• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
BOLTON
giphy.gif

Pence is also from Indiana.
And his brother, an IN Rep, voted no. So there you go.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
There's just going to be a gigantic pile of evidence by the time next month is over and Rs going "nothing to see here"

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
the concern on tulsi isn't that she'll get very far in Iowa, it's that she'll get just enough Jill Stein-esque 3rd party votes in the wrong places to throw entire states to Trump. It's a valid fuckin concern.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Eh, Hillary was right to call Tootsie out before she ran. At least in this instance, people will know she's trying to run Spoiler. It also means, people will have more time to run through her campaign to expose the grift.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
You know if the people all getting pissed about Obama today actually put in the sort of work that the Tea Party did I wouldn't find all the chirping about it so annoying. Especially given that was literally Obama's point that people seem to be missing

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You know if the people all getting pissed about Obama today actually put in the sort of work that the Tea Party did I wouldn't find all the chirping about it so annoying. Especially given that was literally Obama's point that people seem to be missing
Ya, but that would involve actual work. It's way easier for Incredibly Online people to just complain about everything and everyone. Doing things? Making a difference outside tweeting a hashtag? Pass.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in my early 50s, but I was also a computer guy back when that wasn't everybody. So most people my age are semi-savvy by now, but I was on the internet before there was the world wide web. It also had the benefit of essentially providing me a career.

Thanks for the insight.

Perhaps the scale I mentioned should be 60s to 70 in terms of poor literacy/acceptance to modern technology. But I guess even then my mom who would be 70 now was pretty tech savvy up until she died. But like yourself, in her later years the Internet/mobile tech basically provided for her career. Also she was one of the first few people in the late 80s on the Internet. When I was 6-7 years old I remember bizarre sounds coming out of my mom's computer then my mom claiming she was talking to people thousands of miles away on a BBS. I was like, "sure you are mom".

Well the lesson here is that I should be more careful with generalizations.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
(we need to accept that part of the russian election hack was changing voting results and that we may never know how many they changed until all of us are long dead)

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the insight.

Perhaps the scale I mentioned should be 60s to 70 in terms of poor literacy/acceptance to modern technology. But I guess even then my mom who would be 70 now was pretty tech savvy up until she died. But like yourself, in her later years the Internet/mobile tech basically provided for her career. Also she was one of the first few people in the late 80s on the Internet. When I was 6-7 years old I remember bizarre sounds coming out of my mom's computer then my mom claiming she was talking to people thousands of miles away on a BBS. I was like, "sure you are mom".

Well the lesson here is that I should be more careful with generalizations.

Lol at your mom on BBSes. I remember the days of calling into them waiting for the line to not be busy!

I didn't mean to be critical. I think you are right for most people-- I was far more tech savvy than my generation at the time and that provided me a living! But it's a spectrum. Nerds of my generation certainly knew their tech, and it got broadly more mainstream every passing year. There's no hard cutoff.

It's not unlike liking geek culture, actually. I was ostracized for liking superheroes in my day. Now they are the top of the box office!

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Advertising on Twitter isn't the issue, it's the endless sea of bots run by bad actors -- Russia, China, Iran, .. the NRA/GOP, and so on. Also it's the horrific lack of moderation. Not the stupid ADS.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Advertising on Twitter isn't the issue, it's the endless sea of bots run by bad actors -- Russia, China, Iran, .. the NRA/GOP, and so on. Also it's the horrific lack of moderation. Not the stupid ADS.
Twitter allows bots, doxxing, bigotry, and harassment campaigns. If they want to fix things, maybe look at that stuff.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
That 11 year old didn't change any votes it just modified the page that publicly displayed the information.
Yep. Which isn't exactly the same, but still, it's embarrassing that an 11 year old can change the results of an election at least on its face (as in a website) which is plenty for simpletons like DJT to cite as credible.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
There's just going to be a gigantic pile of evidence by the time next month is over and Rs going "nothing to see here"
That's the thing that hurts. We will have a mountain of credible evidence (we already do) and still, I don't think enough Senate R's will give a shit when it's their time to convict or acquit. Maybe Mitt, Sue, and Lisa will go along with it but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.