• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I also find it objectionable to see anyone prop up Bloomberg as a "Never-Bernie" candidate. I can understand someone like Warren, but Bloomberg is the worst-case scenario. His nomination should mean the Democratic Party has been completely ransacked and bought off to the point of no-return. I am seeing a lot of people, not necessarily from here, but on places like MSNBC promoting Bloomberg as some kind of strong-man candidate to beat Bernie and Trump.

Bloomberg ran New York City like a fascistic oligarch and I fear what he will promote in America in the name of "pragmatism."

Their idea of just beating Trump means to do anything, even if it's to play in a way that shows the same level of corruption that allowed a figure like Trump to be seen as a sincere candidate in the first place. Lining up for Bloomberg really says so much to me. It shows people really think the wealthy will look out for the rest of us, and we need to find one of The Good Ones.

But are there actual good ones? Honestly? Probably not. People prefer suffering that is familiar to them. This means people would be more comfortable with neoliberalism of a decade ago as opposed to the current issues of neonationalism. The problem here is the suffering itself. People would love to go back to a 2015 pre-Trump America, but that was also a terrible time.

Ultimately though lining up around Bloomberg really solidifies the idea this country is for the elite, the affluent, and that all concepts of a society "for the people" and ambitions of democracy are dead and gone. They're dying now with Trump, but will not return under a President Bloomberg.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All this stuff coming out about Bloomberg, it should be enough to make people go 'lol, nah'. But in the age of Trump, where 'Nothing Matters'...

I hope Bernie is able to rally people to his banner like he claims. Because if Bloomberg is able to pull of a victory... I'll vote for him over Trump, but man oh man would that say some depressing things about the American electorate. And let's be honest; a Bloomberg candidacy would probably tear ResetEra apart.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Dave Wasserman on Twitter

“New Hampshire primary votes cast in... 2012: Obama: 49,080 Republicans: 248,211 2020: Trump: 129,696 Democrats: 296,622 For a state that's voted blue the past four presidential elections, that's a pretty decent show of force for Trump (in a non-seriously contested primary).”

Literally no one thinks Republicans aren't going to be motivated to vote. Thanks Dave

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Just so everyone is aware, Alabama Daily News is a front operation for fake news from the Trump campaign. I have no idea of the validity of that poll, but they're legitimately fake news.

Also, re: billionaires running in the primary. Like...what are we supposed to do? If your net worth is above "X" you cannot run? Self funding yourself is totally legal. Steyer is spending like $1900 a vote and getting no where. Like, what is the alternative?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

twitter.com

Dave Wasserman on Twitter

“New Hampshire primary votes cast in... 2012: Obama: 49,080 Republicans: 248,211 2020: Trump: 129,696 Democrats: 296,622 For a state that's voted blue the past four presidential elections, that's a pretty decent show of force for Trump (in a non-seriously contested primary).”

This is inline with the special elections where Democrats are winning in Alabama and Kentucky. People are energized like never before to vote for Democrats. I think its gonna be a landslide.

If none of the others drop out, Sanders will win this. I'm ready for his pitbull staffers to go ham on Republicans.

If others drop out it could be a close race.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess all the black support Bloomberg is garnering means that those voters also support racism.

Orrrrrrrrr maybe going with the devil that might be reined in by the party is better than allowing the devil who is currently making it harder for black folks to fight housing and job discrimination to keep running things.

Who knows?

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Pretty much every 80s cartoon was made specifically to sell toys, like they made a toy and built the cartoon around it. The day I found this out was a hard one.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
This is the advertisement Mike Bloomberg is blasting out over the airwaves in the Philly media market every other commercial break for about two weeks.

It looks like an endorsement.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Also, re: billionaires running in the primary. Like...what are we supposed to do? If your net worth is above "X" you cannot run? Self funding yourself is totally legal. Steyer is spending like $1900 a vote and getting no where. Like, what is the alternative?
The DNC could have kicked him out and not done backflips to get him in a debate when he was previously not accepting donations to prevent going onto the debate.

Also the whole issue of the guy being able to buy support from his multiple years of supporting other politicans. And the conflicts of interest that happen when your net worth is the equivalent of a nation.

absolutely unreal.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Pretty much every 80s cartoon was made specifically to sell toys, like they made a toy and built the cartoon around it. The day I found this out was a hard one.
If you haven't, watch the documentary series "The Toys That Made Us" on Netflix. It goes behind the scenes of a lot of the toys from the 80s/90s. Shit's great.
Was at Wal-Mart with my parents looking for a Christmas present for my niece in December, and I saw that they had made an updated Lite Bright. Almost bought it right then and there.
They ruined it! My kids have one. It's no where near as awesome as it used to be.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Robert Costa @costareports

Sen. Susan Collins tells me the president must "play no role whatsoever when it comes to sentencing recommendations" — and said she planned to call WH to discuss Stone matter.

