• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
This is heartening to see. Proves that Democrats can get things done when given the opportunity. Buy sadly history proves that a large part of the electorate doesnt care and would rather bring republicans back in power when things are finally starting to look good.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I thought we were ahead of 2019's pace for PoliERA OT threads, but nope, we're actually behind, assuming we hit 20,000 posts today. OT1 of 2019 hit 20,000 on the 25th of January, and that was without impeachment.

Bunch of slackers in 2020 so far!

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Rose Twitter apparently starting to go after Hickenlooper now that it looks like Gardner is DOA in the Senate race.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I thought we were ahead of 2019's pace for PoliERA OT threads, but nope, we're actually behind, assuming we hit 20,000 posts today. OT1 of 2019 hit 20,000 on the 25th of January, and that was without impeachment.

Bunch of slackers in 2020 so far!

We're just saving our energy for the coming shitstorm that will be the primary after Iowa votes.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

ASI's Iowa bumper sticker poll results!

Bumper_sticker_poll.jpg

Personally I think that Pete and Warren have the best logos

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
If you had told 18 year old me there was a gay man running for President who was stanning Panic at the Disco, and I wasn't voting for him...I'd have told you you were fugging insane.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll make a thread when I get home in the morning.

This one might etch by 20k by a bit but hey, emergency overtime pay!

Oct 25, 2017
Shame on all of us, but we failed to mark the 1 year anniversaries of these candidates formally announcing running for President in January of 2019:

Tulsi Gabbard!
Julian Castro!
Kirsten Gillibrand!
Kamala Harris!
Marianne Williamson!

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't weight by education.

Emerson does weight by education.

"The data was weighted based on gender, age, education, region, and based on 2016 turnout model. It is important to remember that subsets based on gender, age, party breakdown, ethnicity and region carry with them higher margins of error, as the sample size is reduced. Data was collected using both an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system of landlines only (n=218) and an online panel provided by Dynata and MTurk (n=232)."

Plus.they use Mturk for responses.

MTurks data validity is generally sound based on studies conducted to determine that very purpose. Where you have to be stringent is screening (after restricting for the United States) to adjust for how the Mturk pool tends to deviate from the national average. [MTurkers tend to have higher drop out rates, harbor more negative emotions due to under employment etc]

Mturk isn't the devil people make it out to be (it's far far far from perfect, but pollsters are also able to add custom functionality to the program). Figuring these systems out is becoming more and more important as landlines continue to decrease and themselves become skewed.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
There's no point in guessing what the delegate counts will be. How the first four states go influences how people vote later

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Dershowitz's arguments for Trump's defense have been noticeably, uh, super insane. The idea that a president abusing the power of his office (and in fact recognizing it as literally that, an abuse of power) does not constitute a high crime and misdemeanor, coupled with the notion that it's okay for the president to commit such abuses in service of his re-election if he believes his re-election to be in the interest of the public, is an extremely bad, dangerous, lunatic precedent to establish.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes which is why it's stupid
I'm pretty sure the 538 model runs a ton of scenarios. Based on early wins of different states along with people dropping out.

Yeah I was right:
FiveThirtyEight's model simulates the primary season thousands of times to find the most likely outcome for each candidate. We're showing the distribution of simulated final pledged delegate counts, where taller bars mean a more likely outcome. Right now, many candidates, even the front-runners, wind up with tall bars close to zero — generally, those are simulations where the candidate dropped out before having a chance to accumulate many delegates.

We're also charting how many delegates, on average, each candidate is projected to have pledged to them at each point in the primary season, along with a range of possible delegate counts

Status
Not open for further replies.