• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
That speech Barr gave to the Federalist Society was like something straight out of dystopian fiction. I still can't believe he thought it was a good idea to air those kinds of views in public while holding his current office.
You know, it's not quite OJ, but I've definitely seen Trump compared to Marion Barry before.
Wouldn't surprise me if they had the same dealer.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

McConnell signs on to Hawley resolution to change Senate impeachment rules. Hawley wants to alter Senate rules to dismiss impeachment articles if they are not sent to the Senate 25 days after the House acts

For the sake of argument, if this was enforceable, wouldn't the articles be dismissed the moment this passes?

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Schiff can't ask for more testimony, as it would cripple the current arguments. Later on, sure!

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a single shred of evidence to back this claim up? Clinton smashed Sanders one on one in CA by 12 points.

We already went over my reasoning as to why CA would be leaning Sanders had we gotten updated polling. With that said, we (finally) got a new poll from Capitol Weekly.

Previous Poll Dec 3-7
Current Poll Jan1-9
Sanders 24% (+5)
Warren 21% (0)
Biden 20% (+1)
Buttigieg 11 (-2)
Yang 7 (+2)
Bloomberg 6 (+1)
Klobuchar 5% (0)
Gabbard 2% (-2)
Steyer 2% (0)
Booker 1% (-1)
Williamson 0%
Patrick 0%
Delainie 0%

Last edited:

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Sunrise Movement suddenly being considered a Sanders front group the day they throw their support behind him. HANH? Let's talk about that.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
We already went over my reasoning as to why CA would be leaning Sanders had we gotten updated polling. With that said, we (finally) got a new poll from Capitol Weekly.

Previous Poll Dec 3-7
Current Poll Jan1-9
Sanders 24% (+5)
Warren 21% (0)
Biden 20% (+1)
Buttigieg 11 (-2)
Yang 7 (+2)
Bloomberg 6 (+1)
Klobuchar 5% (0)
Gabbard 2% (-2)
Steyer 2% (0)
Booker 1% (-1)
Williamson 0%
Patrick 0%
Delainie 0%

Not that like, winning California would be bad, the problem is people cling onto this when if the final result in California was S 24 W 21 B 20, those three candidates would be the only ones to get delegates (barring any district-level successes from the lower candidates) and it would split roughly 37%/32%/31% in terms of delegate counts. If Sanders is getting hosed in the South, even with Cailfornia's higher number of delegates that wouldn't cancel Biden's presumed successes.

If you break that down to the delegates it would go 153/135/127, so a net of +26 delegates for Sanders over Biden. Biden can easily make up for that if he wins Texas (by comparison, Clinton net +72 delegates from Texas in 2016), North Carolina (Clinton +13), Virginia (Clinton +29), Tennessee (Clinton +21), Alabama (Clinton +35) and Arkansas (Clinton +12) by decisive margins.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that Hillary had more consolidated support in the south compared to what we have seen of Biden so far, right?
Both Biden and Bernie are running behind Clinton/Sanders 2016 levels there, but in ways that you'd expect in a multi-way race.

Sanders' polling collapse relative to 2016 is because of conservative white Dems abandoning him, which are generally not going to be your big demos in southern primaries.

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Toronto news had a profile on the victims of the Ukraine Air flight last night, and it was truly tragic.

Young, successful, incredibly bright people - masters and PhD students, newlyweds the day after their wedding - just truly heartbreaking and a big loss for us in the GTA.

Incredibly sad that all these people lost their lives for nothing.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Not that like, winning California would be bad, the problem is people cling onto this when if the final result in California was S 24 W 21 B 20, those three candidates would be the only ones to get delegates (barring any district-level successes from the lower candidates) and it would split roughly 37%/32%/31% in terms of delegate counts. If Sanders is getting hosed in the South, even with Cailfornia's higher number of delegates that wouldn't cancel Biden's presumed successes.

If you break that down to the delegates it would go 153/135/127, so a net of +26 delegates for Sanders over Biden. Biden can easily make up for that if he wins Texas (by comparison, Clinton net +72 delegates from Texas in 2016), North Carolina (Clinton +13), Virginia (Clinton +29), Tennessee (Clinton +21), Alabama (Clinton +35) and Arkansas (Clinton +12) by decisive margins.
To jump off Aaron's point, here, using the new 538 Model,

Biden would NET over Bernie:

Texas------------------38
North Carolina----24
Virginia---------------20
Mass--------------------9
Minnesota-----------5
Tennessee----------12
Alabama--------------17
Oklahoma------------6
Arkansas-------------6

That would give, on average, Biden a 137 delegate lead. So, basically, Alabama cancels out Bernie's win in California.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I think that Hillary had more consolidated support in the south compared to what we have seen of Biden so far, right?
It's very hard to say because polling has been so scarce this time around.

