• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Did they send out Graham to replace Trump's quotes in the news with his quotes? He's just making statements that are both dismantling Trump's pullout arguments, and making the region less safe.

And is Graham, head of the Judiciary committee, working for the administration now? He looks almost like a hostage up there, he looks terrible.

Where are the majority and minority leaders and the heads and ranking members of Congress' intelligence committees? Yeah, they weren't told.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I remember now why I had forgotten all about this guy. He has been confirmed killed two or three times already, by Russia in 2017 and then again later in 2017 by Syria, and more recently Trump said ISIS was 100% defeated.

It'll be forgotten by tomorrow, except for the GOP crying, "Why are you asking me about impeachment when some terrorist was killed (again) last weekend?"

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest dick blower in politics.
I think we can insult his cravenness without resorting to homophobia.

Think of what you're saying. When you use "dick blower" pejoratively, you imply that gay men and gay male sexuality are something to be insulted, mocked, used against someone. It's the same as calling Trump Putin's "butt boy." If you can't criticize these people without casting them as gay, you might need to examine some of your beliefs.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
The glorification and reveling in killing, even of someone as vile as Baghdadi, is just disgusting, though expected.

It's part of why a lot of these terrorist groups around the world will continue to hate the US as a symbol, and why they will continue to make attempts to hurt the US in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Concerns of Homophobia; Prior Severe Ban for Misogyny

Think of what you're saying. When you use "dick blower" pejoratively, you imply that gay men and gay male sexuality are something to be insulted, mocked, used against someone. It's the same as calling Trump Putin's "butt boy." If you can't criticize these people without casting them as gay, you might need to examine some of your beliefs.

Nah, you making it bigger than it really is.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

amy walter @amyewalter

What impact could killing of abu bakr al-baghdadi have on Trump's standing w/ public? Likely little to zero. Late April 2011, pre-Osama Bin Laden killing, Obama job approve in Gallup was 46%. Post-OBL kill, job approve jumps to 52%. By June, job approve drops back to 46%.​

9:46 AM - Oct 27, 2019

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
With how much of a shitshow the news conference was, I don't even expect a temporary uptick. He just declared more wars (for oil) and said disgusting shit.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone knew who Bin Laden was. Almost nobody knows this guy.

Expect to hear everyone in the right-wing media ecosystem suddenly become experts on his life story though, just like they all became legal scholars with an encyclopedic understanding of how quid-pro-quo works over the last month.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think most Americans were under the impression that Isis wasn't a threat anymore and have no idea who their leader was. I also thought he died years ago, so its news to me that he was still alive

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

amy walter @amyewalter

What impact could killing of abu bakr al-baghdadi have on Trump's standing w/ public? Likely little to zero. Late April 2011, pre-Osama Bin Laden killing, Obama job approve in Gallup was 46%. Post-OBL kill, job approve jumps to 52%. By June, job approve drops back to 46%.

9:46 AM - Oct 27, 2019

Well it also helps that Obama did his announcement during primetime TV. Right in the middle of baseball and... the Celebrity Apprentice.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
WaPo:

Yashar Ali @yashar

They had it right the first time.

The Washington Post changed the headline on its Al-Baghdadi obituary from "Islamic State's terrorist-in-Chief" to "austere religious scholar at helm of Islamic State."​

11:12 AM - Oct 27, 2019

OsiKVk0.png

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Leave it to Trump to fuck up an easy win.

This will continue and only accelerate. His NPD, exposure of crimes, and dementia(?) will not allow him to not self-own.

Probably why Smeagol is there behind the podium right now.

Endless war is over! Now we go to war for oil!

Also, it is genuinely disturbing how Trump fetishizes dominance.

