fuck up, win the senate and figure out what to do with it when we actually have control of it.

do you people even know how little bargaining room we have here. We are potentially one seat away from a dem president who won't even be able to fill cabinet positions, let alone judges

Trump already showed us that you don't need the Senate to fill every cabinet post.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
I wish Schiff would just say "of course it's impeachable, he's already been impeached" every time they ask presidents council " would it be impeachable"

"the question you must ask is should he be removed and the answer is yes"

Status
Not open for further replies.