• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie posting the numbers with Latinos that people expected from Biden with black voters that made many believe his nomination was seemingly inevitable

if he nearly matches others will black voters and narrowly wins with white voters while posting massive numbers with Latinos Super Tuesday will be an absolute sweep

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017

Katherine Faulders
@KFaulders

MORE BARR:"I'm not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody... whether it's Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president...I'm gonna do what I think is right.And you know…I cannot do my job here at the dept with a constant background commentary that undercuts me."

3:05pm · 13 Feb 2020 · Twitter Web App

I guess Trump will be looking for a new AG soon?

Barr isn't going anywhere unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2017

Katherine Faulders
@KFaulders

MORE BARR:"I'm not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody... whether it's Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president...I'm gonna do what I think is right.And you know…I cannot do my job here at the dept with a constant background commentary that undercuts me."

Is this "I'm ready for the 5th stage of White House employment now?"

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie posting the numbers with Latinos that people expected from Biden with black voters that made many believe his nomination was seemingly inevitable

if he nearly matches others will black voters and narrowly wins with white voters while posting massive numbers with Latinos Super Tuesday will be an absolute sweep
Latinos unfortunately aren't as spread out across the ST states like America's black population is, but I think this is pointing towards a 35%+ rout in California. Maybe more if Warren falls off.

Also, we have to see if Texas latinos are supporting him at the same rates.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

Katherine Faulders
@KFaulders

he'd be an idiot if he is. barr is a loyal soldier. barr is lamenting that it's hard to pull off doing trump's dirty work when trump is yelling about it on twitter

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
he'd be an idiot if he is. barr is a loyal soldier. barr is lamenting that it's hard to pull off doing trump's dirty work when trump is yelling about it on twitter
Ding, ding, ding!

This is Barr saying to Trump "hey, buddy, you're making it much harder for me to cover up your crimes, look out for your friends, and investigate your enemies by tweeting so much."

And he did the smart thing by doing this interview on ABC rather than Fox News so he can appear sympathetic to the non-crazies. This is pure CYA from Barr.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Critiquing the boss is never a good idea, even if you have his "best interests" in mind.
He probably got a pass to critique this time, behind the scenes he is doing everything trump asks of him. He just doesn't want the media to run with the narrative that there is absolute corruption which there is.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Latinos unfortunately aren't as spread out across the ST states like America's black population is, but I think this is pointing towards a 35%+ rout in California. Maybe more if Warren falls off.

Also, we have to see if Texas latinos are supporting him at the same rates.
Incredibly unlikely, but the dream scenario for Sanders is somehow holding everyone else under 15% in California and basically ending it right there.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This Culinary thing is such a massive blow up.

I heard that while the bosses dislike Sanders/M4A, the rank/file members are in support of Sanders (which is consistent because Bernie leads in union support 3:1 against other candidates). This all seemed like such manufactured drama by the higher ups and it's the type of shit that gives credence to the whole "ESTABLISHMENT TRYING TO GET BERNIE!" conspiracies when it's probably just a bunch of union bosses being greedy fucks.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly unlikely, but the dream scenario for Sanders is somehow holding everyone else under 15% in California and basically ending it right there.
I tried to Google this but, partially due to my internet connection being throttled to dial-up speeds ATM, no luck: What happens when candidates don't hit 15% in primaries? Let's say for simple math that Bernie gets 40% of the vote, Bloomberg gets 20%, no other candidates break 15%. Do two-thirds of delegates go to Bernie and one-third to Bloomberg?

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I tried to Google this but, partially due to my internet connection being throttled to dial-up speeds ATM, no luck: What happens when candidates don't hit 15% in primaries? Let's say for simple math that Bernie gets 40% of the vote, Bloomberg gets 20%, no other candidates break 15%. Do two-thirds of delegates go to Bernie and one-third to Bloomberg?

Basically.

A lot of delegates are actually based on congressional district, not state-wide, but yeah, in such a situation, Bernie & Bloomberg would split almost all of the delegates in the way you stated, aside if say, Biden or Warren got above 15% in a random congressional district.

Uzuzu

Nov 18, 2017
This Culinary thing is such a massive blow up.

I heard that while the bosses dislike Sanders/M4A, the rank/file members are in support of Sanders (which is consistent because Bernie leads in union support 3:1 against other candidates). This all seemed like such manufactured drama by the higher ups and it's the type of shit that gives credence to the whole "ESTABLISHMENT TRYING TO GET BERNIE!" conspiracies when it's probably just a bunch of union bosses being greedy fucks.