Illiberalism means loving those that have a boot on your neck as much as having a boot on the necks of others.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Chuck Todd was trying to get info about the whole taking the oil thing from the trump admin. They have no idea how to explain what trump believes.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I am. This was way way beyond what I expected.
Last night, I was thinking great. Trump and co is going to go on a big rally about Baghdadi being dead. He is going to get a lot of 'he became president' takes, his approval rating will shoot up and impeachment will take a back seat. As he can rally Americans behind the death of ISIS and not attack Democrats or Republicans. Instead he says we may come after Syria's oil next and said Obama admin killing Bin Laden wasnt even that big and he wasnt even known until the World Trade Center attack.
I think most Americans were under the impression that Isis wasn't a threat anymore and have no idea who their leader was. I also thought he died years ago, so its news to me that he was still alive
I mean it depends how well the media machine spins things. Under Obama, ISIS was the second coming of the Nazis and an even bigger, more radical threat than Al Qaeda. They were also teaming up with illegal immigrants and Mexico to flood the US border. Immediately after Trump got elected, everyone pretty much forgot about them and Trump has been casually saying for the past 2 years that he defeated ISIS.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

I know we don't always see eye to eye on everything, but thank you for saying this. I am really fucking tired of people using homophobic references as the basis for their humor/insults. That shit is not funny.

Nah, you making it bigger than it really is.

Same argument that people who make sexist and racist remarks make. Maybe you should listen to people from the LGBTQ+ community instead of being dismissive.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Expect to hear everyone in the right-wing media ecosystem suddenly become experts on his life story though, just like they all became legal scholars with an encyclopedic understanding of how quid-pro-quo works over the last month.

I heard he was the mastermind behind the Bowling Green Massacre. #NeverForget

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
WaPo:

Yashar Ali @yashar

They had it right the first time.

The Washington Post changed the headline on its Al-Baghdadi obituary from "Islamic State's terrorist-in-Chief" to "austere religious scholar at helm of Islamic State."

11:12 AM - Oct 27, 2019

OsiKVk0.png

This is such a horseshit headline. Absolutely no religious organization accepts Baghdadi's credentials and views. Islamic religious scholars go through vigorous training and reading on law, jurisprudence, philosophy, Hadith sciences and history. He has none.

Just because I call myself grand emperor poobah rustynails does not mean I was one.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
With how much of a shitshow the news conference was, I don't even expect a temporary uptick. He just declared more wars (for oil) and said disgusting shit.
Not to mention Bin Laden was a household name in the US, he was the face synonymous with 9/11. No one in the public even knew who the ISIS leader was, let alone spell his name. In general it's so far removed from an ordinary American's life that they aren't going to care.

And of course, Trump has claimed multiple times to have "totally defeated 100% of ISIS".

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
Last night, I was thinking great. Trump and co is going to go on a big rally about Baghdadi being dead. He is going to get a lot of 'he became president' takes, his approval rating will shoot up and impeachment will take a back seat. As he can rally Americans behind the death of ISIS and not attack Democrats or Republicans. Instead he says we may come after Syria's oil next and said Obama admin killing Bin Laden wasnt even that big and he wasnt even known until the World Trade Center attack.
Lmao this scenario was NEVER going to happen.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I keep saying, Sondland will "clarify" himself into complete agreement with Amb. Taylor when this is all over with. He ain't giving up his cushy life to protect Trump

Sondland told House committees that the president told him: "There's no quid pro quo, but Zelensky's got to get out there and do the right thing." He understood that to mean announce investigations into Burisma and election interference.

Remembering intensifies

"9/11 was nothing, now ISIS, that's something."

Please tell me this is not a direct quote because holy fuck is that a thing

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
On the one hand, nothing bad the President does will move his approval rating for more than a week, but on the other hand, nothing good the President does will move his approval rating for more than a week.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Lmao this scenario was NEVER going to happen.
I think in the first months of his presidency, he could've pulled it off back when his staff was forcing him to read from the teleprompter and taking his phone away to stop his never ending tweeting. I mean he and his supporters were able to spin North Korea for the longest time as a win. I felt he could've easily milked this story dry and used it to help stop the bleeding. However, he fucked it up even worse than I could've imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.