A new South Carolina poll would be awesome because it would speak to Biden's strength in that state and likely translates to all the other Southern states.

The most recent poll there was from Change and only gives Biden a 27-20 lead over Sanders. That being said, I don't really like Change as a pollster (I trust you understand this is not from the perspective of "derp they have Bernie doing well, must be terrible," they've just had questionable results in the past).

Before that (in November) the SC polls have had Biden's lead over 2nd place range anywhere from 22 to 30 points, and it's worth noting that SC polling in 2016 generally overestimated Sanders' competitiveness there.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
How many Benghazi inquiries did the Republican led House have? 11?
I'd rather they focus on other things like emoluments and get new testimony towards new charges. He's right that the juice may not be worth the squeeze on pursuing Bolton. If he voluntarily came in, sure, but to spend months trying with a subpoena is probably not worth it.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I'd rather they focus on other things like emoluments and get new testimony towards new charges. He's right that the juice may not be worth the squeeze on pursuing Bolton. If he voluntarily came in, sure, but to spend months trying with a subpoena is probably not worth it.

More importantly, I don't trust Bolton as far as I could throw him. He may despise Trump with all of his being, but from all accounts so does McConnell - and they're both cut from the same cloth where they'll eat shit to further their singleminded agendas (entrenched conservative power for the Turtle and aggressive regime changes for the 'Stache).

Bolton may know that Trump's team is incompetant, but he also knows that Dems are starting to push very anti-war and are already talking about rebuilding America's diplomatic corps and soft-power. This likely his last shot to ensure his preferred policies continue on.

Let him tell his story in his upcoming book, just like the rest of the jackals of this grifter's administration.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

I don't see why Warren would still be in the race by California if she doesn't win NH or Iowa.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017

Burgess Everett @burgessev

McConnell signed onto Hawley resolution to change Senate rules to dismiss impeachment without articles. This won't happen anytime soon, but is instead a response to speed up future potential impeachments and avoid current standoff https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/09/mitch-mcconnell-trump-impeachment-096786 …

Passing this is sorta impractical. You need 67 votes or to go nuclear.

3:25 PM - Jan 9, 2020
[/QUOTE]

Can they "pass" this fake ass thing and then challenge it in court to the supreme court? I want this scenario because either the ruling gets stayed while it winds its way to the SC and Pelosi keeps the articles until then and either this stays in the air all the way maybe even pass Novemeber or SCOTUS finally picks up the pace on all these questions regarding this criminal president.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I don't see why Warren would still be in the race by California if she doesn't win NH or Iowa.
narcissism

Also you can't just blanket add all of Warren's support to Sanders if she dropped out tomorrow. He'd probably be the biggest benefactor but it's not like 100% of her supporters have Sanders as their second choice. I believe Nate estimated Warren dropping would net Bernie about 5 extra points.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
To jump off Aaron's point, here, using the new 538 Model,

Biden would NET over Bernie:

Texas------------------38
North Carolina----24
Virginia---------------20
Mass--------------------9
Minnesota-----------5
Tennessee----------12
Alabama--------------17
Oklahoma------------6
Arkansas-------------6

That would give, on average, Biden a 137 delegate lead. So, basically, Alabama cancels out Bernie's win in California.
I'm waiting for the eventual "we are not going to be competitive in those southern states in the general anyways, so they shouldn't/don't matter" argument to come back again

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
California is on super tuesday. Iowa and NH are going to be three or four way ties. Biden may have a delegate lead after SC but it'll be close.

Yep. Again, we have to stop thinking about "winning" states that proportionally assign delegates. The real questions would be a) how much does she lag) and b) has her fundraising tanked?

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
California is on super tuesday. Iowa and NH are going to be three or four way ties. Biden may have a delegate lead after SC but it'll be close.
I think after NH it'll be clear that Sanders is the only one with a chance of beating Biden. I think Warren will see that and will drop out and Endorse him.

Status
Not open for further replies.