• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju
How today will play out
- Pelosi names managers at 10a
- House votes to name managers
- Pelosi holds ceremony to sign papers at 5p; House clerk signs papers
- Managers walk over to Senate to deliver message from House approx 5:15pET; articles delivered tomorrow and read aloud
08:44 - 15 Jan 2020

Last edited:

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I get wanting to focus on what Trump did, it should be front page news for the whole week.

But I'm sick of the shitheaded casual bigotry going unabated on the left. And it always fucks up left movements. And it is always from the same dudes ill equipped to handle diverse audiences acting up because they chose to ignore nuance for the "bigger picture".

And then wonder why a section of people make their own off shoot branch because they don't want to fuck with them.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
The Bernie stans saying that Warren is a liar is really telling about what they really believe.

They're making it worse for everyone. Having a cult-like following does not help the progressive cause.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Last night just reminded me of how uninspired Joe Biden and Amy Klobuchar are with their campaigns and how dishonest Pete is. Especially when it comes to Medicaid for all. Elizabeth and Bernie need to tell people how much money they will save over all and that obviously taxes will rise but compared to what you save in health care it more than makes up for it.

I pay 600 a month for insurance for my family not counting any kind of deductible or premium etc and my job pays like 1000 a month on their end. If Medicaid for all drops my 600 a month payment to 300 a month TOTAL. In extra taxes or 200 or 100? Why the fuck would I not want that? I don't give a damn about my insurance company, I only care about my doctor.

I think the problem with that is that everyone pays different rates for different levels of coverage and so it's really almost impossible to put out a broad "how much money people will save" statement because its so variable. For my family we spend just over $300/month through our healthcare through my wife's work for a really good plan (I do not know what the portion the company pays). If we got it through my work it would be slightly cheaper but also our out of pocket expenses would be a lot higher. Medicare for All might be a wash for us (not factoring in company contribution because that's also very variable with what may happen to that) but it sounds like it might work out better for you. That's kind of why I prefer Pete's plan, if you're fine with you coverage then go ahead and keep it but if you're not then here is the other good option for you to go to.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how toxic shit is gonna get if Bernie doesn't get the nom again. May have to avoid the Internet for a week.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Really interesting how Vox things that Bernie and Warren had both a good night. I happen to agree, and im quite interested to see if today"s polls reflect that.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Is anyone on the news reporting the Las Parnas info? Seems like a lot more important than a silly feud between two Dem candidates. I got nothing on CBS News.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
If nothing else, this illustrates the real advantage that Biden has as a former Vice President: people feel like they know him. Nothing's really stuck to him so far (and not for lack of trying!) because he is - or is perceived as - a known quantity. Most people have only known about Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren for a few years, in spite of the fact that they've been around forever, and so there's still room for reassessment.

Is anyone on the news reporting the Las Parnas info? Seems like a lot more important than a silly feud between two Dem candidates. I got nothing on CBS News.

I'm sure it'll get traction within the day. It's sordid, terrifying, and frankly insane; it's the reddest of meat. Like, there is no way to see those screenshots as talking about anything but assassination.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@KaraScannell
NEW: Lev Parnas' lawyer @josephabondy on Robert Hyde.
"We completely categorically deny that Lev was involved in any activities with Hyde to surveil the ambassador and try to harm the ambassador. We believe Mr Hyde's activities to be a reflection on his dubious mental state."
08:55 - 15 Jan 2020

Oct 25, 2017
So I fully expect Tulsi or the Green nominee to exploit this, with the help of social media, and siphon off a couple million votes. A lot of the people complaining right now on Twitter don't realize the importance of the judiciary branch or just don't give a shit.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
So I fully expect Tulsi or the Green nominee to exploit this, with the help of social media, and siphon off a couple million votes. A lot of the people complaining right now on Twitter don't realize the importance of the judiciary branch or just don't give a shit.

Meh, Tulsi can't siphon a million votes in the primary. Let alone the general lol

Happo

Jul 5, 2018
The russia thing is quite bizarre. Puting proposed massive constitional changes like removing powers from the president and giving them to the Prime minister and the Parliament. In response, Medvedev and the government resigned. These proposed changes sound way too good coming from Putin so i am quite confused.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The russia thing is quite bizarre. Puting proposed massive constitional changes like removing powers from the president and giving them to the Prime minister and the Parliament. In response, Medvedev and the government resigned. These proposed changes sound way too good coming from Putin so i am quite confused.

Putin is term limited. He wants to give Parliament new powers, then appoint himself to parliament (maybe as Prime Minister?) and keep on being in charge of the country.

I'm surprised he didn't just propose removing term limits, maybe his power does have limits.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Putin is term limited. He wants to give Parliament new powers, then appoint himself to parliament (maybe as Prime Minister?) and keep on being in charge of the country.

I'm surprised he didn't just propose removing term limits, maybe his power does have limits.
Maybe Putin didn't want to end up getting Bolivia'd

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Putin's Presidential Term limits are kicking in so he wants to change the government to shift power away from the President to the Prime Minister which is where he will install himself

Democracy has been dead in Russia for some time now but this just blatantly cements it

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Only two consecutive terms for presidents. Putin and Medwedew already switched places to let Putin have another two consecutive terms. Putin is in his second term again (until 2024). They will likely switch places again to let Putin have another two consecutive preidential terms.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

He's just setting it up so he can maintain power after his term is up.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
"Elizabeth is a friend of mine, but here's why she's a backstabbing bitch"

Lol we're doomed.

Commence more eye rolling

I'm actually surprised Bernie and Warren didnt coordinate to align messaging before the debate

This sucks. The same ol primary politics needs to be retired for something new. Especially with so much at stake. This entire circus is fruitless. In fact it may have longer lasted negative consequences

Oct 27, 2017
The twitter replies to Moore are somewhat encouraging.

Also, not every dubious or friction-laden interaction between candidates is "backstabbing". His comment also suggests he viewed Warren as having a role to play on Sanders' behalf. Not helping.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
The Bernie stans saying that Warren is a liar is really telling about what they really believe.

They're making it worse for everyone. Having a cult-like following does not help the progressive cause.

Thinking Warren is playing politics with an extremely contorted account of what happened is not "telling" about anything other than their possessing that selfsame belief.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Putin is leaving the presidency in 2024. So he is reducing that power. If i get this right, he plans to become PM again....where he has powers again. Then run for president again, when he can. And restore the power he took away.

Status
Not open for further replies.