• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

(((Harry Enten))) on Twitter

“I've looked at this a number of different ways from a number of different sources... Sanders, at this point, looks to be on track to get something like ~40%+ of the dels on Super Tuesday... unless something shifts.”

twitter.com

Nate Cohn on Twitter

“The newest wave of live interview national polls tells a fairly clear story: Sanders advancing near 30% with Bloomberg's momentum blunted, positioning Sanders to win around half of delegates on Super Tues. Quite possible, though not so clear in state polls, at least not yet.”

Oct 27, 2017
Trump's also in a uniquely stupid position where's he gonna have to go Red Scare without actually demonizing Russia. I mean I wouldn't bet against people holding two cognitively dissonant dumb thoughts in their heads at the same time, but it's a harder angle for him than literally anyone else.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
If Bloomberg stays in the race past the point where we know Bernie's delegate lead is insurmountable.... that would, you know, be a thing.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Biden remains the only candidate Trump is terrified of running against. He probably goes to bed every night now laughing that he collapsed. He would've been blown out in the 4-5 states that actually matter these days by a more competent Biden whereas he'll feel supremely confident there against Bernie.

Let's hope his arrogance bites him in his massive ass.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Axios on Twitter

“A group of women progressives who back Elizabeth Warren has formed Persist PAC, a super PAC airing pro-Warren ads starting Wednesday in an effort to boost her performance ahead of the crucial Nevada caucuses, a spokesman has told Axios https://t.co/eFt0o2AUAD”

Not Warren approved.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This bedwetting over Sanders and Trump really wanting him reminds me of 2016 where Dems were begging for Trump because he'd be so easy to defeat.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
This bedwetting over Sanders and Trump really wanting him reminds me of 2016 where Dems were begging for Trump because he'd be so easy to defeat.
I don't think it was that Trump would be so easy to defeat, but that Hillary was polling better against Trump than all of the other republican frontrunners in late 2015, if I recall.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Symone Sanders is probably already looking for an escape off the sinking Biden ship.

Bernie should have her back, she's a pretty good surrogate. Brianha should stick to Twitter.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm really not a fan of President Troll inserting himself into the Dem primaries, just like he won't keep his mouth shut when he's finally out of the WH. This was a good response to him though. Peak projection Trump as usual.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, fire this woman! See if you can get Simone Sanders back. She was the best part of Bernie's 2016 campaign.

And, remember when Nina Turner said Hillary fainting was somehow a cover up? Good times good times.

God why is she so awful? Why does Sanders have such awful people around him? Why do Sanders fans handwave this stuff away? Cutting loose shitty staff will make him stronger for the GE!

Also he really should release his medical records. Either there's nothing interesting in there or there are legit issues in there and then we shouldn't nominate him if he might die or become hospitalized during a GE campaign. I dunno like this should be a non-issue but its becoming one and I'm getting concerned.

I don't like that Bernie doesn't scare Trump.
This definitely scares me. Other than Warren this is clearly who he wants to run against.

I'm not going to take at face value Trump knows who will be easiest to beat. "Blah blah Dems were hoping for Trump to win the nomination since he's be so easy to beat blah blah"

Oct 28, 2017
Biden remains the only candidate Trump is terrified of running against. He probably goes to bed every night now laughing that he collapsed. He would've been blown out in the 4-5 states that actually matter these days by a more competent Biden whereas he'll feel supremely confident there against Bernie.

Let's hope his arrogance bites him in his massive ass.

What? This is the man who has never won a single state in the presidential primaries and only got into the Whitehouse because a black man carried him there.

He's a perpetual loser, he was only winning polls because of Obama. The minute he showed the world that he doesn't know the first thing about running the campaign, he tanked.

If he can't even win the primaries, what makes you think he can run a general election campaign?

AdrianG4

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I kinda enjoy Bloomberg's twitter persona, but I have a feeling that he just hired the social media manager behind the Wendy's twitter account to throw shade at Trump.

Is he really this good at talking shit IRL ?

Last edited:

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I don't think it was that Trump would be so easy to defeat, but that Hillary was polling better against Trump than all of the other republican frontrunners in late 2015, if I recall.
That was always most certainly a thing. As for polling, we should know by now that the GOP always comes home. Yeah, the Clinton polls showed a wide gap at some points, but in the end, they came home - especially in the right places. They always do. They always have decent to good turnout. They fall in line no matter how shitty the candidate.

Our concern needs to be exciting the base - because that's the only way Dems seem to be able to show up. Does he have an inspiring message or not? Can he excite the entire party to show out? If he can, we have a legit chance at winning. If we pull another 2016, then we're toast.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not a fan of President Troll inserting himself into the Dem primaries, just like he won't keep his mouth shut when he's finally out of the WH. This was a good response to him though. Peak projection Trump as usual.

God I don't want twitter wars between two geriatrics.

I hope Bloomberg shits himself on stage tonight. Metaphorically speaking.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Also he really should release his medical records. Either there's nothing interesting in there or there are legit issues in there and then we shouldn't nominate him if he might die or become hospitalized during a GE campaign. I dunno like this should be a non-issue but its becoming one and I'm getting concerned.
He absolutely should not release his full medical records, unless you want to watch "Dr." Chris Matthews over on MSNBC along with the rest of the media play armchair diagnostician and tell us how Bernie's going to die any day now.

What he's released already is sufficient.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Huge turnout in the Nevada Caucuses.