Should there be hearings? Says she's not sure yet, but has Qs for AG Barr. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-seeks-to-bend-the-executive-branch-as-part-of-impeachment-vendetta/2020/02/12/8b712e18-4dc9-11ea-9b5c-eac5b16dafaa_story.html …

8:57 PM - Feb 12, 2020

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Warren's been crossing a union picket line in Nevada. yiiiiiiiikes.

Jun 20, 2019
Require Bloomberg or any other politician who owns media to divest those holdings as a mandatory step before they can select delegates.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is the advertisement Mike Bloomberg is blasting out over the airwaves in the Philly media market every other commercial break for about two weeks.

It looks like an endorsement.

This man really is taking Biden's place. Even got the "I worked with Obama" cred on deck.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
The DNC could have kicked him out and not done backflips to get him in a debate when he was previously not accepting donations to prevent going onto the debate.

Also the whole issue of the guy being able to buy support from his multiple years of supporting other politicans. And the conflicts of interest that happen when your net worth is the equivalent of a nation.

absolutely unreal.
But....again, kicked him out for what? For not being a Democrat long enough? Because that's a can of worms right there. Like, I'm just not sure what we should kick him out for. Like I said, I don't want him to be the nominee. I will vote for literally anyone (except Tulsi) to stop him from being the nominee, but I just don't see what the DNC was supposed to do.

As to the debate thing, oh hell no. I want his ass on the debate stage. No one in the race has the money to combat his ad advantage. Period. If you do not let him on the stage, you are letting him not have to defend ANY of his record. You're cheating voters out of the chance to see him perform and see if he has the whatever to be the nominee. Why shouldn't he have to get up there and defend his record when everyone else has to?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
They ruined it! My kids have one. It's no where near as awesome as it used to be.
They don't want to get sued for burning children's hands

Susan Collins has to get hit by a slow moving blimp.
This one:
trump-baby-blimp-2-gty-jt-180713_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
It's playing a ton here in Kentucky, too
Have you seen ads for any other candidates?

It feels like Bloomberg's strategy is to buy viability without going to any of the early states to actually campaign by dumping tons of money into ads.

A lot of people probably only know him though those ads. He's hoping to parlay that into winning a lot of delegates Super Tuesday onward where there won't be a lot of campaigns able to cover all the states.

It's annoying, but I don't think it's going to work.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
But....again, kicked him out for what? For not being a Democrat long enough? Because that's a can of worms right there. Like, I'm just not sure what we should kick him out for. Like I said, I don't want him to be the nominee. I will vote for literally anyone (except Tulsi) to stop him from being the nominee, but I just don't see what the DNC was supposed to do.

As to the debate thing, oh hell no. I want his ass on the debate stage. No one in the race has the money to combat his ad advantage. Period. If you do not let him on the stage, you are letting him not have to defend ANY of his record. You're cheating voters out of the chance to see him perform and see if he has the whatever to be the nominee. Why shouldn't he have to get up there and defend his record when everyone else has to?
If we kick out Bloombito for not being a Dem long enough we need to kick Bernard out for, you know, not actually being a Democrat.

·feist·

Oct 26, 2017
sports.yahoo.com

Rep. Jim Jordan accused of participating in OSU sexual abuse cover-up by ex-wrestler

Jim Jordan reportedly called a former OSU wrestler and "cried, groveled... begged" him to help Jordan cover up his involvement in the abuse.

Former OSU Wrestler: Jim Jordan 'Called Me Crying' After Strauss Abuse Allegation | NBC News

The brother of the Ohio State University whistleblower is claiming that Rep. Jim Jordan asked him to "go against" his brother after being accused of overlooking the sexual abuse of male wrestlers by the team doctor, Richard Strauss.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
Warren's been crossing a union picket line in Nevada. yiiiiiiiikes.

The tweet is from last year, but if you read the article it says.:

A Warren campaign spokesperson told CBS News that the incident in question involved two advance staff members and claimed that there was no picket line. The spokesperson says the campaign apologized to the Culinary Union "weeks ago when we realized it."

It wasn't Warren herself, but the campaign messed up and apologized.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Kick him out [or rather keep him out of the primary race] for not divesting media holdings.
Like, this, I'm okay with. But, again, that would have to apply to next time not this time. You shouldn't just change the rules of who can run halfway through.

I just don't know what rationale we have for saying he can't run in our primary. And like if the DNC started doing that, we all know what a can of worms that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.