Yeah the non endorsement even tho the leaders dislike sanders basically confirms that the rank and file are for him

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Delegates are also allocated on a CD level as well as statewide (see: Klobuchar getting 1 in Iowa), but yeah for the most part it would be a 2:1 split for Sanders:Bloomberg in that scenario.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm AOC already sees the likely future healthcare outcome...

I guess AOC is no longer a true progressive lol.

I doubt there is much to this, AOC will still be for M4A in primary and GE but if Sanders become president she and other progressive Democrats will have to concede to a public option M4A just so something gets passed.

Tankette

Oct 30, 2017

Katherine Faulders
@KFaulders

Oh, fuck off, you authoritarian bootlicker.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Part of the issue with the Trump admin is news outlets still take the statements at face value assuming comments are being made in good faith. I'm sure the expectation is to be objective, but it ends up being blasted out that 'there's no actual issue here' for the admin, when in fact they're just lighting fires the moment the mic is off. With that many prosecutors dropping out from the Stone case, it's basically a bald faced lie that Barr isn't just doing the dirty work through the DOJ for Trump no matter what he says, he's done the deed, there's no reason to assume otherwise.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I guess AOC is no longer a true progressive lol.

I doubt there is much to this, AOC will still be for M4A in primary and GE but if Sanders become president she and other progressive Democrats will have to concede to a public option M4A just so something gets passed.
...I can't roll my eyes hard enough. The shit Warren got. Politics makes Finance seem picturesque.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

People who think Bernie and others would never compromise to a public option are deluding themselves. That isn't to say they won't push M4A to the very end, but clearly no one wants to keep the current money-bleeding husk we call a healthcare system right now.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
...I can't roll my eyes hard enough. The shit Warren got. Politics makes Finance seem picturesque.
Warren is a competitor, AOC isn't. Warren wouldn't have gotten nearly as much blow back if she wasn't a candidate (and if she had her plan on deck from day 1).

It's still 0 reason to attack someone who has the actual most realistic M4A plan. The attacks against Warren have always been unfounded and got really nasty when there was that whole "woman president" debacle.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Personally I blame a lot of the response of whoever was advising the Warren campaign, a lot of the media zero'd in on her but even if you want to call the Sanders campaign full of shit, you still barrel through the media focus and just stick to the message. If the public was genuinely concerned for how much things cost outside the moment, deficit hawks would actually be shitting their pants right now. I'd actually blame a lot of odd missteps on the Warren campaign advisers thus far. Anyway, that aside...

This lady is trash as trash gets.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
From that earlier thread:

twitter.com

Blake Zeff on Twitter

“One reason it all works so well is that Mike & the team he was able to acquire, are smart. Other rich candidates have failed. But Mike's team has a combo that's rare - maybe even unprecedented - in U.S. politics: unlimited money, elite intelligence & Machiavellian ethics. 14/17”

Unlimited money, elite intelligence are really good!

Make no mistake Bloomberg is all about just how much Democrats are ok with noble ends , dubious means. In a normal year, no way no how. This year is not a normal year and Trump is not a normal Republican.

I just hope that when we're done with this we don't have a "hans, are we the baddies" moment ourselves.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

Which states have more Latinos than AA's voting in the Dem primaries? Nevada, California, New Mexico, maybe Texas?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking dying at the Politico article about Culinary endorsing no one. The jabs at Biden:
www.politico.com

Nevada's powerful Culinary Union declines to endorse a 2020 candidate

Joe Biden had been in the running for the group's support.

But Biden's losses in Iowa and New Hampshire were so big that union leadership was concerned about the risks of getting involved, according to three sources familiar with the union's politics.

"If the union thought it could make a difference, it would," said one top Democrat in the state who is not aligned with any candidate. "Bernie Sanders basically tied in Iowa, he won New Hampshire and he has momentum heading into Nevada. So there's not much incentive for the union to get involved now."
lmfaoooooooo

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Ocasio-Cortez ― one of the most outspoken advocates for Medicare for All ― said she thought voters understood there was an "inherent check" on the president's ability to actually change things like our health care system.

Gurl. We elected Trump. MILLIONS of people voted for Trump. Voters are complete idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.