• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I hate Twitter ladders too. You'd think in 2019 a major social media platform would actually have a coherent thread layout. I've seen UBB boards from the late 90s with better layouts.

But yeah this is big news. Not because it reveals substantive new details on the call, but it shows there was a severe conscious of guilt that caused a coordinated cover-up among several parties in the WH.

Trump's Abuse of Power is already confirmed. It's just a matter of finding out how deep this scheme goes and how many were involved. This is crucial in making sure the scandal can't be hand-waved away as one reckless call. This was a sustained effort and it caused people to cover their tracks.

It's Rainin' Mens rea

Barren-Feminine-Duckling-small.gif

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
If Republicans lose all three branches, whoever is the Democratic candidate needs to rapid fire EVERYTHING this country needs. Pull a first 90 days and absolutely overflow the country with laws that will finally move us back in the right direction.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
"you know what a wink is right? in u- in Ukraine"

LOL

So what "wealthy people" is he talking about here? Firtash?

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
There's two timelines.

Timeline 1: Judge Howell says DOJ must hand over Mueller grand jury materials by thursday. DOJ tells Judge Howell "Can you at least wait till we appeal? so we dont have to submit by thursday". Judge Howell says haha no.

Timeline 2: DoJ says they're going to file for appeal in DC Circuit federal court of appeals. Court says, ok, you get a temporary stay untill you file your appeal. Dont need to submit by thursday.

Timeline 2 supersedes Timeline 1 for now. I highly doubt the Federal court of appeals will overrule Judge Howell's ruling though, when DoJ files their appeal.
I see, thanks. So if anything it was kind of a preemptive denial from Howell in case the Circuit court decided by today or tomorrow on denying their appeal?

less

Oct 25, 2017
If Republicans lose all three branches, whoever is the Democratic candidate needs to rapid fire EVERYTHING this country needs. Pull a first 90 days and absolutely overflow the country with laws that will finally move us back in the right direction.

Absolutely. Go on an offensive that leaves the right-wing media unable to handle everything.

Oct 27, 2017
because over the past five or so years people stopped using "boomer" and "millennial" to describe people born between certain years and instead started using it describe youngs and olds
There was an article about the phrase "OK boomer" (and its merchandising) in the NYT the other day so it probably has about two weeks left to live.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Trump mentioning Firtash by name would be wild. At least one of the ellipses refers to Burisma, the last one refers to ... Biden tapes? Is he referring to the tape of Biden bragging about fighting corruption, or something more sinister?

"The rough transcript also contains ellipses at three points where Mr. Trump is speaking. Colonel Vindman told investigators that at the point of the transcript where the third set of ellipses appear, Mr. Trump said there were tapes of Mr. Biden."

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Trump mentioning Firtash by name would be wild. At least one of the ellipses refers to Burisma, the last one refers to ... Biden tapes? Is he referring to the tape of Biden bragging about fighting corruption, or something more sinister?

"The rough transcript also contains ellipses at three points where Mr. Trump is speaking. Colonel Vindman told investigators that at the point of the transcript where the third set of ellipses appear, Mr. Trump said there were tapes of Mr. Biden."

LORDY THERE ARE TAPES

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess people are watching Rachel again

Rachel's coverage of the impeachment has been extremely informative and easily digestible. And she gives it the proper bird's eye view of the big picture... the whole saga.

Like as crazy and dumb this whole sounds to everyone, she shows the logic behind the madness.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

Oh fuck

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I see, thanks. So if anything it was kind of a preemptive denial from Howell in case the Circuit court decided by today or tomorrow on denying their appeal?
That and I think it was also for setting the precedent. In the future cases you cannot simply say to Judge "fuck off, i gots an appeal pending". You comply what the Judge ordered. Your appeal is your own problem.

Regardless there is no way appeals is going to overrule Howell's ruling. These are just delay tactics from these charlatans.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as much as I want there to be tapes, Trump probably just thinks there are tapes because of something Rudy/a QAnon Facebook group told him

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Given that there are almost certainly foreign governments dangling damning tapes of Trump over his head, my guess is that he's just assuming similar tapes must exist for Biden, since he can't comprehend the idea that some people aren't crooks.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
as much as I want there to be tapes, Trump probably just thinks there are tapes because of something Rudy/a QAnon Facebook group told him
I mean didn't the Steele report claim that supposedly Trump thought there was a pee pee tape but it didn't actually exist?

Trump thinks there are tapes of anything he wants to believe there are tapes for.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I'm guessing the "Biden tape" trump was referring to was that video of him bragging about firing the Ukranian prosecutor

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
He's obviously talking about the publicly available interview that the right wing extremists are claiming proves he was somehow protecting his son.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Good to know Nikki Haley think turning a blind eye to criminal activity is righteous. Go down with the ship then.

"I served alongside colleagues who believed that the best thing to do for America was to undermine & obstruct the president. Some wrote about it anonymously in the NYT...They sincerely believed they were doing the right thing. I sincerely believed they weren't,"
@NikkiHaley
@ AEI

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Watch tomorrow Trump confirm these tapes.

"Yeah of course I wanted to get my hands on these tapes to expose the corruption! Also perfectly perfect call was perfectly prefect!"

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Over/under on Fox news and conservatives focus impeachment hearing solely on Biden tapes?

I smell e-mails 2.0 incoming.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And now you can see how Trump's bullshit works, even in this thread people are taking the word of a serial liar.
I don't think anyone here actually believes there are tapes. This is full blown conspiracy theory.

Just that we believe Trump believes there are tapes and that's enough for his fanbase to believe as well.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Trump knows there is that tape of Biden talking about withholding a loan because Rudy was shoving it in his face. It's on YouTube ffs - and it doesn't show what they claim it does. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.