• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Biden represents the far left? He represents the whole of the party?

He thinks palling around with segregationists was great, so he doesn't represent me.
Oh, he don't represent me either. A LOT OF Democrats don't represent me. Being a member of a political party sometimes means that, surprise shock horror, IT AIN'T ALWAYS ABOUT ME.

Biden, for all his flaws, is a Democrat. Warren can piss off insinuating he's not.

There's a real elitism showing itself with Warren as she gets comfortable, and I'm not liking it. At all.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if "classic coal" is turning out like this...

I don't wanna say its a foregone conclusion buuuuuuuut... Beshear might have this? Eh? EH?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Oh for sure, but he's basically made the same mistake: "On one level, it's kind of funny. I've been a Democrat my whole life. This person has only fairly recently in the mid-90s become a Democrat". That says that people can't change who they are, and what they believe in. Also, since when is the mid-90s "recent"?
It is if you were born in the early 1940s.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
If we want people who change their minds, we should also want people who represent the broad range of the Democratic Party, from the far left to the center left: basically, Biden.

I say that to say this: Warren's point was gross. Biden had every right to come for her throat. We will not redefine this part as only representing the far left. Fuck that.
Wanted to add that for as much as I *don't* want Biden to get the nom, these sort of attacks from Warren and others are very myopic when you consider that Biden's got the highest African American support.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The libertarian in Kentucky seems to have a solid 2.1% so far. He actually might spoil Bevin.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, he don't represent me either. A LOT OF Democrats don't represent me. Being a member of a political party sometimes means that, surprise shock horror, IT AIN'T ALWAYS ABOUT ME.

Biden, for all his flaws, is a Democrat. Warren can piss off insinuating he's not.

There's a real elitism showing itself with Warren as she gets comfortable, and I'm not liking it. At all.

Biden loves working with racists and has vocally shared his lack of care for the millennial base of the party, so if he feels that way, maybe he is in the wrong fucking party.

I'm going to disagree with you on this one. More of these old white dudes who think they deserve the support of the left, black folks, etc., without doing anything for it can get the fuck outta here.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Here's hoping this is the prelude to Kentucky booting out Mitch McConnell.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Biden loves working with racists and has vocally shared his lack of care for the millennial base of the party, so if he feels that way, maybe he is in the wrong fucking party.

I'm going to disagree with you on this one. More of these old white dudes who think they deserve the support of the left, black folks, etc., without doing anything for it can get the fuck outta here.
I respect that, even if I disagree.

I loathe Biden. But I've remained clear-eyed enough on what the Republican party has become to know that, insinuating that Biden is in "the wrong party" is incredibly fucking bonkers.

These people are defending children in cages.

Oct 25, 2017
...don't we want people to meaningfully change their minds like Liz Warren did? How is that not a powerful story especially now, when the GOP is toxic?

"I'm Joe Biden and I believe in reaching across the aisle and getting things done, also fuck anyone who was ever a Republican.

...also I am so old that I think the mid-90's was recent."

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

VA GOP House Speaker predicted to lose. He got drawn into a way more Democratic district earlier this year.

Kaitos

Ch2DB6ACFrhIS4L0FAxtV5VVFZc=.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.