• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's really tough to paint Biden as an elitist. A million other things maybe, but definitely not that.

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like this is bait to push a narrative that the radical left hates the Military

As Much as I want Trump to continue taking heat in the public I don't know if doing it during a Veterans Parade works in our favor.

Cheer loudly for the veterans as they pass, boo loudly for Trump as he passes, resume cheering loudly for the veterans as they continue to pass.

I'd be hopeful that it could be done in an way that is obviously directed at Trump, and not the vets.

Just chant lock him up instead. Then there's no ambiguity.

Oh, that too!

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is bait to push a narrative that the radical left hates the Military

As Much as I want Trump to continue taking heat in the public I don't know if doing it during a Veterans Parade works in our favor.

I think it'll work out the same way it did during the Nationals game.

Military : Yay!
Trump : Booooooo

They'll twist it no matter what happens tho.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

That will be the narrative from the right, but I guarantee you that he will tweet about all the cheers the veterans received and make it about himself.

Oct 27, 2017

—It would be extremely obvious it's because of Trump

—Trump's going to lose NY by 20 points and the rest of the country doesn't like NYC anyway

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Media still loves interviewing "undecided voters". Watched a segment on CNN of a KY undecided voter on choosing between the next Gov. This undecided voter voted Bevin and Trump previously(:ahem: "undecided") but came away dissappointed in both over the last few years.

Doesn't trust Dems to vote for Beshear either. Can't provide a reason for that other than "Both sides" are awful. She just wants someone that thinks of -her- issues. [Names no issues]

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So is it safe to say that despite all the handwringing and carping about Tom Perez, he's actually done pretty well leading the DNC? Anti-Trump enthusiasm is one thing, but we haven't really seen this level of state and local organization on the ground in a long time.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
They also winged snowballs at him, which is getting off easy in a town notorious for chucking D-cell batteries at people.
Hey now. We didn't just boo that drunk ass Santa. He was also pelted with snowballs!

I pray that mother nature also lends support in your protest!
The snowball pelting is a detail that I always forget. I can assure you that regardless of the weather that day the citizens of NYC will improvise and not disappoint.

Honestly this sounds like a disastrously bad idea, Bush attempted to do the traditional presidential inauguration parade after he "won" in 2000 and by the time the limo got to the WH it looked like it ran through the produce and baking aisles of a supermarket. Trump better be rolling down Broadway in a glass bubble.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he can borrow the Pope-mobile, though it's probably not opulent enough for him.

Nothing projects strength like hiding inside a bubble though.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like anyone will confuse Trump with actual veterans. The draft dodger doesn't deserve to march with them.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't read too much into the Bevin thing, but it is wild living in a political realignment. It occurred to me that, after the 60s, was there any mass migrations from areas that 're-aligned'?

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Can the even call Biden? I'm assuming a subpoena needs to be approved by the committee and also why would he comply?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
So the whistleblower is now publicly named and it seems the right wing is trying to connect him to the dossier.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

i mean the radical left does actually hate the Military and The Troops on account of all the Imperialism Bombings they do

this is, of course, in contrast to the mainstream American position of Licking Boot and Loving The Troops.

Felix Lighter

Oct 25, 2017
The PA city I live in a Trump + 45 county (the city is far more liberal than the overall county tbf) elected a Democrat for mayor for the first time in over 20 years. Not a particularly important data point but it made me happy nonetheless.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Michael Del Moro @MikeDelMoro

Densely populated suburban areas continue to be real a problem for Republicans, from Cincinnati suburbs in Kentucky, to places like Delaware County, PA, where Dems took control last night for the first time since the Civil War. https://www.inquirer.com/news/pennsylvania-2019-election-results-20191106.html …

8:00 AM - Nov 6, 2019

Josh Holmes @HolmesJosh

Taking a step back from KY and looking at all the elections last night, GOP should be most concerned about what happened in local elections in Chester, Delaware and Bucks County, PA last night. That is genuinely alarming if you know the voting history.

7:37 AM - Nov 6, 2019

Delco is my territory. I'm on Reuther's committee (far right) and was probably just out of frame when that photo was taken. Impossible to overstate just how badly the GOP got obliterated here last night.

