• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Normally I'd say the adults in the room would take Iran's out.

But it seems the only rational adults want a war.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
So we just need to hope that someone (Fox News) can spin it in a way that Trump feels like he won without attacking back.

Oct 27, 2017
Fox news reporrting that it was perhaps a deliberate miss. Zeldin and gaetz on, focusing on pelosi not caring about the troops and some other bs, but also stressing not to give solemani the war he wanted when he was alive. Ingraham saying the president has been real enough unlike obama. So I'm thinking they don't want trump to follow the bolton playbook after all.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Fox news reporrting that it was perhaps a deliberate miss. Zeldin and gaetz on, focusing on pelosi not caring about the troops and some other bs, but also stressing not to give solemani the war he wanted when he was alive. Ingraham saying the president has been real enough unlike obama. So I'm thinking they don't want trump to follow the bolton playbook after all.

Good to hear.

Oct 26, 2017
If Trump takes the off-ramp, he might actually be able to walk-away with a victory. He would have been able to take out the #2 guy in Iran without incurring any US casualties. There's no damage to US infrastructure because those bases belonged to the Iraqis.

I'm glad there are no casualties for US soldiers or Iraqis but at the same time I'm annoyed that Trump somehow always seems to dodge serious consequences from his impulsive decisions. It just gives him license to make even more impulsive decisions and put us at greater risk.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
If Trump takes the off-ramp, he might actually be able to walk-away with a victory. He would have been able to take out the #2 guy in Iran without incurring any US casualties. There's no damage to US infrastructure because those bases belonged to the Iraqis.

I'm glad there are no casualties for US soldiers or Iraqis but at the same time I'm annoyed that Trump somehow always seems to dodge serious consequences from his impulsive decisions. It just gives him license to make even more impulsive decisions and put us at greater risk.
Again, nothing in the last week is going to help his approval ratings. No one that dislikes him today is going to change their mind and think this is a victory for him. At best, everyone will just be happy we avoided disaster.

Oct 27, 2017
In all this today, I missed that Duncan Hunter submitted his resignation letter today (last day is Monday), and Hunter Biden IS the father in an Arkansas paternity suit. They gonna ask him about that too?

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
This would be a lovely time for Trump to just claim this is nice and settled, but... I don't know. Iran is probably going to keep slowly screwing with the US via proxies or other methods of inconvenience and he's a risk to snap on no notice.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Again, nothing in the last week is going to help his approval ratings. No one that dislikes him today is going to change their mind and think this is a victory for him. At best, everyone will just be happy we avoided disaster.
Honestly, when even the_donald (yes I browse that putrid subreddit from time time time, gods help me) is responding in their own bullshit way with a sigh of relief, you know he fucked up.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017

It is only because not everyone is as crazy as him. It could make him make a even more rash action later on. We'll what and see what the hawks do with Trump.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland

He's not dodging shit regardless how this event proceeds from here.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
"I just barely avoided igniting a war while opening up the Pandora's Box of drone assassinations of high ranking military officials on sovereign foreign soil" is in no way a victory for him.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
It's a really sad state of affairs when I'm putting all my hope in Iran's government doing the rational thing over my own government. Thank god it seems cooler heads prevailed in Iran.

Just one more year...

Oct 26, 2017

I'm not necessarily talking about his approval rating, at least not directly.

The reason Trump is able to continue to do bad shit is because conservative has been able to construct an elaborate light show where Trump always makes the right decisions and anything bad that does happen is always the fault of someone else (Obama, Deep State, Media, etc). This continues to empower Trump to make even more bad decisions. His actions are never tempered by previous screw-ups.

But war has a way of exposing light shows and trickery. That's what ultimately was the downfall of G W. Bush. The consequences of bad decisions caught up to Bush and you can only sweep dead soldiers under the rug for so long.

My fear is that Trump has just made a very dangerous and impulsive military decision with the assassination and it doesn't seem he'll "feel" any real consequences so the light show will continue and he'll make even worse decisions if that's possible.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I guarantee you if Florida Man wasn't mentally incompetent he would be on TV tonight addressing the nation saying there is nothing to worry about, we are immediately in talks to ease tension, etc. But everyone in DC right now doesn't have enough faith in him to do that without causing further damage, so they figure no address. Also proves another point which it shows how gutless of a leader he is. Even if all his advisors said don't address the nation, a true president who cared for this nation would be wanting to calm everyone on a night like this with an address. Florida Man is probably booking tee times and jacking off to Rush and Hannity re-runs instead.

No one has faith in him not to fuck up everything.

Iran dont want a real BOOMBOOM war.

Russia doesn't want their puppets really fighting.

No American ally wants this idiocy causing incredible destabilization.

And none of his handlers and henchment want him to be tested deep down.

Us regular folk know in our hearts he'll #ETTD the fuck out of everything.

I'ts the open secret here.

This mofo with an Iranian flag in his handle.

He's a supremecist for hire.

Jeffapp

Oct 29, 2017
My guess is trump has found that doing a q and a on the whitehouse lawn seem to benefit him vs a rehearsed statement. Or they couldn't start the helicopter up at night so no statement till tomorrow morning

Oct 26, 2017

tenor.gif

Almost glad she's going with Castro over Beto just so he can escape the ensuing cringefest

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
If you want some good in the world, my husband rescued a cat from work a week or so ago. He'd rescued the cat we are 90% sure is her mom last month. (My husband named the momma Dolly and the daughter Loretta.) Turns out Loretta was pregnant. We just welcomed 3 healthy kittens into the family.

I'm an emotional wreck. You'd think after 6 kids I could deal with this shit.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
If you want some good in the world, my husband rescued a cat from work a week or so ago. He'd rescued the cat we are 90% sure is her mom last month. (My husband named the momma Dolly and the daughter Loretta.) Turns out Loretta was pregnant. We just welcomed 3 healthy kittens into the family.

I'm an emotional wreck. You'd think after 6 kids I could deal with this shit.
Congratulations on the kittens!

Status
Not open for further replies.