• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
But what do you think is gonna happen once the nominee has to focus on beating trump?

shits gonna get DIRTY.
trumps side because welll that's how his side is, and Dems are gonnna have to use anything they can. This is an incumbent president whose already shown us he will cheat.
we need to do anything as well to beat him.

Which is why infighting in the Dem party id fucking stupid. It just hands ammo to the opposition on a silver platter

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

I can't get over how damning this interview is Conway was AGAIN asked explicitly "yes or no, Trump knew exactly what was going on, we're asking is that statement true or false?' and she AGAIN deflected Conway: "Trump knew what was going on how? What is Parnas actually saying?"

Its the early going but as of right now, they got nothing

Edit:

Here is Germany's defense minister confirming
@John_Hudson
and
@smekhennet
scoop.
@RichardGrenell
, who called the story fake, is the US ambassador to Germany.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
So I noticed that a lot of comments on any Warren post are people calling her a snake, and saying they won't support her. Problem is, when you check their accounts, all you see is right wing retweets/likes.

I heard that McConnell was trying to prevent this. I'm curious too.
Well they're lying about it being the same as bill clinton, but with all their additions and modifications. So,, i wonder.
Well that's disheartening. Do they have a good chance?

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope you are right about this

Feels counter intuitive especially with how tight the margins were in 2016 with the divide among the left with the animosity between Bernie and Hillary.

maybe the plus side is that if it's biden, there won't be so much animosity from bernie bros because there wasn't a real fight between them
and biden's a dude

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Which is why infighting in the Dem party id fucking stupid. It just hands ammo to the opposition on a silver platter
It's a primary race. There is going to be infighting. There always will be. There will never be a kumbaya moment at this stage in a primary.

The only real issue is the media covering it the way they are and not paying attention to actual crimes the administration is engaged in.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

Susan Collins is a stupid fucking human being. I don't mean that as hyperbole. She's dumb. I'm so, so fucking tired of mediocre thinkers and braindead morons in government. They can't think critically about issues. They don't know the facts and don't care to find them. They exude confidence giving answers or making statements that would embarrass any normal person. I'm so fucking sick of it.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
It's a primary race. There is going to be infighting. There always will be. There will never be a kumbaya moment at this stage in a primary.

The only real issue is the media covering it the way they are and not paying attention to actual crimes the administration is engaged in.

The issue is that primary mud slinging never just gets left on the table once its over liked it used to

Everything is collected as data to be mass produced and weaponized for their entire career and beyond

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Susan Collins is a stupid fucking human being. I don't mean that as hyperbole. She's dumb.

This line is bullshit.

It was just released to him, as it was part of an investigation... his lawyer offered it up to the public and got a judge to approve it.

Fuck Susan Collins.

It bothers me to no end that none of them can confront the facts -- just how the facts got there.

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 week): antagonizing other users, account in junior phase
That's like one of the main fears if Bernie/Warren win right? That you lose the swing voters (aka centrists) in a lot of battleground states if the Dems go "too far left". It's basically considered a fact of life and completely assumed.

It's the same type of energy as a disgruntled progressive sitting out an election or voting 3rd party, except way way way worse imo.
Don't ask them to think too hard.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Warms my heart how much of a monkeys paw Trump has been for conservatives and they will gladly ride the sinking ship to the bottom cuz its a damn cult

Then Im soberly reminded by the sheer amount of damage his presidency has caused....

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Think it's a Clinton dig for some reason? Even though she wasn't Third Way or Centrist.
The Clintons invented third-way centrism, what kind of revisionist history is this? But yes by all means lets ignore the super-predator demonizing and gutting of any safety net and focus on whether or not Bernie thinks the American public is sexist or not.

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, this is something else.
And it's to this that I get the most exasperated. How do we begrieve them in one breath and express our certainty that they will work with those of us across the aisle in the next. I don't actually think I disagree ideologically with most of the people scoffing at me here, but I don't understand the mentality.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Susan Collins is a stupid fucking human being. I don't mean that as hyperbole. She's dumb. I'm so, so fucking tired of mediocre thinkers and braindead morons in government. They can't think critically about issues. They don't know the facts and don't care to find them. They exude confidence giving answers or making statements that would embarrass any normal person. I'm so fucking sick of it.

I don't read it as "dumb" or incompetent, but rather flailing desperation to think up damage control on the spot where zero strategy exists, zero coordination exists, and your political party and leadership is so obviously engrained in the scandal you have literally no other option than to say the most ridiculous thing possible.

Though it is a dumb response, it's not for our consumption...

The base is on board with whatever excuse. GOP leadership demands falling on the sword to maintain power. She's just showing her ass as a complete knob like the rest. You know a "moderate" Republican.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
I have never posted in here because the thread is so often about analyzing polls, electoral strategy, general running commentary about the horse race and a pastiche of inside baseball talk about Democratic Party affairs. It's also typically a news clearinghouse, lots of tweets or articles posted for comment from the twitter commentariat or the political gossip press like Politico.

That's one way of engaging with "politics" but I think it's narrow in scope and tends to under-emphasize the policy side of politics or the various ways of analyzing political schools of thought, the history of political power, etc. The cool bits.

People who are interested in a running discussion of the horse race should have a place to do it. It seems to be the PoliEra threads. Cool. If PoliEra is meant to expand to a more broad OT for political theory then I think the people focused on the horse race may feel displaced.

poliera already is the thread for discussion of policy

the horse race people aren't going to get displaced because the truth is there are simply way more of them than there are people who want to talk about policy

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Treasury's internal watchdog is probing the Trump administration's Opportunity Zone program
WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department's internal watchdog has opened an inquiry into the department's Opportunity Zone program after a request in October from three Democratic members of Congress, Acting Treasury Inspector General Richard Delmar said.
In late 2018, NBC News reported that Richard LeFrak, a friend of Trump's, and the family interests of Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, among others, could benefit from possible projects in designated opportunity zones. The New York Times published a similar report last year

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I don't read it as "dumb" or incompetent, but rather flailing desperation to think up damage control on the spot where zero strategy exists, zero coordination exists, and your political party and leadership is so obviously engrained in the scandal you have literally no other option than to say the most ridiculous thing possible.

Though it is a dumb response, it's not for our consumption...

The base is on board with whatever excuse. GOP leadership demands falling on the sword to maintain power. She's just showing her ass as a complete knob like the rest. You know a "moderate" Republican.

I don't see how it's damage control when it literally doesn't make sense based on the timeline.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What a good morning.

- Ukraine opens criminal investigation into Trump's goons tailing a US Ambassador.
- GAO says Trump admin broke the law withholding Ukraine payments.
- Treasury Dept investigating Trump's cronyism.

Now we just need an investigation into all the suspicious trades around Trump's tweets, with large purchases shortly before he moves the market.

3cxihl.jpg

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@ShimonPro
FBI investigators went to the home and the business of Robert Hyde on Thursday. The agents were seen by CNN and confirmed by a law enforcement official. They were at the home early Thursday morning in Weatogue, CT before going to Hyde's business in Avon, CT.
11:35 - 16 Jan 2020

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Man the hits just keep coming

Even with his entire presidency being under scrutiny at all times the crimes just kept on goin

I want to say there has been a couple of stories that these "opportunity zones" are just ways for rich realtors to snatch up land and property and sit on it than it is to actual do anything beneficial for the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.