The last council race in 2017 (post trump) was the one where the first dem council candidates in history won by about 2K votes each over the republican opposition.

The 2019 race? each of the dem council candidates won by a 16-18 THOUSAND vote margin. Republican participation was also significantly up from 2017, they weren't depressed. The 2017 R candidates clocked in about 59,000 votes each compared to 71,000 votes each in 2019. It didn't matter. The Dems spiked from 61,000 to about 88,000 each.

There were municipalities all over the place that had NEVER elected a dem to local councils, mayorships, etc. Republicans are REELING. There is no way back from this, especially not with election reform hitting next year.

Oct 25, 2017
The PA suburbs snapping back Dem is a hugely important sign for 2020.
The PA suburbs aren't "snapping back". They're just continuing a trend. A real snapback would see a Dems recovery in Erie, Northampton (Bethleham), Lackawanna (Scranton), and other mid-sized cites. I doubt many of these places will ever return to strong D, but a solid recovery combined with growth in Philly suburbs should do the trick.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017

I agree. We shouldn't boo. Better idea is silence when he passes and backs turned to him. Then cheer as loud as possible when the rest of the parade passes.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
The PA suburbs aren't "snapping back". They're just continuing a trend. A real snapback would see a Dems recovery in Erie, Northampton (Bethleham), Lackawanna (Scranton), and other mid-sized cites. I doubt many of these places will ever return to strong D, but a solid recovery combined with growth in Philly suburbs should do the trick.

I mean snapping back from the disappointing to outright bad performance in 2016 which is what ultimately tipped the scales and allowed the rural turnout to win it for Trump.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Trump on his can't be booed tour. Next he'll be marching with disabled rescue dogs.

If he's among the veterans this time, he can say they're unpatriotic booing at veterans or that they're cheering him. Win-win. God this dude is so transparent.

I think it'll work out the same way it did during the Nationals game.

Trump : Booooooo

They'll twist it no matter what happens tho.

But what if he's surrounded by veterans?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Just to remind everyone of the severe crisis our country faced by our elected commander-in-chief six years ago...

obama_latte_salute_sg_img.jpg

I don't know how our Republic survived.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
Delco is my territory. I'm on Reuther's committee (far right) and was probably just out of frame when that photo was taken. Impossible to overstate just how badly the GOP got obliterated here last night.

The last council race in 2017 (post trump) was the one where the first dem council candidates in history won by about 2K votes each over the republican opposition.

The 2019 race? each of the dem council candidates won by a 16-18 THOUSAND vote margin. Republican participation was also significantly up from 2017, they weren't depressed. The 2017 R candidates clocked in about 59,000 votes each compared to 71,000 votes each in 2019. It didn't matter. The Dems spiked from 61,000 to about 88,000 each.

There were municipalities all over the place that had NEVER elected a dem to local councils, mayorships, etc. Republicans are REELING. There is no way back from this, especially not with election reform hitting next year.

DELCO BABY!

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Democratic enthusiasm post Trump is absolutely massive. Look at this number:

Hillary Clinton 2016: 2,926,441 votes
Tom Wolf 2018: 2,895,662 votes.

Tom Wolf's off year gubernatorial campaign in a race that was never considered to be competitive came within 30k votes of breaking Clinton's 2016 Presidential number. Wolf is a nice guy but doesn't have anywhere close to the money the Clinton campaign did, nor is he a particularly inspiring speaker or well loved in specific sections of the state.

He still broke the all time Gubernatorial vote count by about 500,000 over Rendell 2006, who himself was about 400,000 votes past any previous governor due to Philadelphia just loving the shit out of the guy. Wolf was even a million votes past his 2014 gubernatorial campaign number, which is totally absurd.

That victory party was something else. People off the wall. Nobody expected the margin to be that big.

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

tbh the whole "we've got this in the bag if Sanders or Warren get nominated!!!" thing doesn't really ring true to me. Call it naivete, I just remember thinking when Trump was nominated he was going to put Missouri and Indiana on the map and that clearly didn't happen.

Of course, the situation here is different in that MO is a Republican-trending and leaning state already, but I would (well, wouldn't because I don't care) caution any Republican who thinks we're going to "blow it" by nominating either of those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.