• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
No I agree. She is a poor campaigner as is Beto a poor debater. She does get unnecessarily piled on fire since reason though.

There really are only 3 viable options: Biden, Warren and Sanders (with Sanders the least likely of the three). The others are polling too poorly and Butti has zero chance of going anywhere near the nomination without the African American vote.

I honestly haven't seen anyone in this thread really piling on Harris for any other reason than her campaign being bad. Definitely not enough to say that "era" hates her. Might be true in OT but I don't venture there.

Oct 26, 2017
I never suggested Harris should drop out, I doubt her being in the race is affecting Warren. I'm merely stating that a candidate that is bleeding money and now doing the classic candidate hail mary of cutting all staff and presence after Iowa is a) doomed to failure and b) in the event of a miracle, has no presence to take advantage of later states. We see this every 4 years. But the dream dies hard.

2008 John McCain disagrees with you. In the summer of 2007, he was completely dead in the water. After mismanaging his campaign early on, he had to cut a bunch of staff and was flying coach. He basically was down to just a bus (the "Straight Talk Express"). When Iowa came around Mike Huckabee won. McCain finished a distant 4th but it was enough to keep chugging along. Also because Huckabee had a surprise 1st place finish, the race became wide open again. McCain bet everything on NH, won the state and began his comeback.

Yes it's very unlikely for Harris, but there still isn't an obvious frontrunner. Progressives are split among Warren and Sanders and moderates are hovering around Biden and Booty. And there's a bunch of people who still aren't thrilled with any of those choices (including me). I believe the undecided voters have actually gone up over the last 3 months, not down. So this is just the type of environment where a Hail Mary strategy has a chance if you have enough money to stay in the game long enough. If Booty wins Iowa the whole race will be turned upside down and I think everyone is going to get second looks. The moderate lane still hasn't really been solidified yet and people are going to doubt both Biden and Warren if they can't beat Booty when they claim they can beat Trump in the rust belt.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

13% drop is significant. Damn.

Oct 27, 2017
With the right AG you could make a RICO case against half the GOP, past and present

Prosecutors examining former Rep. Bob Livingston over Ukraine: Sources
A new name in the House impeachment inquiry, former Republican Rep. Bob Livingston, has surfaced in the ongoing investigation by federal prosecutors in New York into efforts by President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani and his associates in connection with Ukraine, multiple sources have told ABC News.

More specifically, the sources said, prosecutors in the Southern District of New York are looking into whether the former congressman had contact with Giuliani related to the push for the removal of then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yavonovitch.
On Wednesday, former National Security Council Director for Ukraine Catherine Croft, during her deposition before House impeachment investigators, said that she "received multiple calls" from Livingston while she was at the White House, telling her that then-Ukraine ambassador Marie Yovanovitch be fired, according to her opening statement obtained by ABC News.

minato

Oct 27, 2017
I want to believe those ABC numbers but they have always been more bearish numbers than say NBC polling. If NBC they had those numbers it would be dire news for him.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Sanders won't drop out regardless of how great or poorly he's doing.
It's not even really worthy of musing on, because he is within the margin of error in recent primary polls for all the early state either 1st or in 2nd.

Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, and even Pete Buttigieg have the money to keep going and it is wishful thinking to think any of them will drop out to serve a favorable narrative for anyone's preferred candidate.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With the right AG you could make a RICO case against half the GOP, past and present

I really wouldn't mind a burn it all down no holds barred deep corruption cleaning crusade after 2020. But only after we add new states, federally get rid of gerrymandering and voter suppression and get the supreme court in order.

The whole conversation is insane "it could be anything" and "we don't know shit".
Thing I feel like liberal anti-vaxxers need to do is think for a moment how they'd sound if they replaced vaccines with climate change in their arguments.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell do y'all still watch Maher jfc

Every Friday night people complain in this thread about his show

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I really wouldn't mind a burn it all down no holds barred deep corruption cleaning crusade after 2020. But only after we add new states, federally get rid of gerrymandering and voter suppression and get the supreme court in order.

Thing I feel like liberal anti-vaxxers need to do is think for a moment how they'd sound if they replaced vaccines with climate change in their arguments.
No. The thing they need do is shut the fuck up and read the science.

I've been mocked for mentioning herd immunity.

HERD IMMUNITY. AN OBSERVED FACT WE HAVE KNOWN ABOUT SINCE BEFORE THE FIRST VACCINES WERE DEVELOPED.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I normally don't bother hyper analyzing these approval dips or whatever but nearly 20% of republicans supporting removal is more significant that most numbers I've seen posted here in a while

ie, Hillary just losing black voters alone from 92% in 2012 to 88% in 16 was absolutely devastating

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This episode of Maddow is fascinating tonight, all about quid pro quo with Ukraine going back to the start of 2017, and how the FBI has now confirmed that Flynn is full of BS. Catch it later or sometime over the weekend.
Yeah that was good. Looks like a 2nd bomb is gonna drop in the impeachment hearings. When Connolly literally said 'if i was an enterprising reporter, i would look into Javelin missiles' and left it at that, that connects with yesterdays story by the dude that actually first broke the Ukraine story for this impeachment.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Bob Livingston??? The same Bob Livingston who quit hours before becoming Speaker of the House after Gingrich resigned because Hustler and Larry Flynt revealed he cheated on his wife? Wow, kudos to the writers for bringing back a major character from another time via twist!

Oct 27, 2017
Bob Livingston??? The same Bob Livingston who quit hours before becoming Speaker of the House after Gingrich resigned because Hustler and Larry Flynt revealed he cheated on his wife? Wow, kudos to the writers for bringing back a major character via twist!

Killery is in the woods drunk off expensive wine, laughing her ass off.

"Got another one, Bill"

divination

Oct 26, 2017

Kamala Harris appears to take a subtle shot at Elizabeth Warren. After highlighting her time as a prosecutor, she says, "I have only had one client my entire life and that is the people." She adds, "Unlike others, I have never represented a corporation."

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I honestly haven't seen anyone in this thread really piling on Harris for any other reason than her campaign being bad. Definitely not enough to say that "era" hates her. Might be true in OT but I don't venture there.
You're entitled to your opinion but I've seen differently. I guess we can agree to disagree on this one. Either way opinions on Era will have little to do with his the candidates do in the long.

Oct 25, 2017
rofl, this Dennis Prager guy is hilarious on Overtime.....

What a joke of a person

Said the US is the least racist multi-cultural countries and the left says that men can menstruate.......

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I usually don't mind parts of the Bill Maher show, some of it is funny, but tonight's was an absolute disaster. He spent 15 minutes talking with someone about risks of vaccines, then the panel had some Republican who was in complete denial of reality (no quid pro quo, no Russian interference) and they wasted their time trying to convince him.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

I don't particularly like or dislike Kamala but that's a bullshit tweet. She never represented private corporations. She worked for the AG's office. You cant blame them for the fact that federal and state governments farmed out the prison problem to private companies. What is she supposed to do, never prosecute?

Oct 25, 2017
I usually don't mind parts of the Bill Maher show, some of it is funny, but tonight's was an absolute disaster. He spent 15 minutes talking with someone about risks of vaccines, then the panel had some Republican who was in complete denial of reality (no quid pro quo, no Russian interference) and they wasted their time trying to convince him.

Watch the Overtime link I posted above lol

Status
Not open for further replies.