• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
Lmao maybe the vitriol between warren and sanders factions will take some of the bitterness out of Biden getting the nom.
"AT LEAST ITS NOT HIM/HER!"

This fight for second place helps neither of them.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017

House Dems are set to demand that the State Department account for Yovanovitch's safety during her stalking, in light of explosive Lev Parnas documents, aide tells me.

Pompeo's stonewalling suddenly looks much worse.

That and more in my new piece: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/15/four-big-takeaways-explosive-lev-parnas-documents/ …

Uh yeah. The State Department knew what the fuck was going on if they were concerned for her safety and literally put her on the next flight out of there.

This whole thing is an omega yikes.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My friend mentioning that Steyer seemed more trustworthy than Warren last night just reinforces to me that social media tribalism is cancer.

I'm tired

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju
· 17m
Possible impeachment managers? I spotted the following people just arrive to Pelosi's office. They all declined to comment. She has a presser at 10am
Schiff
Nadler
Hakeem Jeffries
Jason Crow
Val Demings

Manu Raju

@mkraju
Clinton trial had 13 impeachment managers. So we will see if there are more than this group - if this is the group - but the expectation in the House had been that it would be smaller than 13. Though Pelosi didn't tell anyone
09:53 - 15 Jan 2020

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Uh yeah. The State Department knew what the fuck was going on if they were concerned for her safety and literally put her on the next flight out of there.

This whole thing is an omega yikes.
Yep. It's goign to turn out that they knew, they knew it was Rudy, and they used it as a pretext to get her out because that's what Trump wanted, instead of going after them for threatening an Amabassador.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
predictions on who the post debate polls have rising?

i think both Bernie and Warren see a tiny decrease.
Biden rises out of fear
Amy drops
Pete drops
Steyer rises (from 1 to 3) lol

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
For the inevitable "I don't know him" Trump tweet:

Lots of photos of this Hyde person (who can't pay child support but who can donate enough to hobnob with all the top GOP) with all the usual suspects.

Edit: I see Rand, Guiliani, Pence, Trump, Meadows?, Flynn(!), Don Jr., Chris Christie, and Roger Stone. A veritable who's who of slime.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju

The seven impeachment managers

EOVNAR8WoAM0WG9

10:09 - 15 Jan 2020

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
For the inevitable "I don't know him" Trump tweet:

Lots of photos of this Hyde person (who can't pay child support but who can donate enough to hobnob with all the top GOP) with all the usual suspects.

Edit: I see Rand, Guiliani, Pence, Trump, Meadows?, Flynn(!), Don Jr., Chris Christie, and Roger Stone. A veritable who's who of slime.

Ivanka and the other one too:

He was with Trump and McCarthy at the World Series, can't walk back that kind of public appearance.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Except that he wants to put a strict two terms limit on the presidency, if I'm following this correctly.
I see it more as a transfer the powers of President to the Council, which has traditionally been advisory, then control that. Weaken the Presidency altogether since he won't be in it. THe term limits are a red herring so he can say "I will certainly not run for President, I want to respect the consitutional limits".

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Except that he wants to put a strict two terms limit on the presidency, if I'm following this correctly.
There already is one in place, two consecutive terms are possible but apparently there is no limit on how many of these terms are possible. However he might also want to retire after the next two terms and has no interest in another switcharoo after the next (or get himself cryo'ed to "serve" in all eternity).

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Nadler....really? i thought he did quite poorly in the hearings. Schiff is good, i don't know if I'd bench him solely because the right has went crazy with the "Schiff show" stuff, I still think him summarizing Trump's phone call the way he did was a hack move that made what actually happened less serious.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi = Elrond
Schiff = Aragorn or maybe Frodo
Nadler = Sam

anyway someone's gotta take the articles to mt doom and it looks like we got our fellowship.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Nadler....really? i thought he did quite poorly in the hearings. Schiff is good, i don't know if I'd bench him solely because the right has went crazy with the "Schiff show" stuff, I still think him summarizing Trump's phone call the way he did was a hack move that made what actually happened less serious.

I suspect because he's Judiciary Chair, you almost have to have him up there.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Trump's going to win this year. I'm just resigned to it now after this infighting shit.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pelosi sees time like a place you can go, a mountain you can cross over.

In her perception, Trump is impeached and will always be impeached.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For the life of me I can't fucking grasp people's inability to handle a primary.

Primary with a clear leader and little actual fighting? Preordained! Fraud! We need a real primary that voices the will of the people!

Primary that started as a clown car and has people actually trying to win? Chaos! We'll never win unless we unite under a single clear leader! We need a real primary with no fighting or conflict!

Status
Not open for further replies.