• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
this is good, the toddler is rambling, but it does sound like we're not gonna do shit to retaliate. good.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
bullshit on that rebuilding. I was in uniform for 2 trump years and 2 Obama years and literally nothing changed

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US

Lindsey Graham @LindseyGrahamSC

In my view, retaliation for the sake of retaliation is not necessary at this time.

What is necessary is to lay out our strategic objectives regarding Iran in a simple and firm fashion.

Our objectives:

Iran must stop being the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world.

Stop ballistic missile buildup which jeopardizes regional stability.

Negotiate a nuclear deal which provides nuclear power to Iran while dismantling a pathway to a bomb.

The Maximum Pressure campaign with a credible military component is not only working, it's the best way to achieve our strategic goals.

9:47 AM - Jan 8, 2020

"Negotiate a nuclear deal which provides nuclear power to Iran while dismantling a pathway to a bomb."

OK, now this is some aggravating shit.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol at Trump calling out to the other nations to walk from the Iran deal like he did. "We'll make a better deal!" They should tell him to take a hike.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
MSNBC sure wants to get their money's worth for their fancy new "IRAN CRISIS" graphic.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
It's like he realized, over night, that he royally fucked up by taking out Soleimani, and that he has no plan, and that an escalation only hurts his reelection.
Idiot.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
A dude who looked just like Lindsey just strolled into my local sushi place and I had to do a double-take. I was going to tell him they don't serve Pilot Fish here.
But it's not him, thankfully.

FPS_Fan

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Hell
User Banned (Permanent): Troll account
That was actually a good speech by President Trump.
Peace folks, peace.
No twitter for a couple of days also, Donald.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Being the number 1 producer of oil and gas is not something to boast about when Australia is on fire and Jakarta is underwater.

But that's just a Republican thing, I guess.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
we really have to get out of this toxic mindset that sanctions are a harmless alternative to ground invasion or whatever. it's cruel to cripple a country's economy like we do with Iran and Venezuela. Many people are going to die or be kept in poverty, unnecessarily, because these sanctions Obama and Trump have pursued.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

The administration bemoaning the fact that they basically led Iran by the hand to this point will never not be galling. At this point it feels more like it's a matter of time till they arm if only to assure survival because simply we've cornered them so rapidly. Just going to have a domino effect of Iran then SA arming up in a panic as well.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Note that Graham was just on Hannity last night saying Iran's counterattack was an act of war and that Trump should respond as per Article II.

Jaime Harrison, down by 2% is what i say to this.

does trump:
A: Announce American withdrawal from the region
B: Announce some sort of diplomatic strategy
C: Announce a strike coming today
D: A sort of ultimatum

lets find out now

E. Putins bidding

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
we really have to get out of this toxic mindset that sanctions are a harmless alternative to ground invasion or whatever. it's cruel to cripple a country's economy like we do with Iran and Venezuela. Many people are going to die or be kept in poverty, unnecessarily, because these sanctions Obama and Trump have pursued.

With Trump, Sanctions are the preferred option. Yeah, they suck, but at least we're not going to war, which would be far more destrctive.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA

We do that to our own people, so why would our international actions be any different? If we want to have better foreign policy we need to start at home by treating our own people with fairness and dignity.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
So, I saw his speech.

Is that it? Is it safe to say that war isn't happening? Iran won't see the sanctions as retaliation, right? What about those "other options" they said they're reviewing? And surely Trump won't fuck up on Twitter or something to negate all he just said, right?

Can I finally relax?

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This concern trolling argument is absolute bullshit re: Venezuela. Their economy collapsed because of a horrific idiotic regime, and the sanctions are in place to try and leverage them out because there's a gigantic self-inflicted serrated stab wound that won't heal up until that leadership is removed. Until that happens the refugee crisis wil keep going on and on and on sanctions or no sanctions because the US and other nations are NOT the reason that country is in the dire straits that it is currently.

Blaming the condition of Venezuela (and other countries with shitty economies back in the communism days) on US Sanctions is straight up Russia/Chavez-Maduro propaganda that's been going on for decades upon decades in order to create a useful scapegoat.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
It's bad because it gives the false impression that Biden is comfortably winning all 4 early states when in reality hes tied for the first couple and absolutely running up the score in SC skewing the numbers.

Except that's how delegates work. "Winning" a state doesn't mean anything, it's the margins. If he's tied in two states and running up the score in SC, that's winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.