• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Oct 27, 2017
I think Trump might get removed because Bolton being the hero who takes down the administration feels like the appropriately wretched monkey's paw price we'd have to pay for something like that.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
A subpoena is the right thing to do, and it's the right thing to ask for.

If the police ask to come into your house, you ask for a warrant.

If Congress ask you to testify, you ask for a subpoena.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a "Rough me up so it looks like we fought" kind of response? Bolton can't go in willingly if he expects to stay on the conservative money-making circuit.
Bingo.

Will be interesting to see which tactic Trump uses in the lead up to Bolton testifying. Does he butter him up and jerk him off or does he shit talk him and sic the conservative media machine on him?

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
Bingo.

Will be interesting to see which tactic Trump uses in the lead up to Bolton testifying. Does he butter him up and jerk him off or does he shit talk him and sic the conservative media machine on him?

He's probably going to talk shit about him and try to paint Bolton as an old-fashioned neo-con (and maybe never-Trumper) who didn't fit in and didn't get what he wanted and is just trying to lash out at Trump to get back at him.

Oct 27, 2017
He's probably going to talk shit about him and try to paint Bolton as an old-fashioned neo-con (and maybe never-Trumper) who didn't fit in and didn't get what he wanted and is just trying to lash out at Trump to get back at him.

He will 100% call him a warmonger that didn't get his wish for invasions, which Trump won't do, because he's bringing the troops home.

Trump's "joked" about that before in public

konka

Oct 25, 2017
A subpoena is the right thing to do, and it's the right thing to ask for.

If the police ask to come into your house, you ask for a warrant.

If Congress ask you to testify, you ask for a subpoena.

I mean that's not the right analogy. The police don't get a warrant for witnesses.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, for sure. Will be entertaining watching all of the Fox News hosts shitting on him after being so close to him for so long.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Um... that's a bad shop.
2511.jpg

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I'm legit surprised that Jack is doing this. Maybe he's so far into Fuck You Money that, whatever, he's willing to actually take a stand as a corporation and make the world a slightly less shitty place? There mere fact that Trump is pissed means this was a good decision. (I await the reversal in the coming days)

And yeah I'm mostly interested in what Zuck does now. Likely nothing.

This has to be a shot at Kayne.
This is 100% the easiest/most appropriate avatar quote I've ever seen.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Reminder that Bolton is an absolute monster and the fact that hes no longer in the administration is arguably the bwst thing to happen to Iran since the Trump presidency began

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I want to think that Bolton's neocon roots of actually following The System will mean that just getting a subpoena will be enough to get him to show without any additional fuss.
Reminder that Bolton is an absolute monster and the fact that hes no longer in the administration is arguably the bwst thing to happen to Iran since the Trump presidency began
He's a monster and a bad bad man, but he at least has some principles on how government should operate. I think.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Coalitions are needed to take down tyrants, always. Nobody here thinks John Bolton is anything but a useful piece of shit.

Same as Sessions. Wish he were still of use, Barr is more deadly in every single way, including to PoC and LGBTQIA+ etc.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Bingo.

I think he'll play it off and say he looks forward to Bolton testifying he did nothing wrong.

Oct 26, 2017
re: Impeachment Inquiry
Is John Bolton for sure testifying (assuming he gets a sub-penis)? Or he's just going to file a lawsuit stalling the whole thing in the courts...

re: Harris
Yeah it's not looking good. The trend lines in almost every poll has been going down since July. I was hoping she could stabilize in September and then start seeing the trend lines creep up in October. Unfortunately October has been dominated by Booty, Klob, and Tootsie. She had her one shot in the middle of the summer and failed to capitalize and now there's just not enough oxygen to gain new momentum in such a crowded field. it's a shame because I think she could be a very good President that could nudge the country in a progressive direction without scaring moderates and independents, which means we could actually hold on to Congressional majorities for more than a cycle. But you have to know how to run a winning campaign if you want to be President and you have to capitalize on moments if you're lucky to get one.

re: Tulsi
You guys need to burn her with fire (figuratively speaking of course). If you want Warren to have a chance in the general, you need to get rid of chaos/protest candidates like Tulsi. Warren is way more likable than Hilary, but you better believe the GOP smear machine will try to turn Warren into Hilary 2.0. And then there's the perception that Warren is far left and corporate America is already afraid of her, it could create a space for a third party candidate to cause havoc. Right now Tulsi just seems to be appealing to Republicans but that USA Today poll from this morning where she had 4%, was that among Democratic Primary voters or everyone? If it's the former, I would be very concerned how she moved 4 percentage points among Democrats so fast.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Trump judicial nominee Lawrence VanDyke, who was given a 'Not Qualified' rating by the American Bar Association (ABA), cries at a hearing after being confronted on his views toward the LGBTQ community

(The video incorrectly identifies Josh Hawley as a Democrat. He is a Republican.)

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I mean that's not the right analogy. The police don't get a warrant for witnesses.
The police can ask for testimony. They cannot enter your home or force your cooperation without a warrant or subpoena (unless you foolishly give them permission).

There's nothing at all wrong with demanding that everything be done by the book, to protect your own interests as well as help to the best of your ability (not that Bolton is going to do that, but asking for the subpoena first is definitely the smart approach).

You're right it's a bad analogy, however, because the police have levers to compel your cooperation (like harassment and intimidation) beyond that of which Congress is really capable.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
The police can ask for testimony. They cannot enter your home or force your cooperation without a warrant or subpoena (unless you foolishly give them permission).

There's nothing at all wrong with demanding that everything be done by the book, to protect your own interests as well as help to the best of your ability (not that Bolton is going to do that, but asking for the subpoena first is definitely the smart approach).

I know. But Bolton isn't under investigation and a witness would be given a subpoena and not a warrant. No judge would ever issue a warrant for a witness without a crime. It was mostly a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.