Early voting has hit 70,000. Only 84k turned out for caucus day 2016.

twitter.com

Jon Ralston on Twitter

“NEWS: Stunning last day of turnout for Nevada caucus: Not all ballots counted but the number Tuesday was about the same as the first three days COMBINED. Upwards of 33,000. So about 70,000 total. Perspective: 84K turned out on Caucus Day in ‘16, with no early voting. Damn.”

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Huge turnout in the Nevada Caucuses.

Early voting has hit 70,000. Only 84k turned out for caucus day 2016.

twitter.com

Jon Ralston on Twitter

“NEWS: Stunning last day of turnout for Nevada caucus: Not all ballots counted but the number Tuesday was about the same as the first three days COMBINED. Upwards of 33,000. So about 70,000 total. Perspective: 84K turned out on Caucus Day in ‘16, with no early voting. Damn.”
Good stuff, hopefully this carries over to the other states.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
If Bloomberg stays in the race past the point where we know Bernie's delegate lead is insurmountable.... that would, you know, be a thing.

Ha, after all the disadvantages Sanders has had to overcome so far, that move would be barely noticeable.

Put into perspective like that, it's extra funny how such a minor thing has Hillary still angry after all this time.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's funny the media is biting on this when Sanders has released more records and tax returns than Bloomberg.

The line for apology in Jake Tapper's mind is equating a heart stent surgery with Bernie's heart stent surgery after his heart attack, not Bloomberg's decades of surveillance, sexism, transphobia and racism.

This is when Jake Tapper is militant about the truth and honor.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Jonathan Topaz @JonathanTopaz

BREAKING: The Eleventh Circuit unanimously upholds our injunction against the law restricting Florida's Amendment 4

"Denying access to the franchise to those genuinely unable to pay solely on account of wealth" is unconstitutional.@ACLU @ACLUFL @NAACP_LDF @BrennanCenter

10:01 AM - Feb 19, 2020

Kira Lerner @kira_lerner

BREAKING: An appeals court just ruled that Florida can't require the payment of fines and fees to vote https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000170-5df6-de37-af75-fff66b8f0000 …

10:19 AM - Feb 19, 2020

Chris Geidner @chrisgeidner

Next steps for the state could either be acceptance and moving forward — which I imagine is unlikely — seeking en banc review from the full 11th Circuit, or seeking Supreme Court review.​

10:46 AM - Feb 19, 2020

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to go full Astros fan on defending Bernie not releasing his medical records.

Bloomberg should be putting his money into the down ballot races, as that's where the Dems are going to get hurt if Bernie is at the top of the ticket.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Good stuff, hopefully this carries over to the other states.

Unlikely. The increase here appears to be from people who couldn't typically caucus due to work obligations, or the process itself just being onerous.

Nevada has 3 million people in it. Only 84k showing up to vote is abysmal. New Hampshire has less than half the population and 70k turned out to vote JUST for Buttigieg. So this is Nevada getting participation back up to where everyone else is because caucuses are terrible.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

BREAKING: The Eleventh Circuit unanimously upholds our injunction against the law restricting Florida's Amendment 4

"Denying access to the franchise to those genuinely unable to pay solely on account of wealth" is unconstitutional.@ACLU @ACLUFL @NAACP_LDF @BrennanCenter

Kira Lerner @kira_lerner

BREAKING: An appeals court just ruled that Florida can't require the payment of fines and fees to vote https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000170-5df6-de37-af75-fff66b8f0000 …

Next steps for the state could either be acceptance and moving forward — which I imagine is unlikely — seeking en banc review from the full 11th Circuit, or seeking Supreme Court review.

GET FUCKED DERACIST

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Kira Lerner @kira_lerner

Next steps for the state could either be acceptance and moving forward — which I imagine is unlikely — seeking en banc review from the full 11th Circuit, or seeking Supreme Court review.

I'm sure this Supreme Court will have no issues with this blatant poll tax.

Oct 25, 2017
No one cares I'm sure but here's a lengthy article about how the first debate between Markey and Joe Kennedy III went. Joe is such a smarmy little piece of shit.

www.boston.com

3 big disputes from the first Senate primary debate between Ed Markey and Joe Kennedy

Sen. Ed Markey and Rep. Joe Kennedy III went head to head for the first time in their blockbuster Senate primary race Tuesday night. In a debate hosted by WGBH […]
The sole commenter being a Kennedy stan lol. Joe is a piece of shit for this. Claiming he'd be more progressive when he barely just started supporting marijuana legalization. Fuck outta here.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Poliera go 5 minutes without calling black women dumb morons challenge
I don't think her race or gender has anything to do with her going on CNN and making false claims about another candidate. She has clarified her statement in that recent tweet but she still made a fool out of herself on TV.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think her race or gender has anything to do with her going on CNN and making false claims about another candidate. She has clarified her statement in that recent tweet but she still made a fool out of herself on TV.
She made a mistake, oh no. Good thing the white surrogates for every other candidate are paragons of intelligence and poise.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
www.cnet.com

Why Rudy Giuliani's Twitter typos are a security fail

When one letter off leads you to malicious advertisements rather than the former cybersecurity czar's website.

Hackers have been taking advantage of typos in tweets by the former New York City mayor, buying the mistyped domain names and redirecting visitors to a fake page designed to spread malware rather than to the original page that Giuliani had meant to type.
Jerome Segura, a director of threat intelligence at cybersecurity company Malwarebytes, discovered a tweet sent Sunday with a blatant typo that led to a website prompting visitors to download a Google Chrome extension, which would read people's browsing history and change their default search engine.
Giuliani didn't respond to a request for comment.

www.axios.com

Hackers use Rudy Giuliani's Twitter typos to spread malware

The president's personal lawyer has more than 650,000 followers.

Enmmofg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.