• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

QMEi1c6.png

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Trump tax cut hands $32 billion to big banks

[my note: worth remembering that the federal deficit is over $1 trillion now, up a massive 74% since Obama three years ago]

JPMorgan Chase & Co., Bank of America Corp., Citigroup Inc., Wells Fargo & Co., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley posted earnings this week showing they saved $18 billion in 2019, more than the prior year, as their average effective tax rate fell to 18% from 20%.

Growth in their outstanding loans slowed to 1% last year, down from 3% in 2018, which was unchanged from 2017.They collectively shrank their workforce by about 1,200 people by the end of 2019 from two years earlier.

Shareholders were big beneficiaries. After banks cleared the Federal Reserve's mid-year stress tests, the group announced plans to boost stockholder payouts by $21.5 billion, an increase of 14%.

The tax savings have spurred the banks to record profit. The six firms posted $120 billion in net income for 2019, inching past 2018's mark. They had never surpassed $100 billion before the tax cuts.

133ce19689edbdc1044aa2a0df326783

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last IPOS Poll was Jan 8-9 (pre debate) here's the movement since then. Still need more polls however! :)

Sanders +1
Biden -4
Warren -3
Bloomberg +1
Buttigieg -1

Yeah I would wait until we get NBC, WAPO, CNN and even YouGov polls to see if there's a pattern. But nice to see Biden flopping.

This is iconic wow

Code Geass' OP slaps so hard.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Close. He changed his will without telling me (the executor- he removed me as one of course) and disinherited me and my aunt who has been with him for over 40 years. My aunt has early signs of dementia among many other mental and physical illnesses and only gets a small pension from the state, no SS. Basically he stole my aunt's financial lifeline if he dies. I had a shitfit on the phone and in that call and in future correspondence he repeatedly lied. We are trying to reconcile enough for him to change his shit back to providing support to my aunt if he dies.

Pokemon gif was the only non-perverted stealing/taking-related anime gif I could find.

well that's terrible, sorry you are going through that. Money makes some people make some very bad decisions.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
There's going to be a sad realization that Bernie allegedly saying a Woman can't be President in private makes him more electable to America.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Ya know, if you're a guy flipping on your buddies, coming right out and saying "its not like organized crime" probably isn't the way to do it.

Policy minutia isn't the priority of most voters. There are quite a few who say it is important but they wouldn't be able to elaborate on what policy means (like, ask that voter what they think M4A is, the odds aren't great that they know the answer). It's more tone. And I mean more than rhetorical tone.

In a better world, sure. In this one? I don't think this will be how things will play out.

We have no choice though, really. It's like Ideology vs No Ideology. Morals and Ethics vs No Morals and Ethics.

Mother doesn't know him either

Mikey, honey...look at this last week. This is ASKING for a a lightning bolt of exposure.

He's still a Florida Maner after being thrown under the bus? What a grifter.

Compromise, then exploit, then toss aside. Wipe off and reuse if needed.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
There's going to be a sad realization that Bernie allegedly saying a Woman can't be President in private makes him more electable to America.
That looks to be the case. Seems to have made him more popular. If he gets the nomination I'm probably avoiding this site altogether until after the election. His hardcore fans are very similar to trump supporters and I find that irritating.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I still think a Warren presidency would be better long term for the progressive cause.

Bernie would get in there, get resistance from all sides, get nothing donehis first 2 years, lose a bunch of seats in 2022, and then lose re-election to some R fuckface in 2024.
Bernie is talker
Warren is a doer.

the same way Trump is gonna set conservativism back 20 years after his presidency, Bernie will do for progressivism

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Time to check Nancy's phone records for calls to Maddow.

also I thought rinse penis joined the navy

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I'm dumbfounded that Trump felt like lying about injury numbers in a missile strike. Like. What?

The only thing I can even remotely consider is that he has one wise advisor left that told him that mentioning them would increase pressure for a counter-attack.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I still think a Warren presidency would be better long term for the progressive cause.

Bernie would get in there, get resistance from all sides, get nothing donehis first 2 years, lose a bunch of seats in 2022, and then lose re-election to some R fuckface in 2024.
Bernie is talker
Warren is a doer.

the same way Trump is gonna set conservativism back 20 years after his presidency, Bernie will do for progressivism
He surrounds himself with truly awful people and is a massive egotist even for a politician, probably only rivaled by trump when it comes to ego. He will try to leave identity politics aside in order to appeal to racists who will only spit on his face when they realize that he happens to be Jewish. Truly it will completely break apart the democratic party and republicans are the only ones who have everything to gain.

Also I will support any democratic candidate even Sanders but I am under no illusion that he is not good for the Democratic party or for progressive values.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I'm dumbfounded that Trump felt like lying about injury numbers in a missile strike. Like. What?

The only thing I can even remotely consider is that he has one wise advisor left that told him that mentioning them would increase pressure for a counter-attack.
My guess is that the smarter folk told him that he could not retaliate. In his mind if there were injuries he would have to retaliate, so he had to lie

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Since that appointed senator is in the news for being an utter shitheel, I feel we need to balance out the pathetic with some good:

Today's my mom's birthday, and I can't help but miss her. She was the one who really taught me what it means to be a public servant.

Like come on Arizona. COoooooome on Arizona. Don't fuck this up.

Also, I just wanted to post this reply:

Looking forward to serving with your eyebrows Mark. We will be lucky to have them representing Arizona.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
If Trump's plan was for no one to ever know, man, that regional command press office sure fucked this up pretty bad.

I was going to make a joke about these not being injuries by NFL standards, but concussions are serious fucking business.

Status
Not open for further replies.